80's "I need fantasy assistance" thread

Jetsfan80

On 6/15/2023 at 9:09 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Just making sure.  As a rule I’m usually leery about keeping RBs, and Belichick in particular has a history of f**king with fantasy owners at the RB position, lol.  

I would keep him at a 4th.   Zeke signing doesn’t make much sense for NE.  He will vulture some TDs but Stevenson is a heck of a player.   

If you want a RB that I believe is better than the guy ahead of him on the depth chart…?  I am a BIG fan of Ty Chandler and think he will take the job from Mattison at some point.  Mattison is a total JAG.

I also like Jaylen Warren.  Najee is pretty good when 100%, but so is Warren.  He will get some touches every week and could become a monster if Najee is injured.  

Rookie WRs are way more miss than hit.  If I do draft one, it is going to be Zay Flowers.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@RoadFan @JiF 

Any change to the calculus with the Zeke addition?  Zeke is toast as toast gets but this will of course impact Rhamondre's perceived draft day value.  He doesn't move down on my board much at all but I now think I can draft him in the 4th, if not later.

Thoughts?

I just have a weird feeling Zeke and BB are not going to jive, so I would keep Stevenson. 

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

I just have a weird feeling Zeke and BB are not going to jive, so I would keep Stevenson. 

I definitely think you're right, I'm just also trying to think about what my league mates are projecting Stevenson to do.  I have a feeling Rhamondre falls to the 5th now, which would be stupid and I would scoop him up regardless.

I probably should just play it safe and keep him, but in a 10-team league....I dunno.

54 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@RoadFan @JiF 

Any change to the calculus with the Zeke addition?  Zeke is toast as toast gets but this will of course impact Rhamondre's perceived draft day value.  He doesn't move down on my board much at all but I now think I can draft him in the 4th, if not later.

Thoughts?

does BB give zeke the goal line carries?

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I definitely think you're right, I'm just also trying to think about what my league mates are projecting Stevenson to do.  I have a feeling Rhamondre falls to the 5th now, which would be stupid and I would scoop him up regardless.

I probably should just play it safe and keep him, but in a 10-team league....I dunno.

Well, a 10 man league changes things a bit, might have missed that, lol but still, I just think it gives you a ton of flexibility knowing you have him guaranteed in the 4th.  Like, I'd probably take 2 stud WR's and then be flexible in the 3rd.  If I were you, I'd probably take 3 straight WR's and look at the 5th for my RB2.  

However I ironically just did one of those mocks, picking 8 in a 12 and my draft went like this; Diggs, St.Brown, Cooper, Pierce, Swift, Pittman, Herbert.  That said, I'm big on 3 stud WR's.  I just think they're easier to project year over year. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Calling on my fellow fantasy degens. @Jetsfan80 @Dcat @Paradis @JiF @Lurker89 @Barry McCockinner @RoadFan

Doing a best ball draft on Underdog today with some buddies. Have 4/6 spots filled. $25 a head. 3pm draft today. DM me if you’re interested and I’ll send you an invite link. 

Would love to but I'd be murdered in my sleep by my wife and rightfully so ....every year shes ask for there to be less and every year there is more...

iC1ukZ.gif.37e9ccf0c8e256e44926035b9ff2f484.gif

3 hours ago, PS17 said:

Calling on my fellow fantasy degens. @Jetsfan80 @Dcat @Paradis @JiF @Lurker89 @Barry McCockinner @RoadFan

Doing a best ball draft on Underdog today with some buddies. Have 4/6 spots filled. $25 a head. 3pm draft today. DM me if you’re interested and I’ll send you an invite link. 

Appreciate the offer.  I caught this too late.  

