80's "I need fantasy assistance" thread

Jetsfan80

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

No its not, he was used a lot more than I thought he would be in Week 1 and he was able to use his straightline speed a ton (which is of course was unaffected by the injuries he's recovering from). 

Still, its a marathon, not a sprint.  This offense is going to be sh*t with Zach and that will cap his upside a good bit.

Like it was last year?

28 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I could have started Tyreek and left the entire rest of my lineup empty and I still would have beat my opponent by 21 points 

I had Tyreek.  I was up big with a 98% chance of victory.  He had the Cowboy D and by Monday morning I think I was at about 27% chance of victory with Zuerlein left to play.  I ended up in a dead tie.  To the tenth of a point.  I would have won if they let him kick the XP after Gipson's TD or they called that leg whip begged for by those idiots on TV.  Oh well, at least I am still undefeated!

Meanwhile, I started Jamaal Williams and Jahmyr Gibbs over Breece Hall and Tyler Algeier.  About 20 seconds into the game I regretted not starting Hall, but the Fantasy Geeks still say I should start Williams and Gibbs.  Hell they also said I should start Javonte Williams over him.  Now I am a little torn.  I know those guys are idiots, but I don't want to jinx him and I'd rather he goes for 40 on my bench then 7 in my lineup and I couldn't forgive myself if he got hurt again.

6 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I had Tyreek.  I was up big with a 98% chance of victory.  He had the Cowboy D and by Monday morning I think I was at about 27% chance of victory with Zuerlein left to play.  I ended up in a dead tie.  To the tenth of a point.  I would have won if they let him kick the XP after Gipson's TD or they called that leg whip begged for by those idiots on TV.  Oh well, at least I am still undefeated!

Meanwhile, I started Jamaal Williams and Jahmyr Gibbs over Breece Hall and Tyler Algeier.  About 20 seconds into the game I regretted not starting Hall, but the Fantasy Geeks still say I should start Williams and Gibbs.  Hell they also said I should start Javonte Williams over him.  Now I am a little torn.  I know those guys are idiots, but I don't want to jinx him and I'd rather he goes for 40 on my bench then 7 in my lineup and I couldn't forgive myself if he got hurt again.

My story. In my main league, Kelce ruled out last week. F*ck. I’m playing the defending champ week one. Tyler Conklin or just-picked-up Taysom Hill in relief. I have Conklin in all week and last minute I decide to start Hill. 1.4 points for Taysom. 

Entering MNF, I’m down 18 points with Garrett Wilson and Quinnen Williams to go. It’s looking bleak late in the fourth quarter, but all of a sudden Garrett catches a touchdown and Quinnen promptly recovers a Josh Allen fumble, so a quick ten points to put me right back in it.

I wind up winning by .35 points.

Taysom Hill - 1.4 points (more points from tackling than receiving)

Tyler Conklin - 0.7 points 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, PS17 said:

My story. In my main league, Kelce ruled out last week. F*ck. I’m playing the defending champ week one. Tyler Conklin or just-picked-up Taysom Hill in relief. I have Conklin in all week and last minute I decide to start Hill. 1.4 points for Taysom. 

Entering MNF, I’m down 18 points with Garrett Wilson and Quinnen Williams to go. It’s looking bleak late in the fourth quarter, but all of a sudden Garrett catches a touchdown and Quinnen promptly recovers a Josh Allen fumble, so a quick ten points to put me right back in it.

I wind up winning by .35 points.

Taysom Hill - 1.4 points (more points from tackling than receiving)

Tyler Conklin - 0.7 points 

I am in pretty good shape so far.  Up 14-7.  I had the Philly D vs Mattison, AJ and Goedert.

32 minutes ago, jgb said:

QB woes… my team…

Dak v. Jets

Stafford v Niners

Jimmy G v. Buffalo

**** me.

Oof.  Not one of them even is really capable of giving you a rushing floor.  Totally dependent on them not f**king up from the pocket in tough matchups.

I’d go Dak but it’s likely headed for disaster no matter who you choose…

• Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

I need one today: Javonte Williams, Isaiah Pacheco or Tyler Allgeier?

