Dak turns down 5-year bajillion dollar offer from Dallas...supposedly

On 5/25/2020 at 8:45 PM, GREENBEAN said:

Is it?   I think this is complete BS.  He was offered to be the highest paid QB in NFL history and has never been the top rated QB in the league. Never gotten anywhere in the playoffs and plays on a very well built offense. This is what's called greed and it's gross.  This is where the player loses me. 

We are witnessing the end of the game by Letting agents and money people run the show. This isn't $35 mil total, which is more than anyone can spend in a lifetime. It's $35 mil per for 5 years. Not good enough?  Greed.  

But but Green.....he has to feed his family, his career could be over in one play and you expect him to survive financially on the $60-$100 million that is guaranteed? Plus how can he screw over the future QBs and their contracts and their ability to put food on the table?  The Jones are being completely unreasonable. Jerrah sits on his $150 million yacht with all those hot women and he doesnt evn value Dak as much as his yacht? GFFOH. Everyone knows that Dak is the reason the Cowboys are extremely mediocre and not effective in the playoffs. How can you not reward that?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2020 at 11:45 PM, GREENBEAN said:

Is it?   I think this is complete BS.  He was offered to be the highest paid QB in NFL history and has never been the top rated QB in the league. Never gotten anywhere in the playoffs and plays on a very well built offense. This is what's called greed and it's gross.  This is where the player loses me. 

We are witnessing the end of the game by Letting agents and money people run the show. This isn't $35 mil total, which is more than anyone can spend in a lifetime. It's $35 mil per for 5 years. Not good enough?  Greed.  

if 35mm (PRE TAX) is all you can spend in a lifetime you need to have better dreams :-)

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, johnnysd said:

But but Green.....he has to feed his family, his career could be over in one play and you expect him to survive financially on the $60-$100 million that is guaranteed? Plus how can he screw over the future QBs and their contracts and their ability to put food on the table?  The Jones are being completely unreasonable. Jerrah sits on his $150 million yacht with all those hot women and he doesnt evn value Dak as much as his yacht? GFFOH. Everyone knows that Dak is the reason the Cowboys are extremely mediocre and not effective in the playoffs. How can you not reward that?

Wait a second.... is this sarcasm man?? ;-) 

I would actually like to see what Dak would Gert on the open market. I don't think $35 mil would be matched out there for him.  Sometimes these agents are out of their minds. The problem is that they end up getting it in most cases.  I'm the first guy to root for the players to finally get the appropriate piece of the pie but this kind of stuff bothers me and starts to turn my opinion against them. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

I live In an RV man. Maybe I'm a tad bit... off?  :) 

That's pretty cool, I guess that's where the "on the road" thing comes from?

One question, if you don't mind me asking... you've talked about your young son a bunch of times, do you and your wife home school him, or do you not travel during the school year?

• Upvote 1

Put a decent QB in his position and Dallas goes not only into to the playoffs but goes deep into the  playoff's. Dak sucks and I hope Jerry gives him a 40/M dollar long term contract. Thus making sure that Jerry dies without seeing another SB victory.

• Upvote 2

I remember driving down from Long Island late last summer and listening to NFL Radio. The big topic that night was Dak asking for 30 mil, Zeke's holdout and signing Amari to a contract. I thought Prescott was crazy asking for that, and the Cowboys would never be able to sign all three under the cap.

The latter two have gotten paid, and Dak hasn't. He keeps upping his asking price, and the Cowboys seem okay with it. They must be, they keep raising their counter offer. It's at what, $35mil per now?

That's about $2.3 million per game. Not bad work if you can get it.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

That's pretty cool, I guess that's where the "on the road" thing comes from?

One question, if you don't mind me asking... you've talked about your young son a bunch of times, do you and your wife home school him, or do you not travel during the school year?

See? That's why I like you. You're a perceptive fella. That is the basis for the name if the show. I wasn't "on the road" yet when we started it (even though I did travel quite a bit)  but it was in the works. SO Max and I thought it would be cool to set it all up when it actually happens.  In truth I'm planning on giving the board a little into to the real reasoning and intentions of the show and some other details pretty soon. I've had quite a few guys reach out on JN and Youtube and ask some questions in this regard but I had to time it right. Lots of moving parts and such. 

We have been homeschooling our son and daughter for the past 4 1/2 years. That made it easier to make this transition. We were already a little bit out of the box so that helped.  My daughter had a tearful conversation with me late last night about not wanting to do this, but I just told her to shut her stupid 8 year old mouth and do what she's told.  lol ;-) 

It's a little hard on the kids, but once I let the cat out of the bag it will make more sense. My kids will hopefully look back on this fondly. Until then I just live in 200sf with my wife and two kids hahaha 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Wait a second.... is this sarcasm man?? ;-) 

I would actually like to see what Dak would Gert on the open market. I don't think $35 mil would be matched out there for him.  Sometimes these agents are out of their minds. The problem is that they end up getting it in most cases.  I'm the first guy to root for the players to finally get the appropriate piece of the pie but this kind of stuff bothers me and starts to turn my opinion against them. 

