Why do many jets fans act so insecure about darnold vs Allen

Just now, Testaverde98 said:

Every qb misses throws. I can pull up tape on Rodgers missing throws 

It's a made up narrative 

Rodgers has a career completion percentage of 64.6%.  when he does it, it's considered a rare mistake. 

Pull up tape on him missing a swing pass or missing a wide open TE with zero defenders around him.  I'll wait.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Josh Allen isn't as bad people here want him to be.

Going into his rookie season, Josh Allen had the 2nd worst OL, the Worst WR group in the league led by UDFA Robert Foster and Zay Jones. His running backs also averaged about 3.2 yards per carry. He might have had the worst offensive personnel in the last decade during his rookie year. Despite all this, he still showed flashes and completely took over some games.

9/10 starters on the 2018 Bills roster are out the league or backups on the roster bubble right now. The lone exception is Dion Dawkins the BIlls staring LT. That's how bad it was.

In 2019, his O-line was average to below average with several upgrades to his WRs including John Brown and Cole Beasley, who are good but not special. WR was still a weakness on this roster.

Despite all this, Josh Allen was still 6th in total TDs even though he basically sat out week 17.

Here is the truth......... Josh Allen averages more TDs per game and less turnovers per game than Sam Darnold. This was true in both his rookie year and sophomore year. 

As someone has already pointed out, your "truth" is statistically incorrect.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

I honestly feel bad for Bills fans.  They're a passionate group of fans and have been miserable for along long time.  They're pretty loaded, seem to have a good coaching staff, front office seems competent for the first time in a long time, have had some good season (fools gold) but the only issue is Josh Allen.  He's the only thing holding them back and I'm sure that has to suck.  We know the feeling all to well. 

Its why they constantly come to a Jet board for validation.

And constantly bring up Darnold because not matter how they load up they know they'll always have to overcome Allens erratic play

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Rodgers has a career completion percentage of 64.6%.  when he does it, it's considered a rare mistake. 

Pull up tape on him missing a swing pass or missing a wide open TE with zero defenders around him.  I'll wait.

Again comp% does not mean accurate 

• Thumb Down 2

37 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Josh Allen was 10-6 his first full NFL season (He started but sat most of week 17)

Josh Allen went 24/46 had 372 Yards 1-1, in his first playoff game.

Josh Allen has never thrown for 300 yards in a game, nor did he throw a TD in the playoffs.  Stop manipulating his rushing, receiving, and passing numbers to fit your narrative.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ElBarrioJets said:

We don't. Allen is hot garbage.

You should see Bills fan forums. They drip with insecurity.

It frequently gets to the point where there are what I call Allen enforcers who attack other fans who express doubt or awareness of Allen’s limitations. The enforcers seem to have at least some moderator influence - turning Allen disputes into membership questions.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Testaverde98 said:

Again comp% does not mean accurate 

Cool.  I've posted other proof.  Now show me Aaron Rodgers missing those same passes.  Btw, all of those passes I showed are from one game.  There's plenty of others.

30 minutes ago, Testaverde98 said:

Lol

Did the mono strike in the 4th qtr...

Did losing one linebacker cause the meltdown 

Ok

Actually given mono causes lethargy, aches, pain, fatigue, fever, etc, yes, would feel worse as the game wore on.

Is that a LOL moment?

Allen is at 56.3% completion on 781 attempts.  What skews this is the pass attempts.  Sam has 855 career attempts in 26 games while Allen has 781 in 28 regular season games.

Because the Bills are well-coached, run the ball so much and have installed an offense that fits Allens strengths, they have actually limited his attempts which makes his accuracy % even more misleading.

1 minute ago, Ian Fleming said:

You should see Bills fan forums. They drip with insecurity.

It frequently gets to the point where there are what I call Allen enforcers who attack other fans who express doubt or awareness of Allen’s limitations. The enforcers seem to have at least some moderator influence - turning Allen disputes into membership questions.

Oy. 

I see the Bills and the Jets as the inverse of one another. 

The Jets have a crap roster and a QB who has a sky high ceiling. 

The Bills have a good roster with a QB who may never get over the hump. 

That's why this offseason is so important. 

6 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

LOL, you left out 17 TDs for Josh Allen and all his rushing yards.

This is false unless you literally take away all of Josh's running abilities.

QB stats. 

Not running back stats. It has been historically proven that rushing QBs do not hold up long in the NFL. So when the day comes that Allen decimates his knee, which it will, we will talk. 

But for the sake of argument, sure, I will give you rushing stats, Darnold still beats Allen at every passing category that matters in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, JTJet said:

This is not true. 

Darnold has 33 career turnovers in 26 games 

Allen has 43 career turnovers in 28 games. 

The TDs are only when factoring in rushing TDs, something that does not hold up for QBs career wise. 

Dont state something as fact unless you apply context. 

Bro, stop making things up. Anybody can google this.

Josh Allen has 27 career turnovers.

