Jeff Okudah -CB

Dinamite

I have seen a few mocks now where Okudah somehow is available at 11.

Here is a question for the Draft forum.  If Okudah is there and the big 4 tackles are gone, do you select Okudah? He is a blue chipper in a premium position and a need.

Or do you pick offense no matter what (WR or trade back for tackle). 

While I'd be OK with picking Okudah, I'd rather a trade back IF we felt we'd still get "our guy" further down. A few mocks I've seen have Jeudy and Lamb going just after our pick, so it'd be disappointing to trade down and end up having to "make do" with a pick in Rd 1.

10 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I get the Dee Milner sweats when I think of going with a CB in Round 1.

The thing I hated about the Dee Milliner pick is that we created a hole and then had to take him. Okudah is the talent. He’s a fine prospect, he talks the part and acts the part.

5 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

You take okudah even if there is still one of the tackles left. Corner is a bigger need, he is a better prospect, and the draft is much deeper for offensive line than corner back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I see no possible justification for a CB being a bigger need than LT for this team. We certainly need a CB or 3 but not in same world as OT OR WR for that matter

34 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

You take okudah even if there is still one of the tackles left. Corner is a bigger need, he is a better prospect, and the draft is much deeper for offensive line than corner back.

Milliner was a great prospect too

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1545821-dee-milliners-combine-performance-shows-cb-is-a-lock-for-top-10-pick

• 2 weeks later...
Milliner was a good prospect but had flags. Okudah I believe is pretty clean. We also reached for milliner after trading revis. Okudah would have to fall to us and can easily be justified as bpa.

6 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Milliner was a good prospect but had flags. Okudah I believe is pretty clean. We also reached for milliner after trading revis. Okudah would have to fall to us and can easily be justified as bpa.

Milliner was also a good player WHEN HE PLAYED. His career was completely derailed by injuries. If you are constantly nicked up and injured as a young player coming up in the NFL its really hard to be a good player. Milliner would string together a few good games and then he would get hurt. One thing is being a bust because you flat out suck another thing is being a bust b/c you are constantly injured.