@Paradis @jgb

@#27TheDominator

@Jetsfan80 @PS17

Tough one!  I’m gonna use process of elimination to at least make the choice easier.  Remove Allgeier from the equation.  The Falcons didn’t draft Bijan that high only to let him get out-touched like he did in Week 1.  

Arthur Smith is weird and the GB defense is weak so he may well split touches again I just wouldn’t want to count on it working out for Allgeier consistently.  

So that leads to a bit of a coin flip between Javonte and Pacheco.  I’m leaning Javonte because he got a lot more touches than I thought he would Week 1.  But KC’s offense should bounce back in a big way and Pacheco should benefit from that.  He’s also catching more passes than originally projected, as I expected.  

So either seen like great options to me.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oof.  Not one of them even is really capable of giving you a rushing floor.  Totally dependent on them not f**king up from the pocket in tough matchups.

I’d go Dak but it’s likely headed for disaster no matter who you choose…

When in doubt you play your stud. Which would be Dak. This league is brutal. Zero, count zero, starters on the waiver. Someone blew a huge chunk of their FAAB to get Zach off waivers which neatly demonstrates what I’m up against. I had to trade away Olave last season to get Dak. Such is the paucity of waiver options.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

QB woes… my team…

Dak v. Jets

Stafford v Niners

Jimmy G v. Buffalo

**** me.

Dak is going to get destroyed today, I wouldnt start him and I dont trust Jimmy G.

Honestly, I'd go Stafford.  He's not someone that San Fran completely shuts down...he's not going to  go bonkers for 300 and multiple TD's but I think he's the least likely to give a less then 10pts performance, which those other 2 are entirely capable of in those match ups. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I need one today: Javonte Williams, Isaiah Pacheco or Tyler Allgeier?

@Paradis @jgb

@#27TheDominator

@Jetsfan80 @PS17

I’d prob go Williams but it’s not a no brainer. Just got a feeling the Denver game will be a slugfest and tight.

Worried Pacheco could get game scripted out of a potential shootout and Bijan will eventually take control of Atlanta’s backfield. Might be this week, might be next month but it’s gonna happen.

Good luck though. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Dak is going to get destroyed today, I wouldnt start him and I dont trust Jimmy G.

Honestly, I'd go Stafford.  He's not someone that San Fran completely shuts down...he's not going to  go bonkers for 300 and multiple TD's but I think he's the least likely to give a less then 10pts performance, which those other 2 are entirely capable of in those match ups. 

Yeah I was toying with Stafford. Would be such an against-the-grain move and I am a bit of a contrarian (shocked?)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Yeah I was toying with Stafford. Would be such an against-the-grain move and I am a bit of a contrarian (shocked?)

I will probably go Jimmy G though. At least use him once before his leg bones disintegrate into powder around week 5 lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tough one!  I’m gonna use process of elimination to at least make the choice easier.  Remove Allgeier from the equation.  The Falcons didn’t draft Bijan that high only to let him get out-touched like he did in Week 1.  

Arthur Smith is weird and the GB defense is weak so he may well split touches again I just wouldn’t want to count on it working out for Allgeier consistently.  

So that leads to a bit of a coin flip between Javonte and Pacheco.  I’m leaning Javonte because he got a lot more touches than I thought he would Week 1.  But KC’s offense should bounce back in a big way and Pacheco should benefit from that.  He’s also catching more passes than originally projected, as I expected.  

So either seen like great options to me.  

I've got Javonte in as of now.  Been leaning him for the reason you stated, didnt see him getting that many touches week 1 and he also had like 6 targets too, so I think Payton is trying to get him the ball in different ways.  

