80's "I need fantasy assistance" thread

Jetsfan80

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Quick Question, which defense to start week 1?

Ravens D vs the Texans, or Eagles D vs New England?

I drafted Ravens D for the Week 1 matchup, so naturally I’m recommending Baltimore.  Even if Stroud is the goods their offense looks putrid and he won’t show it Week 1 on the road…. 

Meanwhile the Ravens were top 5 in Sacks last season.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, chirorob said:

My happy little team.

Screenshot_20230907-095529_Fantasy.jpg

How many teams in this league and can I get a spot next year?

How in the world can a league let you draft CMC, Herbert, Adams, Chubb, and AJ Brown?  Those are all 1st/2nd round picks in my league (Herbert arguably a 3rd rounder).

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, nycdan said:

How many teams in this league and can I get a spot next year?

How in the world can a league let you draft CMC, Herbert, Adams, Chubb, and AJ Brown?  Those are all 1st/2nd round picks in my league (Herbert arguably a 3rd rounder).

Only 8 teams, so it looks better than it is.   Just a family league, so if you want in you have to marry my brother in law, Lance.  (He's not bad looking, decent job).

My Draft, round by round   

CMC  (#4 Overall)

AJ Brown

Chubb

Davante

Herbert

Amon Ra

Kittle

Kennan Allen

Breece Hall

Alexander Mattison

Evan McPherson

Eagles

David Njoku

Drake London

Jordan Love

Ravens D

• Haha 2

On 9/6/2023 at 10:32 AM, JiF said:

I’m in a 12 man, 3 WR and a flex league and we play 3 IDPs..  Was picking 10.  Planned on going WR back to back and playing the no QB strategy.  Ended up having to go Lamb/Henry but feel like I stacked a good team before taking Cousins way late at my QB.

Thoughts?  The bench is weak, but that is always the case in this league so I’m not concerned:

2C374FD8-9FF4-4DD9-B75E-D8F68787A500.thumb.png.1eb616480da76bfd2ddbe4eab65fa46a.png4132DDAB-3525-48CF-A81E-E5C40A27CCC8.thumb.png.b4e86875d4541afd338011b8b9ed2be2.png

On 9/6/2023 at 10:58 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Pacheco is going to catch more passes than people think, even with McKinnon around

Team-leading 4 catches on 4 targets.  

Think About It GIF by Identity

• Upvote 1

On 9/4/2023 at 4:10 PM, RoadFan said:

The only question mark for me is whether Quentin Johnston is worth a roster spot over some of the waiver wire guys?  Personally, I would rather have a handful of them over QJ.   Is it possible to keep him with a 10th or something next season?

A league mate dropped Achane earlier in the week so I just picked him up while dropping Johnston.

RB is the scarcer position of course so I prefer having 6 backs / 5 WRs rather than the alternative.

Rhamondre, Akers, Swift, Gainwell, McKinnon and Achane is my stable of backs now.  Though McKinnon’s lack of usage last night even with Kelce out puts him firmly on the hot seat for me already.  Ty Chandler or your other guy Sean Tucker may end up replacing him before long.  

my team laid an egg yesterday and I'm up 11 going into MNF w/Jets D vs. Allen & Diggs. 

I've never done this before but think I'm going to sit the Jets D to guarantee the #1 waiver spot. I guess it's possible the Jets D is completely dominant and these guys don't do anything?

wwyd?

@JiF @Barry McCockinner @PS17 @nycdan @Paradis @RoadFan @Dcat @jgb @Lurker89

• Upvote 1

Our league doesn't use record for waivers position until after Week 3.  Until then it's FCFS.  Is there one guy on the wire you really want?  If not, then why do it?

I have the opposite problem.  I'm down around 24 pts with Breece and NYJ D going into tonight.  Not looking good unless the Jets D pulls a DAL performance.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

my team laid an egg yesterday and I'm up 11 going into MNF w/Jets D vs. Allen & Diggs. 

I've never done this before but think I'm going to sit the Jets D to guarantee the #1 waiver spot. I guess it's possible the Jets D is completely dominant and these guys don't do anything?

wwyd?

I always go for the win, especially this early in the year. You don’t wanna be too clever by half and miss the dance by one win. I say play your best team let the chips fall where they may. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

wwyd?

Would your leaguemates consider this unethical? In my long standing league you have to start active players or you’re put on probation. I agree with jgb; I’d go for the win. It wouldn’t be the craziest thing for you pull it off tonight. Jets D tees off on Allen who commits a few turnovers, the CBs shut down Diggs. I’d give it a 10-20 percent chance of happening.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Our league doesn't use record for waivers position until after Week 3.  Until then it's FCFS.  Is there one guy on the wire you really want?  If not, then why do it?

I have the opposite problem.  I'm down around 24 pts with Breece and NYJ D going into tonight.  Not looking good unless the Jets D pulls a DAL performance.

haven't done a full analysis yet but one of the Ravens RB's or the Rams WR would help - especially if Deionte Johnson is missing significant time.

4 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Would your leaguemates consider this unethical? In my long standing league you have to start active players or you’re put on probation. I agree with jgb; I’d go for the win. It wouldn’t be the craziest thing for you pull it off tonight. Jets D tees off on Allen who commits a few turnovers, the CBs shut down Diggs. I’d give it a 10-20 percent chance of happening.

I don't know that it has ever come up tbh. hard to imagine Josh Allen not at least putting up rushing stats to get to around 20

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

wwyd?

Both of my teams were horrible yesterday.  I only had 1 player with a really good day, Aiyuk.   Flowers was promising…

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

Both of my teams were horrible yesterday.  I only had 1 player with a really good day, Aiyuk.   Flowers was promising…

I think yesterday might have been a historically bad fantasy day. So many clunker scores across my leagues. Only one owner had a huge boom week, with McCaffrey, Tyreek, Aaron Jones, Josh Allen, etc. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

I think yesterday might have been a historically bad fantasy day. So many clunker scores across my leagues. Only one owner had a huge boom week, with McCaffrey, Tyreek, Aaron Jones, Josh Allen, etc. 

Lots of defenses had very good days.  Sloppiest week 1 offensive performances I can ever remember…

2 hours ago, PS17 said:

I had a decent week, was winning, and then ran into the Dallas D.

Now up by 5, going against S Diggs and T Bass.   I'm thinking that's a big L

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

wwyd?

I remember those days when you had to worry about where you would be in the waiver priority based on weekly standings.  Ditched that many years ago.  I strongly recommend faab instead of waiver priority to reverse standings.  Night and day better.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

wwyd?

The fantasy gods will not be pleased with this.  Don't sit them.  

Waiver spot is overrated, even entering Week 2.  Don't overreact to anything that happened Week 1.

22 hours ago, nycdan said:

Well f*ck.  I won.  Once Breece tore off that 80 yard run in the 1st quarter it was already close.  Then Jordan Whitehead polished off the win.  I'd trade it back for a healthy Rodgers but at least there was that.

Thankfully, I stuck to my guns and kept Breece in my lineup instead of swapping in Jamaal Williams.  I actually think Breece is going to be an absolute monster this year barring any setbacks.  

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Sooo I was with you on the breece fade @Jetsfan80 but it's not looking great so far 😬

No its not, he was used a lot more than I thought he would be in Week 1 and he was able to use his straightline speed a ton (which is of course was unaffected by the injuries he's recovering from). 

Still, its a marathon, not a sprint.  This offense is going to be sh*t with Zach and that will cap his upside a good bit.

It's still a good policy to fade any RB the year coming off his particular injury mix based on the data we have available to us currently.  Maybe that will start to shift as treatment for the injury gets better and better.