I'm not for the few elites that demand the ludicrous contracts. I want to see the guys whos NFL career is at minimum for just a few years to be set up well for his life. Way too much disparity

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I'm not for the few elites that demand the ludicrous contracts. I want to see the guys whos NFL career is at minimum for just a few years to be set up well for his life. Way too much disparity

As seems to be standard in many arenas.  I agree man 

On 5/29/2020 at 12:02 AM, GREENBEAN said:

See? That's why I like you. You're a perceptive fella. That is the basis for the name if the show. I wasn't "on the road" yet when we started it (even though I did travel quite a bit)  but it was in the works. SO Max and I thought it would be cool to set it all up when it actually happens.  In truth I'm planning on giving the board a little into to the real reasoning and intentions of the show and some other details pretty soon. I've had quite a few guys reach out on JN and Youtube and ask some questions in this regard but I had to time it right. Lots of moving parts and such. 

We have been homeschooling our son and daughter for the past 4 1/2 years. That made it easier to make this transition. We were already a little bit out of the box so that helped.  My daughter had a tearful conversation with me late last night about not wanting to do this, but I just told her to shut her stupid 8 year old mouth and do what she's told.  lol ;-) 

It's a little hard on the kids, but once I let the cat out of the bag it will make more sense. My kids will hopefully look back on this fondly. Until then I just live in 200sf with my wife and two kids hahaha 

The last two months have shown we can’t homeschool our kids. Been a disaster. 

we feel like we are on top of each other in our 1700 sq ft apartment  I can’t imagine 200 sq ft  

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/2/2020 at 11:31 PM, batman10023 said:

we feel like we are on top of each other in our 1700 sq ft apartment  I can’t imagine 200 sq ft  

On 6/2/2020 at 11:31 PM, batman10023 said:

tell me about it man. We spend a lot of time outside so that helps. That's really the goal. To FORCE us to go outside for larger stretches.  We spent all day Wednesday sliding down a natural waterslide in North Carolina and it was amazing. Then we come home and basically clean up and go to sleep. 

200SF is still small though. no matter how much sugar I pour on it :)  

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

tell me about it man. We spend a lot of time outside so that helps. That's really the goal. To FORCE us to go outside for larger stretches.  We spent all day Wednesday sliding down a natural waterslide in North Carolina and it was amazing. Then we come home and basically clean up and go to sleep. 

200SF is still small though. no matter how much sugar I pour on it :)  

Nice!  We have a house in Long Island where we have more space and a yard. It is fun to get outside. 

but the water slide sounds fun. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.nfl.com/news/current-cowboys-offer-for-more-years-than-dak-prescott-desires

Current Cowboys offer for more years than Dak Prescott desires

f6b7udz3xm3jglfakq9q.svg

Grant Gordon

NFL.COM DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER

As the days burn deeper into summer and the calendar closes in on July 15, the window continues to shut on Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys working out a long-term contract ahead of the 2020 season.

As of Wednesday, Prescott and the Cowboys are a week away from the deadline to sign an extension and Dallas has an offer on the table, but it's longer than the standout quarterback wants, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.

It's not in the realm of the 10-year pact that Patrick Mahomes signed with the Kansas City Chiefs on Monday, but it is lengthier than Prescott desires, Pelissero clarified.

July 15 stands as the deadline for franchise-tagged players to sign long-term extensions.

Prescott signed his tender on June 22 so no training camp holdout is on the horizon. The two-time Pro Bowler is coming off a huge season statistically in which his career-high 4,902  yards passing were second in the NFL and second all-time in franchise chronicle. His 30 touchdowns were also a career-best in his four-season tenure.

Turning 27 before the month is done, Prescott is due to make $31.4 million this season on the tag. Of the eight quarterbacks who have been franchise tagged in NFL history, only two have played the ensuing season on the tag -- Drew Brees and Kirk Cousins -- and each of them eventually signed with a new team, per NFL Research.

For now, though, there's still a week for Prescott and the Cowboys to work out a long-term stay and as Pelissero said, this "always seemed destined to go down to wire."

On 5/21/2020 at 2:17 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Someone out there would give him $40M+ per if he hit the open market.  

I sure wouldn’t.

But I agree that the Cowboys have no leverage - he is a big leader on that team and they have no viable alternative.