(Claim) Report: Jets Eyeing Henry Ruggs "Closely"

43 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I dont see the comparisons being equal between the players and as you say, the eras.  

I dont see Ruggs struggling to get free, having to grow given the way WRs are allowed to run wild today

I just dont see how you pass on a Jeudy and take Ruggs.  To me you cant risk the 11th pick, on this team with its needs projecting his talents when Jeudy is sitting there

Fair enough and I would be fine with Jeudy. If JD took Ruggs over him that would definitely be a "bolder" move as opposed to the "safe" pick in JJ.     However, how many times have we put too much emphasis on college production and not enough on projecting to the next level.  Ruggs has production and also projects to be even better at the next level.  I think Jeudy has a very high floor but his ceiling is not as high as Ruggs.   If we do pick Ruggs and Jeudy is still on the board it will be interesting to hear JDs reasoning.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Lets start with the Redskins aren't picking 3rd.  Then we'll go onto this was done in December 

And the main point, its a single December mock.  Doesnt make it a drastic slide.

Look I like Ruggs.  I could see him picked.  I wouldnt get twisted by that pick.  Doesnt mean I'm shltting on Jeudy or acting like its stupid to pick the top rated WR in this class. 

He said: 

the real question, why was Jeudy a top 3 pick in December and now he's top 15? scouts got to know him more 

In December we didn't know who was picking #3 and in December it was December. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

He said: 

Mock drafts are put together with an eye on who needs help to what unit at the #3. 

Mock drafts are different lists than player rankings. 

1 hour ago, peebag said:

With a name like deucebag, you know he/she can't be wrong!!!

Yes comrade, I should know better than to express my opinion on an open forum.  Is it from you who I must seek permission prior to posting a thought?

49 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He said: 

yeah LOL it's like EXACTLY what he ordered

i mean at some point one just has to stop responding

it's going to happen in a week one way or the other 

Why is Ruggs even going top 20? I seriously don't see the value here. I like for once that production isn't the tell all for a player unless we're discussing Clowney, however I don't see the upside in drafting him so high.

If we want value on a speed demon, select Quez Watkins in the later rounds. Ran a 4.35 at the combine, 64 rec, 1178 yards, 6 TDs.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Why is Ruggs even going top 20? I seriously don't see the value here. I like for once that production isn't the tell all for a player unless we're discussing Clowney, however I don't see the upside in drafting him so high.

If we want value on a speed demon, select Quez Watkins in the later rounds. Ran a 4.35 at the combine, 64 rec, 1178 yards, 6 TDs.

Ruggs III is talked about top 20 because he touched the ball 100 times in college and 25 of those touches went for TDs

15 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Isn't Clowney in the NFL already?  Why would discussing whether college production translates be an apples to apples comparison with six years in the NFL? 

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

Patriots CB Stephon Gilmore is the reigning defensive player of the year. JC Jackson has the best PFF CB grade in all of football. 

and the Jets play them twice 

people want Sam to play better it's not just about protecting him from pass rushers

someone needs to get open 

We’ll see how good Gilmore is when he isn’t allowed to hold every play next season

5 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Ruggs III is talked about top 20 because he touched the ball 100 times in college and 25 of those touches went for TDs

Ruggs has insane speed and he can actually run routes and catch unlike other guys just known for sick 40 times 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I don't agree with your view on Ruggs but Watkins is definitely going to be a good player if he goes to the right team. Could see the Jets taking him in the 4th.