Good luck…

@Jetsfan80 @Dcat @Paradis @JiF @Lurker89 @Barry McCockinner @RoadFan @PS17

I'm in a bit of a panic mode at the moment with 3 days until my league drafts.  Here's the situation:

• I went ahead and locked in Rhamondre Stevens as my keeper, for whom I will surrender a 4th round pick.  My decision was made easier by the knowledge I'm likely ending up with the top choice in where my pick slot falls, and of course I'll choose pick # 1 so that Rhamondre ends up as a LATE 4th rounder (pick # 40, at latest).
  • My choices for the # 1 overall pick are currently dwindling.  Ja'Marr Chase was kept and I expect Justin Jefferson to be kept as well.  Cooper Kupp just suffered a hamstring injury which pushes him down my board.  I was hoping to grab a WR at the top but I now no longer like the options available to me at # 1 
  • That leaves the following as my top choices at # 1 overall:

1. Kelce
  2. Bijan
  3. Ekeler
  4. Tyreek Hill
  5. Diggs

I really do not want to push Tyreek up my board and grab him because I have significant concerns about the QB situation in Miami, and I also just plain don't like him, lol.  Diggs would be a nice safe choice but in my experience you don't win fantasy titles like that.  Plus there was the whole offseason weirdness between him and the Bills.   And no, I don't have CMC in my current top 5:  He's too high of an injury risk and there's so much competition for targets there; he's on my fade list.

So what do I do?  Grab Kelce or pair Rhamondre with one of the 2 RBs? 

Reminder:  10-team league, 0.5 PPR.

Hmmmm....what WR's would be available when you come back around?  

I'm leaning toward Ekeler or Kelce.

If you look at winning week to week, which you should, those 2 guys are the biggest tilts.  Kelce might be the biggest tilt per position in FF, so it's hard to pass on him but Ekeler might leads all non-QB's in points, so there is that to think about as well. 

@Jetsfan80

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

Hmmmm....what WR's would be available when you come back around?  

I'm leaning toward Ekeler or Kelce.

If you look at winning week to week, which you should, those 2 guys are the biggest tilts.  Kelce might be the biggest tilt per position in FF, so it's hard to pass on him but Ekeler might leads all non-QB's in points, so there is that to think about as well. 

@Jetsfan80

I like the way you're thinking here.  Only reason I'm at all hesitant to pull the trigger on Kelce is that I love Mark Andrews at the Rd 2-3 turn if he's there.  But I can't count on that.

Chargers will probably throw more than any team in the league this year and Ekeler will be a huge beneficiary, so I'd be pretty happy with him as well.  I have Bijan ahead of him only because I think he has similar "league-winning" potential but I might be a bit over-zealous there.

WRs that could make it back to me (if some of them aren't kept) at the Rd 2-3 turn:  Chris Olave, Jaylen Waddle, Tee Higgins, Devonta Smith, Calvin Ridley, Keenan Allen.

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I would still take kupp but Kelce is my second choice 

Can't do it on Kupp.  I of course still like him a lot but he's 30 now and I also have lingering concerns about Stafford's elbow and general toastiness from last season.  Too much risk there for a # 1 overall selection.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Jetsfan80 @Dcat @Paradis @JiF @Lurker89 @Barry McCockinner @RoadFan @PS17

I'm in a bit of a panic mode at the moment with 3 days until my league drafts.  Here's the situation:

• I went ahead and locked in Rhamondre Stevens as my keeper, for whom I will surrender a 4th round pick.  My decision was made easier by the knowledge I'm likely ending up with the top choice in where my pick slot falls, and of course I'll choose pick # 1 so that Rhamondre ends up as a LATE 4th rounder (pick # 40, at latest).
  • My choices for the # 1 overall pick are currently dwindling.  Ja'Marr Chase was kept and I expect Justin Jefferson to be kept as well.  Cooper Kupp just suffered a hamstring injury which pushes him down my board.  I was hoping to grab a WR at the top but I now no longer like the options available to me at # 1 
  • That leaves the following as my top choices at # 1 overall:

1. Kelce
  2. Bijan
  3. Ekeler
  4. Tyreek Hill
  5. Diggs

I really do not want to push Tyreek up my board and grab him because I have significant concerns about the QB situation in Miami, and I also just plain don't like him, lol.  Diggs would be a nice safe choice but in my experience you don't win fantasy titles like that.  Plus there was the whole offseason weirdness between him and the Bills.   And no, I don't have CMC in my current top 5:  He's too high of an injury risk and there's so much competition for targets there; he's on my fade list.

So what do I do?  Grab Kelce or pair Rhamondre with one of the 2 RBs? 

Reminder:  10-team league, 0.5 PPR.

Consider hiw low a draft slot would get you each of them. I can't estimate b/c I dont know all the keepers that are off the board. 

