(Claim) Report: Jets Eyeing Henry Ruggs "Closely"

Ruggs' speed alone helps both the running and passing games because it forces safeties into more passive positioning. He can work all three levels and his ability to turn slants and crossing routes into big gainers could make him the favorite gift under the tree for a quarterback and offense in need of an explosive weapon. He has quick, sure hands to handle off-target throws, but learning to release, separate and catch against physical NFL cornerbacks could require an adjustment period. He won't rack up the targets, but has explosive speed and talent to imprint on games with regularity.

5 minutes ago, deucebag said:

IDK, the last thing I want is Santana Moss part two, a WR with elite speed who takes 4 years to fill in his frame before he can become a complete WR.

Moss put up good numbers for us mostly playing with a QB who wasn't particularly well suited to get him the ball down the field. 

• Upvote 4

While I love the top 3 prospects at WR in this draft I don’t believe any of the 3 will be true outside #1 WR’s, though I do believe this draft will produce at least 3 true outside #1 WR’s, and possibly 1 elite Micheal Thomas like WR from Rd 2, or Keenan Allen from rd 3.

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

santana moss had more than 10,000 receiving yards in his career and 66 tds.  not bad.

You missed my point, it took him a couple of years to build the strength and physique needed to be a productive receiver, once he did, he was all-pro caliber.  My point is, we cannot afford to wait a few years, we have nothing at WR and need to draft two who will be productive from day one.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

While I love the top 3 prospects at WR in this draft I don’t believe any of the 3 will be true outside #1 WR’s, though I do believe this draft will produce at least 3 true outside #1 WR’s, and possibly 1 elite Micheal Thomas like WR from Rd 2, or Keenan Allen from rd 3.

I totally agree, I do not like any of the WR prospects enough to draft at 11.

• Post of the Week 2

9 minutes ago, deucebag said:

You missed my point, it took him a couple of years to build the strength and physique needed to be a productive receiver, once he did, he was all-pro caliber.  My point is, we cannot afford to wait a few years, we have nothing at WR and need to draft two who will be productive from day one.

This guy is not Santana Moss so your comparison is irrelevant.  Ruggs is closer to Tareek Hill than Santana Moss.   Plus Moss played in a different era that was much more physical and hands on.  Ruggs, he has a wirey build, very long arms, tremendous leaper and plays bigger than his 5'11 190 would suggest.  

• Upvote 2

Santana Moss was an overrated pussy who always ran out of bounds to avoid getting hit and was afraid to go over the middle ..and when he did he would drop the ball.. every single time! I was elated when we traded him to the Redskins and got Coles back as he and Wayne were tough little bastards! Santana Moss was straight up soft! Not a JET!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Santana Moss was an overrated pussy who always ran out of bounds to avoid getting hit and was afraid to go over the middle ..and when he did he would drop the ball.. every single time! I was elated when we traded him to the Redskins and got Coles back as he and Wayne were tough little bastards! Santana Moss was straight up soft! Not a JET!

His career got off to a bad start. He was really good though and ended up playing forever in Washington. Great punt returner too.

20 minutes ago, deucebag said:

Ruggs is big enough to be ready to go, he's basically the same size as Tyreek Hill & Moss.  He's not my 1st choice at WR but he could be something special.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

His career got off to a bad start. He was really good though and ended up playing forever in Washington. Great punt returner too.

Who gives a f*** about what he did in Washington!? When in N.Y. he was soft going over the middle and avoided contact. Moss ran out of bounds, hit the ground or droped the ball. 

Trust me I was there.. that was the "Jetskins" era under Terry Bradway. It was ridiculous. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and I was so happy that # 87 came back.

• Upvote 2

He's taller and faster than Santana coming out of college.

He could be Desean Jackson or he could be John Ross.

By all accounts he's a high character guy. With that kind of talent, I think he's gonna be a very successful pro.

I wouldn't be mad at all if we draft him, but I think this is a smokescreen.

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, jetsons said:

@ #11... no

Not at 11.  Ruggs at 16 After swapping with the falcons.  Take the best OT with the 2nd, WR with 1st3rd, Bryce Hall/ Troy Pride Jr with 2nd3rd, best center with our third rd 3 pick(falcons), Fourth round another wide receiver or edge rusher and then snag a quality guard in the fifth and a kicker in the sixth… That would be sweet in the scenario I think.