Jump to content

Why do many jets fans act so insecure about darnold vs Allen


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

I responded to the AFC east pecking order honestly and ppl acted like little girls because another team has a good qb? Its weird

And people responded honestly.

Just because it goes against your delicate sensibilities about Josh Allen, doesnt mean you need to start a thread about it. Nor does it mean anybody was acting like little girls. 

Same goes for the Mayfieldettes.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

?

We don't. Allen is hot garbage.

You're clearly an undercover Bills fan, but I will give it to ya straight.  Ain't no Jets fans insecure about Josh Allen, we just have two eyes and know he sucks.  Take that back to your Bil

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

NFL scouts disagree with you...

You don't have facts you have feelings.  Hence the thread topic 

Want to go by NFL scouts thought process? If that's the metric, they think Darnold is far superior than Allen, they did before, during, and after the draft. 

You don't want me to get out the statistical facts to prove you wrong, I assure you. 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Are dumb Bills fans this clueless?  You want to continue to talk one game to compare Watson to Allan.

 

Playoffs are a different animal and test. Why are you negating Watson's horrible 1st playoffs game?

 

Again its insecurities and not logical 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Testaverde98 said:

So tons of media and NFL scouts for 2 years saw him as potentially #1 overall in 17 and 18... they are 10?

Mel Kiper once said he'd retire if Jimmy Clausen wasn't a franchise QB.  That's who you are relying on to prove your point?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Want to go by NFL scouts thought process? If that's the metric, they think Darnold is far superior than Allen, they did before, during, and after the draft. 

You don't want me to get out the statistical facts to prove you wrong, I assure you. 

 

I admitted I'd rather have darnold 

 

Thts not the topic.

 

Again pay attention because these responses are proving my point. Stop making us look soft

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

So tons of media and NFL scouts for 2 years saw him as potentially #1 overall in 17 and 18... they are 10?

The same "tons of media and NFL scouts" who all had Darnold better coming into their draft?

Total BS, the overwhelming number had Darnold #1, most had Allan 3rd.  At best

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's difficult to accurately assess a Quarterback who plays behind a line that allowed 52 sacks in a season.  (When the Jets won their one and only Super Bowl, the line gave up 9 sacks).  Let's give Sam a half way decent line and quality receivers and then make a judgment.  Right now, his selection in the Draft is one of the very few good things that Mike Maccagnan did.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jet Nut said:

The same "tons of media and NFL scouts" who all had Darnold better coming into their draft?

Total BS, the overwhelming number had Darnold #1, most had Allan 3rd.  At best

 

I ALREADY TOLD YOU I THINK DARNOLD IS BETTER...

 

you're literally proving that point about being insecure 

 

I never even asked is Allen better lol

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Testaverde98 said:

So you must be 100% correct in order to see general trends

 

Wtf

What about a large raw project who was considered inaccurate with a large arm is considered a "trend"?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Testaverde98 said:

I admitted I'd rather have darnold 

 

Thts not the topic.

 

Again pay attention because these responses are proving my point. Stop making us look soft

Stop conflating arguments. 

Me saying Josh Allen blows and being able to prove that to you statistically, does not mean that I'm insecure about Darnold. 

It means I have two eyes, facts, and a correct opinion.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TMAC said:

It's difficult to accurately assess a Quarterback who plays behind a line that allowed 52 sacks in a season.  (When the Jets won their one and only Super Bowl, the line gave up 9 sacks).  Let's give Sam a half way decent line and quality receivers and then make a judgment.  Right now, his selection in the Draft is one of the very few good things that Mike Maccagnan did.

The thread isnt about darnold 

The thread is why jets fans get butthurt when any other jets fans admits Allen is good or talented or had a good game 

Its ****in weird

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

So tons of media and NFL scouts for 2 years saw him as potentially #1 overall in 17 and 18... they are 10?

To be fair, these were many of the same people who said that about Geno Smith and Ryan Nassib.And back in the day Rick Mirer and Ryan Leaf.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Stop conflating arguments. 

Me saying Josh Allen blows and being able to prove that to you statistically, does not mean that I'm insecure about Darnold. 

It means I have two eyes, facts, and a correct opinion.

What did you prove statistically?

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

The thread isnt about darnold 

The thread is why jets fans get butthurt when any other jets fans admits Allen is good or talented or had a good game 

Its ****in weird

What's "f*ckin weird" is coming to a Jets forum to start a thread about Josh Allen because you got absolutely assmad that people thought he sucks in a thread discussing the AFC East. 