For a keeper league, I love Bijan. What slot would you need? Ekeler and Kelce are sweet as well. Why do you need overall #1?  Take a later slot as long as you know you're getting one of those 3. Im not a Hill guy. Bijan ekeler and kelce all have more value than diggs IMO.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Consider hiw low a draft slot would get you each of them. I can't estimate b/c I dont know all the keepers that are off the board. 

For a keeper league, I love Bijan. What slot would you need? Ekeler and Kelce are sweet as well. Why do you need overall #1?  Take a later slot as long as you know you're getting one of those 3. Im not a Hill guy. Bijan ekeler and kelce all have more value than diggs IMO.

Because I'm keeping Rhamondre for a 4.  Thus, I want to get maximum value out of that keeper.  An early 1 means a late 4, so if I get the # 1 overall I also get Rhamondre for # 40 overall, rather than, say, the mid-30s.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I like the way you're thinking here.  Only reason I'm at all hesitant to pull the trigger on Kelce is that I love Mark Andrews at the Rd 2-3 turn if he's there.  But I can't count on that.

Chargers will probably throw more than any team in the league this year and Ekeler will be a huge beneficiary, so I'd be pretty happy with him as well.  I have Bijan ahead of him only because I think he has similar "league-winning" potential but I might be a bit over-zealous there.

WRs that could make it back to me (if some of them aren't kept) at the Rd 2-3 turn:  Chris Olave, Jaylen Waddle, Tee Higgins, Devonta Smith, Calvin Ridley, Keenan Allen.

Can't do it on Kupp.  I of course still like him a lot but he's 30 now and I also have lingering concerns about Stafford's elbow and general toastiness from last season.  Too much risk there for a # 1 overall selection.

It’s Ekeler or Kelce.  

I can offer some other thoughts?

Timeshare backs that could win the job outright or have monster season with an injury:

I loveeee Ty Chandler in the middle rounds and believe wholeheartedly that he is better than Mattison.  It might take 4-6 weeks, but a strong chance that TC will take over the majority timeshare at some point.

I like Jaylen Warren a lot too, but don’t think he is clearly better than Najee.  He might be, but they are different and will both play a role.   

Bigsby is not an elite athlete; but a versatile timeshare guy that has stand alone committee value because of his different style than Etienne. 

Double check the status of Mark Andrews on the day of the draft.  He has been mysteriously missing practice. 

Some rookie thoughts?  If you can only keep one player, it is probably best not to invest heavily in rookies… that said…  

Zay Flowers is my #1 ranked rookie WR.  

Jayden Reed has lots of competition for targets but he is a feisty bastard and the NFCN has bad defenses.  

Trey Palmer late.  He has won a starting job in Tampa for 11-personnel.  The scouts missed on him.  Should have been drafted in round 3 or 4, imo.    

Another Buc late? Sean Tucker.  Yeah, I know Blowes is the coach and it is a bad team.   They also play in a bad division.  

Jalin Hyatt will be a Robbie Anderson/Will Fuller type to start his career… but he has the ability to become a true #1 for a club with a collection of JAGs.

Saints, Steelers and Ravens defenses are good targets.

the WRs that always produce but are passed over for younger and more interesting players;  Lockett and Cooks

If you miss on the better TEs and get stuck with a guy like Everett and want to take a flier in the last round;  Cole Turner.

I know people hate kickers, but if your league has them and they score a lot of points… draft Justin fn’ Tucker a round or two earlier than he usually goes.  No paying waiver wire fees for streaming Ks, no worrying about weather and/or the opponent… just put him in the lineup and watch him drill FGs from 50+ regularly.  He will hit one from 60 at some point too.(Currently, my favorite player in the NFL btw)

• Post of the Week 1

50 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

It’s Ekeler or Kelce.  

I can offer some other thoughts?

Timeshare backs that could win the job outright or have monster season with an injury:

I loveeee Ty Chandler in the middle rounds and believe wholeheartedly that he is better than Mattison.  It might take 4-6 weeks, but a strong chance that TC will take over the majority timeshare at some point.

I like Jaylen Warren a lot too, but don’t think he is clearly better than Najee.  He might be, but they are different and will both play a role.   

Bigsby is not an elite athlete; but a versatile timeshare guy that has stand alone committee value because of his different style than Etienne. 

