There's nothing to be "insecure" about.  At this point Allen is the better QB
in terms of winning and has a better arm.  That doesn't make him a better QB
prospect long term.  Let's see Darnold behind a decent OLine with an actual
running game (which will open up play action).  Once that happens the gifts
that Darnold has (accuracy, mobility, calmness in the pocket, creating plays
off script) will separate him from Allen.  You can't teach accuracy, which
Allen doesn't have and on top of that their playoff game showed he rattles
very easily 

The arm strength is a non story because while Allen has a huge arm Darnold arm is stronger than most and strong enough to make every throw.  

Darnold wins out in all the categories that are important to playing the game

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

I already admitted darnold was better...

Not the topic loo

False. You're trying to play a game each time someone responds to one of your very odd replies, where you deflect the argument. 

You presented one obscure stat your Bills pals told you in a Buffalo thread as if it proved Allen was a better QB about being the best QB at 3rd and 8 or whatever, as if that stat indicates anything. 

I not only crushed that argument, I obliterated it out of universal existence, never to be seen again, and you have no stats to back up a counter argument. 

You presented a false narrative from the very first topic post that Jets fans are insecure about Darnold vs Allen, as if we cry in the corner when they are compared.

Except the problem with your argument, is that no Jets fans do, we just all know that Allen isnt nearly as good as Darnold and we have statistical facts and eyeballs to prove that argument. Then YOU conflate that with being "insecure"..... because you're clearly a Bills fan.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, freestater said:

The next time Josh Allen hits a receiver in the numbers will be the first time. Guys breaking stride for an outside ball, balls thrown at their feet, or wildly over their heads. The guy's accuracy simply isn't there. That's the one aspect of a QB's game that historically never gets fixed. I've said it before, Josh Allen is Jeff George with a better attitude. 

Unfortunately for Bills fans this assessment is correct.

Josh Allen is a great kid, who can make plays running and throwing the ball down the field.  But as we saw with Mark Sanchez, winning games can really mask just how good a QB is.  The Bills are a very well coached team, who have won games with Allen at QB which doesnt mean that Allen is a good QB.

As we saw in the Super Bowl, if you want to make a run in the playoffs you need a QB who can orchestrate game winning drives by throwing the ball and im not sure Allen will ever develop the accuracy and touch to be a consistent enough passer to do that.  Sam has that ability - he has other things to work on, but he has shown he can be an elite passer as far as accuracy and anticipation.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

The arm strength is a non story because while Allen has a huge arm Darnold arm is stronger than most and strong enough to make every throw.  

Darnold wins out in all the categories that are important to playing the game

Allen is more talented.  That is undeniable 

Darnold I think will be better if gase is medicated

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

False. You're trying to play a game each time someone responds to one of your very odd replies, where you deflect the argument. 

You presented one obscure stat your Bills pals told you in a Buffalo thread as if it proved Allen was a better QB about being the best QB at 3rd and 8 or whatever, as if that stat indicates anything. 

I not only crushed that argument, I obliterated it out of universal existence, never to be seen again, and you have no stats to back up a counter argument. 

You presented a false narrative from the very first topic post that Jets fans are insecure about Darnold vs Allen, as if we cry in the corner when they are compared.

Except the problem with your argument, is that no Jets fans do, we just all know that Allen isnt nearly as good as Darnold and we have statistical facts and eyeballs to prove that argument. Then YOU conflate that with being "insecure"..... because you're clearly a Bills fan.

I never said Allen is better lol

More insecurities 

3rd and long is extremely indicative of a qb that will be great

Try again 

• Thumb Down 2

He was so awful that he overcame fluke turnovers and dissected us in the 4th under all the pressure 

Keep going

No, the Bills overcame a Jets team that lost key defenders that game and were playing with a QB who had mono.

The biggest play made by Allen that game was the bogus, horrible roughing the QB call on 3rd and long to set up their TD

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Josh Allen is a great kid, who can make plays running and throwing the ball down the field.  But as we saw with Mark Sanchez, winning games can really mask just how good a QB is.  The Bills are a very well coached team, who have won games with Allen at QB which doesnt mean that Allen is a good QB.

As we saw in the Super Bowl, if you want to make a run in the playoffs you need a QB who can orchestrate game winning drives by throwing the ball and im not sure Allen will ever develop the accuracy and touch to be a consistent enough passer to do that.  Sam has that ability - he has other things to work on, but he has shown he can be an elite passer as far as accuracy and anticipation.

Allen has great accuracy and anticipation. 

His issue is being Favre like erratic 

There's a difference 

• Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He was 11-5 in his first full NFL season.

29 of 49, 235 yards, 1-1

Horrible?  

Josh Allen was 10-6 his first full NFL season (He started but sat most of week 17)

Josh Allen went 24/46 had 372 Yards 1-1, in his first playoff game.

• Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, GeorgeJetson said:

Both players have their fans and detractors. It’s part of being a young QB. 

In the OPs defense the majority of Jets fans were pretty happy with Sanchez after two years. As fans there is an element of blind faith with these players, and young QBs are especially polarizing.

Josh Allen is going through the same thing as Sam. There are plenty Bills fans who aren’t sold on him just like there are plenty of fans who think he’s the second coming.

