CJ Mosley advocated to let players go out and socialize plus didn't want an NFL bubble.

Jetsbb

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

the Jets traded their best player, their only top 100 player their only all pro etc and CJ was like screw this 

if they aren't going to try this year, why should he? 

fans will say as long as Darnold develops it won't be a lost season

i don't know how much developing Darnold can do when the defense can't get off the field 

does "Garbage time" count as developing? 

No, but it may mean Sam will have to do a lot more throwing......albeit against defenses that will know we have to throw.

I'm starting to feel that whatever is played in 2020 (if anything) will be just end up being an extended preseason for 2021

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

Self hatred? Lol, the hatred is for an organization that for years makes the same stupid mistake of making another free agent the highest paid at his position.

So if he were a drafted player it would be different in some way?

You'd be OK with someone  drafted wanting to be safe vs a FA signing.  FAs should risk their health because what, they were plaid?  Back to that, the amount of safety a player should look for is inversely proportional to how much money they make?

We never should have signed players this year, should have foreseen the pandemic hitting/

Come on with the money aspect, it has noting to do with it.  Anymore that the outrage over FA signings.  

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

the Jets traded their best player, their only top 100 player their only all pro etc and CJ was like screw this 

if they aren't going to try this year, why should he? 

fans will say as long as Darnold develops it won't be a lost season

i don't know how much developing Darnold can do when the defense can't get off the field 

does "Garbage time" count as developing? 

If you believe this you dont understand how football players think.  

Mosely doenst give a damn about Adams.  Players get hurt, Adams could have been hurt

Like CJ a year ago.  Anyone quit?  Even as injuries piled up  with key players

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

I'm starting to feel that whatever is played in 2020 (if anything) will be just end up being an extended preseason for 2021

if 2020 taught us anything, it's that we are all going to live forever /sarcasm

the endless rebuild continues

22 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

If you believe this you dont understand how football players think.  

Mosely doenst give a damn about Adams.  Players get hurt, Adams could have been hurt

Like CJ a year ago.  Anyone quit?  Even as injuries piled up  with key players

some players want to win games. some players are just in it for the money

mosely already has his ring. He already has his money. they aren't contenders in 2020, why bother?

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

mosely already has his ring. He already has his money. they aren't contenders in 2020, why bother?

In typical Jets fashion the most notable and highest paid player opting out is a a Jet.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/2/2020 at 7:39 AM, Jetster said:

If JD can trade this offseason just get rid of him for whatever you can get. Sick & tired of the Jets getting nothing for their money in free agency! 

Revis, Trumaine Johnson, Mosely. Ugh ?

Mac performed franchise malpractice Mac performed franchise malpractice

16 hours ago, bitonti said:

Because theyre football players and to get to that level most play because its in them, a part of them.  Nothing about Mosely has led us to believe hes in it for the money.  So, yes, I may be the dumb one here but when someone tells me they have a child and theres a reason that COVID scares them to the point where they give up millions, I just believe them at face value.  Nothing wrong with those who want to believe hes all about the money, somehow, but I'll go with Moselys words

7 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

Mac performed franchise malpractice Mac performed franchise malpractice

It really is just unbelievable that none of these guys learned from Jets history you can't buy love. 99% of free agents who break the bank at their respective position are just mercenaries. Or the guys traded for huge packages. OBJ, Mack, ?

Its always better to be solid & have depth, the Patriots proved it for 20 years.  Just look at the guys they let go or traded. Hell, they traded Bledsoe in their own Division, how cold blooded is that? Lol. Joe Douglas looks to have a script he learned from Ozzie & in Philly. That script should always be value. You just can't chase the shiniest free agent every year like the Jets always do. The best teams always start with the QB, and drafting well.