Double check the status of Mark Andrews on the day of the draft.  He has been mysteriously missing practice. 

Some rookie thoughts?  If you can only keep one player, it is probably best not to invest heavily in rookies… that said…  

Zay Flowers is my #1 ranked rookie WR.  

Jayden Reed has lots of competition for targets but he is a feisty bastard and the NFCN has bad defenses.  

Trey Palmer late.  He has won a starting job in Tampa for 11-personnel.  The scouts missed on him.  Should have been drafted in round 3 or 4, imo.    

Another Buc late? Sean Tucker.  Yeah, I know Blowes is the coach and it is a bad team.   They also play in a bad division.  

Jalin Hyatt will be a Robbie Anderson/Will Fuller type to start his career… but he has the ability to become a true #1 for a club with a collection of JAGs.

Saints, Steelers and Ravens defenses are good targets.

the WRs that always produce but are passed over for younger and more interesting players;  Lockett and Cooks

If you miss on the better TEs and get stuck with a guy like Everett and want to take a flier in the last round;  Cole Turner.

I know people hate kickers, but if your league has them and they score a lot of points… draft Justin fn’ Tucker a round or two earlier than he usually goes.  No paying waiver wire fees for streaming Ks, no worrying about weather and/or the opponent… just put him in the lineup and watch him drill FGs from 50+ regularly.  He will hit one from 60 at some point too.(Currently, my favorite player in the NFL btw)

I actually have Zay and Chandler much higher on my board vs ADP because you had been talking them up in other threads!  lol.  Already loved Jaylen Warren and hated Najee so all set there….

Really hope there’s nothing up with Andrews because I hope to take him at the Rd 2/3 turn if I opt for Ekeler….

Thanks!!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I actually have Zay and Chandler much higher on my board vs ADP because you had been talking them up in other threads!  lol.  Already loved Jaylen Warren and hated Najee so all set there….

Really hope there’s nothing up with Andrews because I hope to take him at the Rd 2/3 turn if I opt for Ekeler….

Thanks!!

You know about twitter (X)   @32beatwriters

Right?  

@Jetsfan80 I have a deep loin lust for Garrett Wilson in my dynasty league (14 teams, PPR, 2WRs, 2 FLEX WR eligible). Here's my keepers, any advice on a trade package? He only kept 4 guys so his needs are currently irrelevant. Our draft is tomorrow so things will change.

1. (11) Dak Prescott  (Dal - QB)
2. (25) Breece Hall  (NYJ - RB)
3. (39) Matthew Stafford  (LAR - QB)
4. (53) Jerome Ford  (Cle - RB)
5. (67) Drake London  (Atl - WR)
6. (81) David Njoku  (Cle - TE)
7. (95) Joe Mixon  (Cin - RB)
8. (109) Christian Watson  (GB - WR)
9. (123) Cole Kmet  (Chi - TE)
10. (137) Kenneth Walker III  (Sea - RB)
11. (151) A.J. Brown  (Phi - WR)
12. (165) Rashaad Penny  (Phi - RB)
13. (179) Buffalo  (Buf - DEF)

27 minutes ago, jgb said:

@Jetsfan80 I have a deep loin lust for Garrett Wilson in my dynasty league (14 teams, PPR, 2WRs, 2 FLEX WR eligible). Here's my keepers, any advice on a trade package? He only kept 4 guys so his needs are currently irrelevant. Our draft is tomorrow so things will change.

1. (11) Dak Prescott  (Dal - QB)
2. (25) Breece Hall  (NYJ - RB)
3. (39) Matthew Stafford  (LAR - QB)
4. (53) Jerome Ford  (Cle - RB)
5. (67) Drake London  (Atl - WR)
6. (81) David Njoku  (Cle - TE)
7. (95) Joe Mixon  (Cin - RB)
8. (109) Christian Watson  (GB - WR)
9. (123) Cole Kmet  (Chi - TE)
10. (137) Kenneth Walker III  (Sea - RB)
11. (151) A.J. Brown  (Phi - WR)
12. (165) Rashaad Penny  (Phi - RB)
13. (179) Buffalo  (Buf - DEF)

Is he a Jets fan?  If so maybe a package headlined by Breece?  There’s no guarantee we’ll ever see the Breece of last year any time soon after all….