To me these threads are pointless. Both players are uncontested starters next year-lets just see how things play out. 

Good Post.  Look frankly I don’t have any issue with fans liking another QB.  There are fans who like Baker More.  Hell there were even some who still liked Rosen more.  As for Allen I’ve mentioned his strengths and weaknesses.  I’m not a fan of his but he seems like a good kid.  I’ve always preferred Darnold even a year before we drafted him.  He also has things he needs to fix but he also has had no real support around him.  Thankfully Douglas is starting to fix that and will continue going in the draft.  Personally I don’t focus on other teams players just my own 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

He was so awful that he overcame fluke turnovers and dissected us in the 4th under all the pressure 

Keep going

Dissected?  If Darryl Roberts is halfway competent and turns his head on a poorly thrown ball, we're 8-8 and they're 9-7.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

I see Josh Allen’s upside as Cam Newton and downside as Mitchell Trubisky/Blake Bortles. 

It will all depend on how consistent Allen can become on throws 10 yards and under. He misses way too many of those, and that limits what you can do on offense. 

5 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Here is the truth......... Josh Allen averages more TDs per game and less turnovers per game than Sam Darnold. This was true in both his rookie year and sophomore year. 

This is not true. 

Darnold has 33 career turnovers in 26 games 

Allen has 43 career turnovers in 28 games. 

The TDs are only when factoring in rushing TDs, something that does not hold up for QBs career wise. 

Dont state something as fact unless you apply context. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

Allen is more talented.  That is undeniable 

Darnold I think will be better if gase is medicated

I never said Allen is better lol

More insecurities 

3rd and long is extremely indicative of a qb that will be great

Try again 

LOL

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, the Bills overcame a Jets team that lost key defenders that game and were playing with a QB who had mono.

The biggest play made by Allen that game was the bogus, horrible roughing the QB call on 3rd and long to set up their TD

Lol

Did the mono strike in the 4th qtr...

Did losing one linebacker cause the meltdown 

Ok

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Dissected?  If Darryl Roberts is halfway competent and turns his head on a poorly thrown ball, we're 8-8 and they're 9-7.

Lol the Bills rested their entire team week 17 and the Jets still almost lost (were playing mostly backups themselves to be fair). 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Good Post.  Look frankly I don’t have any issue with fans liking another QB.  There are fans who like Baker More.  Hell there were even some who still liked Rosen more.  As for Allen I’ve mentioned his strengths and weaknesses.  I’m not a fan of his but he seems like a good kid.  I’ve always preferred Darnold even a year before we drafted him.  He also has things he needs to fix but he also has had no real support around him.  Thankfully Douglas is starting to fix that and will continue going in the draft.  Personally I don’t focus on other teams players just my own 

I agree

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, hamat711 said:

Josh Allen was 10-6 his first full NFL season (He started but sat most of week 17)

Josh Allen went 24/46 had 372 Yards 1-1, in his first playoff game.

And was the reason they got booted from the playoffs both years.

2 minutes ago, freestater said:

That's precisely what you'd think. 

You know....cause of the stupid. 

I honestly feel bad for Bills fans.  They're a passionate group of fans and have been miserable for along long time.  They're pretty loaded, seem to have a good coaching staff, front office seems competent for the first time in a long time, have had some good season (fools gold) but the only issue is Josh Allen.  He's the only thing holding them back and I'm sure that has to suck.  We know the feeling all to well. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

Allen has great accuracy and anticipation. 

His issue is being Favre like erratic 

There's a difference 

Yeah.

These are the dumb things fans of a QB with little accuracy and no anticipation say.

OMG, this is so wrong 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, GeorgeJetson said:

I see Josh Allen’s upside as Cam Newton and downside as Mitchell Trubisky/Blake Bortles. 

It will all depend on how consistent Allen can become on throws 10 yards and under. He misses way too many of those, and that limits what you can do on offense. 

Tht literally didn't happen last yr. Try again 

• Thumb Down 1

21 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Thank you for waiting for that ONE random stat of no consequence. 

For your viewing pleasure, I present facts...

Darnold 512 for 855 with 59.9% completion rate. 5889 yards with 36 TDs to 28 Ints/5 fumbles (33 turnovers) Longest pass each season of 76 and 92 yards with 7 yards per pass attempt. 63 sacks. 

Allen 449 for 781 with 56% completion rate.  5180 yards with 30 TDs to 21 Ints/22 fumbles (43 turnovers) Longest pass each season of 75 and 53 with 6.5 yards per pass attempt. 66 sacks.

Darnold was better in

Completed passes, Yards, TDs, Less total turnovers, Longer passes, Yards per completed pass, Taking less sacks. 

Allen was better in 

Less Interceptions.

And to twist the knife in your ribs even more, Darnold did all that in 2 less career games and behind the statistically worst line in the NFL. 

So what did we learn here? Darnold is better than Allen in every major QB category that matters. 

Tell your Bills buddies you failed at your mission. 

LOL, you left out 17 TDs for Josh Allen and all his rushing yards.

This is false unless you literally take away all of Josh's running abilities.

4 minutes ago, GeorgeJetson said:

Lol the Bills rested their entire team week 17 and the Jets still almost lost (were playing mostly backups themselves to be fair). 

And what does two teams playing without their starters have to do with anything