I dont trust KC's offense right now, just dont know who is getting the ball.  Pacheco played great last week, they didnt give him the ball, it was weird. Kelce back?  Probably reduces his looks in the passing game I would think.  Feel like I need that situation to work its self out before I trust it, same w/ Atlanta though I'm a little more bullish on Allgeier's usage.  I think he's extremely underrated and is a bruiser who gets better as the game goes on, the Falcons will lead the league in rushing attempts, I think they both get 12-15 attempts a game, w/ Allgeier dominating the goalline but still, just dont trust it yet but I'm scared he's going to be my leading rusher on the bench again.  lol 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

I've got Javonte in as of now.  Been leaning him for the reason you stated, didnt see him getting that many touches week 1 and he also had like 6 targets too, so I think Payton is trying to get him the ball in different ways.  

I dont trust KC's offense right now, just dont know who is getting the ball.  Pacheco played great last week, they didnt give him the ball, it was weird. Kelce back?  Probably reduces his looks in the passing game I would think.  Feel like I need that situation to work its self out before I trust it, same w/ Atlanta though I'm a little more bullish on Allgeier's usage.  I think he's extremely underrated and is a bruiser who gets better as the game goes on, the Falcons will lead the league in rushing attempts, I think they both get 12-15 attempts a game, w/ Allgeier dominating the goalline but still, just dont trust it yet but I'm scared he's going to be my leading rusher on the bench again.  lol 

Williams has the highest touch floor. Pacheco probably has highest point ceiling. Part of it may come down to if you need safe points or big points to secure a win.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

I will probably go Jimmy G though. At least use him once before his leg bones disintegrate into powder around week 5 lol

I just think the Rams are going to have to play catch up a bit and I think Lil Mikey knows San Fran well enough to get Stafford in a rhythm.  I dont hate Jimmy G. though, Bills are overrated. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I just think the Rams are going to have to play catch up a bit and I think Lil Mikey knows San Fran well enough to get Stafford in a rhythm.  I dont hate Jimmy G. though, Bills are overrated. 

Jimmy has the 6th highest career QB rating in NFL history. He’s not a big numbers guy but he is efficient and as you say Bills overrated. Basically I’d be betting on Adams taking a long one to the house. Stafford scares me, haven’t quite got over last year when he was my QB1. And with his boo on IR, he definitely has a high clunker risk 

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

You should consider trading Allgeier to the Bijan owner while the getting is good 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Williams has the highest touch floor. Pacheco probably has highest point ceiling. Part of it may come down to if you need safe points or big points to secure a win.

I just read the Edwards-Helaire is questionable w/ an illness.

That could change things...he had 7 touches last week that could all go to Pacheco. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Jimmy has the 6th highest career QB rating in NFL history. He’s not a big numbers guy but he is efficient and as you say Bills overrated. Basically I’d be betting on Adams taking a long one to the house. Stafford scares me, haven’t quite got over last year when he was my QB1. And with his boo on IR, he definitely has a high clunker risk 

lol - I know that feeling and I understand the logic here.  Again, I'm thinking about junk time/familiarity w/ each other/and a little bit playing the odds that Stafford wont go 2 weeks w/out a TD but we are pulling hairs.  I dont like Dak, that's for sure.  lol ...and now I'm sure he'll go mental.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I just read the Edwards-Helaire is questionable w/ an illness.

That could change things...he had 7 touches last week that could all go to Pacheco. 

Oh that does change things if Pacheco is uncontested for touches chasing the upside becomes more attractive 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

lol - I know that feeling and I understand the logic here.  Again, I'm thinking about junk time/familiarity w/ each other/and a little bit playing the odds that Stafford wont go 2 weeks w/out a TD but we are pulling hairs.  I dont like Dak, that's for sure.  lol ...and now I'm sure he'll go mental.

Yeah I’ve basically decided no Dak. Another benefit of Jimmy is he plays at 1 so I can watch that game before my flight to Munich at 4:30. Sure it’s not a good reason but with coin tosses, all reasons are valid 😂 

• Upvote 1

B028B599-322C-4F7D-86CC-9D2CE07DFB3E.thumb.png.16289593c69246960a4257d009ebb385.png

Yeah I forgot to move AJ Brown out of the flex, bush league mistake.

My opponent spent the last couple years hoarding draft capital for 2023 and had the first 5 picks in the rookie draft and now is actually dangerous after being the annual whipping boy for years (He also has JSN on his bench, as of now).