Why couldn't you leave it in that thread?

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mogglez said:

What's "f*ckin weird" is coming to a Jets forum to start a thread about Josh Allen because you got absolutely assmad that people thought he sucks in a thread discussing the AFC East. 

Why couldn't you leave it in that thread?

Because he is a Bills fan. I believe this 100%. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

Playoffs are a different animal and test. Why are you negating Watson's horrible 1st playoffs game?

 

Again its insecurities and not logical 

He was 11-5 in his first full NFL season.

29 of 49, 235 yards, 1-1

Horrible?  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

I responded to the AFC east pecking order honestly and ppl acted like little girls because another team has a good qb? Its weird

What was good about Allen in the 4th qrt of the playoff game. It looked liked he went into the lockerroom  after the third and took a bunch of qualudes

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

What's "f*ckin weird" is coming to a Jets forum to start a thread about Josh Allen because you got absolutely assmad that people thought he sucks in a thread discussing the AFC East. 

Why could you leave it in that thread?

I really feel our fanbase is truly effed in the head

 

It's just strange 

 

It's like tht guy at the bar constantly buy drinks and hes your friend... you love him but just shake your head

 

Thts how I feel about my jets brothers 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

I ALREADY TOLD YOU I THINK DARNOLD IS BETTER...

 

you're literally proving that point about being insecure 

 

I never even asked is Allen better lol

And why would you post this in response to me for responding to your post wrongfully claiming that tons of scouts had Allan over Darnold.  Which is total BS.

I'm not the insecure weenie who started a thread about a topic no one agrees with.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Testaverde98 said:

I really feel our fanbase is truly effed in the head

 

It's just strange 

 

It's like tht guy at the bar constantly buy drinks and hes your friend... you love him but just shake your head

 

Thts how I feel about my jets brothers 

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

  • Post of the Week 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Nobody wants to admit that we’re in trouble right now. Every Jets fan thought that once the Pats reign came to an end we’d be the ones to take over the division. Guess what, the Bills are already a playoff team and the Phins might just be building something. The Jets have their work cut out for them but it can be done. 

Why do the Dolphins get the "they might be building something" tag but we don't? We have a young QB who granted, has a lot to prove, but certainly looks like he can play. We finally have a GM who is working on protecting him. We have some building block players on defense. Coming off a 7 win season I don't think we're in a terrible spot. 

I didn't watch Buffalo play last year and think they were light years ahead of us. Miami still has a lot of work to do. And we'll see what happens in New England. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jet Nut said:

And why would you post this in response to me for responding to your post wrongfully claiming that tons of scouts had Allan over Darnold.  Which is total BS.

I'm not the insecure weenie who started a thread about a topic no one agrees with.

I said many scouts had Allen #1... what does that have to  do with darnold 

MANY Scouts also had darnold #1

 

your response again is proving my point

 

Its weird insecurities 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Why do the Fins get the "they might be building something" tag but we don't? We have a young QB who granted, has a lot to prove, but certainly looks like he can play. We finally have a GM who is working on protecting him. We have some building block players on defense. Coming off a 7 win season I don't think we're in a terrible spot. 

I didn't watch Buffalo play last year and think they were light years ahead of us. Miami still has a lot of work to do. And we'll see what happens in New England. 

Because gase is a psychopath like ray liotta in unlawful entry....

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

I said many scouts had Allen #1... what does that have to  do with darnold 

MANY Scouts also had darnold #1

 

your response again is proving my point

 

Its weird insecurities 

Many scouts had Trubisky as head of his class.  What is your point with this?  Scouts are, more often than not, wrong when it comes to QB rankings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Testaverde98 said:

Because gase is a psychopath like ray liotta in unlawful entry....

Not sure what that means. Miami has an unproven Head Coach as well and Gase took his team in Miami to the playoffs in his first season. I'm not a Gase fan but the idea we can't win if he's the coach just isn't accurate in my opinion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

Did you watch watsons 1st playoff game vs indy? Allen was light years ahead...

 

Isnt this a normal phase for young QBs not named mahomes? It's just strange analysis 

 

I mean I saw him make some insane throws for his 1st playoff game but hes still way too erratic. 

 

Favre was the same his 1st few yrs

 

Asides from Allen being a foot taller I literally can’t tell Allen from Favre from their on field play. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...