How can you constantly be so wrong? Even your number for Darnold is wrong by whatever metric you are using.

• Thumb Down 2

8 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

good thing those numbers are wrong.

It's missing 17 TDs for Allen and over 1k yards.

Get back to me when Allen takes over a game with his arm, passing the ball down field.  

Get back to me when his arm is the best part of his game.  

Get back to me when he becomes more than a runner who dinks and dunks like a bigger version of Tyrod Taylor.

Get back to me when he manages to pass the ball for 300 yards or more.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

One of his first passes of the year was a misfired 5-7 yard hitch route into the hands of CJ Mosley for a pick-6.

Don't forget the heave mid-late 3rd Q to no one that Maye dropped an easy int. on. It was still 16-0, and would have sealed the game.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Allen is at 56.3% completion on 781 attempts.  What skews this is the pass attempts.  Sam has 855 career attempts in 26 games while Allen has 781 in 28 regular season games.

Because the Bills are well-coached, run the ball so much and have installed an offense that fits Allens strengths, they have actually limited his attempts which makes his accuracy % even more misleading.

Playing with a lead, not trying to force the ball to get back into games instead of managing a game with short, safe passes also helps skew numbers

Just now, hamat711 said:

Total yards. 

I never indicated it was passing yards.

Yards are Yards anyway.

Including those number with passing attempts TDs and INTs does not infer "total yards".  It's intentionally dishonest.

Personally I think the thread should be locked. It's a non issue and clear as day these two guys are Bills fans in the Jets forum here to rile people up. 

Both guys have borderline negative reps and are arguing mostly with people who have long documented history on here. If you look at their comment history there are a lot of negative Jets outlooks etc. 

They are just bored Bills fans sitting at home cooped up in a crappy town. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

How can you constantly be so wrong? Even your number for Darnold is wrong by whatever metric you are using.

He has 21 total INTs and 22 total fumbles.  43 turnovers.

You want to include total yards and rushing yards to inflate his numbers, but you don't want to include turnovers because it hurts your argument.

Lmfao, GTFO and go back to your Bills forums.

Screenshot_20200322-105647.thumb.png.994b054fd1a5a0cdfbedf3ac58c4cc92.pngScreenshot_20200322-105706.thumb.png.9c99d741ebffe026c398f53149d48201.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

34 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Josh Allen isn't as bad people here want him to be.

Going into his rookie season, Josh Allen had the 2nd worst OL, the Worst WR group in the league led by UDFA Robert Foster and Zay Jones. His running backs also averaged about 3.2 yards per carry. He might have had the worst offensive personnel in the last decade during his rookie year. Despite all this, he still showed flashes and completely took over some games.

9/10 starters on the 2018 Bills roster are out the league or backups on the roster bubble right now. The lone exception is Dion Dawkins the BIlls staring LT. That's how bad it was.

In 2019, his O-line was average to below average with several upgrades to his WRs including John Brown and Cole Beasley, who are good but not special. WR was still a weakness on this roster.

Despite all this, Josh Allen was still 6th in total TDs even though he basically sat out week 17.

Here is the truth......... Josh Allen averages more TDs per game and less turnovers per game than Sam Darnold. This was true in both his rookie year and sophomore year. 

Josh Allen is a terrific running back.  

SAR I

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Personally I think the thread should be locked. It's a non issue and clear as day these two guys are Bills fans in the Jets forum here to rile people up. 

Both guys have borderline negative reps and are arguing mostly with people who have long documented history on here. If you look at their comment history there are a lot of negative Jets outlooks etc. 

They are just bored Bills fans sitting at home cooped up in a crappy town. 

Got to give them credit though

The original attempt to troll the board was based on the misconception that Jets fans are down on Darnold and insecure about him vs Allen.

This thread totally proves which fan base is insecure not only with Allen vs Darnold but with which team.

• Post of the Week 3

9 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

I will retract one stat, its 37 turnovers for Allen, 39 for Darnold. 

Even with that retraction, the numbers still favor Darnold. 

Sorry Bills fan. 

• Thumb Down 1

34 minutes ago, GeorgeJetson said:

Both players have their fans and detractors. It’s part of being a young QB. 

In the OPs defense the majority of Jets fans were pretty happy with Sanchez after two years. As fans there is an element of blind faith with these players, and young QBs are especially polarizing.

Josh Allen is going through the same thing as Sam. There are plenty Bills fans who aren’t sold on him just like there are plenty of fans who think he’s the second coming.

To me these threads are pointless. Both players are uncontested starters next year-lets just see how things play out. 

The difference is that Allen was handed a playoff roster and no injuries last season and didn’t show much growth while Darnold was handed every obstacle imaginable and shone brightly.  

SAR I

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Josh Allen is a terrific running back.  

SAR I

In fairness that his big strength.  I give Allen credit for being a great runner. However that can eventually be dangerous for a QB mostly because of the high risk of injury.  However I don’t trust his arm.  Even with the great protection he gets he makes a lot of bad throws.