80's "I need fantasy assistance" thread

Jetsfan80

13 hours ago, JiF said:

I think Warren could pass Harris and I think Johnson is the player that stands to have the biggest bounce back season for possibly any player in FF. 

He has been a colossal disappointment for quite some time.  I'll take Dotson over him in a heartbeat.

22 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He has been a colossal disappointment for quite some time.  I'll take Dotson over him in a heartbeat.

Quite sometime?  In a PPR?  Idk about that, I had him 2 years ago, caught 110 balls for 1k and 8 TDs, what more do you want?  I’m not sure he returns to 100+ catches but 0 TDs again?   Just on that alone he stands to improve.  I will stick with my original point.  I like Dotson, I just don’t like the Commanders and they have a lot of mouths to feed too. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

Warren and Charbonnet will each dig into their #1's numbers (Harris and Walker).  

I just don't know about that.  Both Tomlin and Carroll are notorious for riding one back at a time.  Maybe this is finally the year they start to incorporate more of a 70/30-ish split or more for their lead back, but I'll believe it when I see it.  I think Warren and Charbonnet are basically really high-end handcuffs. 

I'm avoiding Harris because he sucks, NOT simply because of the presence of Warren.  I'm targeting Warren for sure.  As for Walker and Charbonnet....I'll take either or both. 

20 hours ago, JiF said:

I think Warren could pass Harris and I think Johnson is the player that stands to have the biggest bounce back season for possibly any player in FF. 

I would probably chill.

I agree that Diontae Johnson will have a better season.  Somehow, he didn’t score a single TD last year. 

The issue is that even if we give him 6 TDs in 2023 with the same yardage and receptions, Diontae still only finishes as a low-end WR #2.  

5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I agree that Diontae Johnson will have a better season.  Somehow, he didn’t score a single TD last year. 

The issue is that even if we give him 6 TDs in 2023 with the same yardage and receptions, Diontae still only finishes as a low-end WR #2.  

He’s being drafted as ~ WR30 so that still makes him a value play. 

34 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

But that’s the point.  He’s being drafted as WR3/4 and that’s crazy value. 

• Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

OK. He could, sure. He's more likely to end up in the 10 range which would make it a sh*t pick. But if he hits his absolute peak you got even value by taking a big risk. Seems silly but whatever.

Yep, not a pick id be making but I get the excitement.  If you have no control over your pick slot and want to go get your guy….do it, but logically, no, not a smart pick.  

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I just don't know about that.  Both Tomlin and Carroll are notorious for riding one back at a time.  Maybe this is finally the year they start to incorporate more of a 70/30-ish split or more for their lead back, but I'll believe it when I see it.  I think Warren and Charbonnet are basically really high-end handcuffs. 

I'm avoiding Harris because he sucks, NOT simply because of the presence of Warren.  I'm targeting Warren for sure.  As for Walker and Charbonnet....I'll take either or both. 

Carroll likes to mix it up but maybe because Carson was always injured every year. He'll use both.  Tomliin is interesting.  But all the Steeler beat guys are saying Warren gets a boatload of time and perhaps more as the season progresses. .  I hae zero plans to draft Harris. But I would draft Warren.  On the other hand, I'd be happier with Walker.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

Carroll likes to mix it up but maybe because Carson was always injured every year. He'll use both.  Tomliin is interesting.  But all the Steeler beat guys are saying Warren gets a boatload of time and perhaps more as the season progresses. .  I hae zero plans to draft Harris. But I would draft Warren.  On the other hand, I'd be happier with Walker.

There’s definitely value to be found in murky backfield situations like Seattle’s.  The ADP of both Walker and Charbonnet is depressed at this point to where both are values.  Somewhat like the Philly and Washington backfields. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There’s definitely value to be found in murky backfield situations like Seattle’s.  The ADP of both Walker and Charbonnet is depressed at this point to where both are values.  Somewhat like the Philly and Washington backfields. 

Penny is a guy I’m buying in all leagues. He is cheap but has lead the league in YPC over the last 3 year period and now is going to the #1 run blocking team in football. Sure his health is a giant concern but if you get RB2 production from him for half a season it’s a giant return at his ADP.

@JiF @Barry McCockinner @PS17 @nycdan @Paradis @RoadFan @Dcat @jgb @Lurker89

Just wrapped up my big $$$ draft.  Here's how I did!

(Reminder:  0.5 pt PPR, 10 teams, 1 QB / 2 WR / 2 RB / 1 TE / 1 FLEX / D & K / 7 Bench / 1 IR Spot)

• 1.1:  WR Justin Jefferson, MIN
  • 2.20:  TE Mark Andrews, BAL
  • 3.21:  WR Chris Olave, NO
  • 4.40:  RB Rhamondre Stevenson, NE
  • 5.41:  QB Lamar Jackson, BAL
  • 6.60:  WR Mike Williams, LAC
  • 7.61:  RB Cam Akers, LAR
  • 8.80:  RB D'Andre Swift, PHI
  • 9.81:  WR Jahan Dotson, WSH
  • 10.100:  WR Gabe Davis, BUF
  • 11.101:  QB Anthony Richardson, IND
  • 12.120:  WR Quentin Johnston, LAC
  • 12.121:  RB Jerick McKinnon, KC
  • 14.140:  RB Kenneth Gainwell, PHI
  • 15.141:  K Justin Tucker, BAL
  • 16.160:  D/ST Ravens

Roster

QB:  Lamar Jackson, Anthony Richardson

RB:  Rhamondre Stevenson, Cam Akers, D'Andre Swift, Jerick McKinnon, Kenneth Gainwell

WR:  Justin Jefferson, Chris Olave, Mike Williams, Jahan Dotson, Gabe Davis, Quentin Johnston

TE:  Mark Andrews

D/ST:  Ravens

K:  Justin Tucker

My list of best available FA's post-draft:

1. WR Rashod Bateman, BAL
  2. WR Nico Collins, HOU
  3. TE David Njoku, CLE
  4. TE Gerald Everett, LAC
  5. WR Zay Jones, JAX
  6. WR Marvin Mims, DEN
  7. QB Kirk Cousins, MIN
  8. QB Jared Goff, DET
  9. RB Tyjae Spears, TEN
  10. RB Tyler Allgeier, ATL
  11. RB Ty Chandler, MIN
  12. QB Daniel Jones, NYG
  13. WR Rashee Rice, KC
  14. WR Romeo Doubs, GB
  15. WR Jayden Reed, GB
  • Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@JiF @Barry McCockinner @PS17 @nycdan @Paradis @RoadFan @Dcat @jgb @Lurker89

Just wrapped up my big $$$ draft.  Here's how I did!

(Reminder:  0.5 pt PPR, 10 teams, 1 QB / 2 WR / 2 RB / 1 TE / 1 FLEX / D & K / 7 Bench / 1 IR Spot)

• 1.1:  WR Justin Jefferson, MIN
  • 2.20:  TE Mark Andrews, BAL
  • 3.21:  WR Chris Olave, NO
  • 4.40:  RB Rhamondre Stevenson, NE
  • 5.41:  QB Lamar Jackson, BAL
  • 6.60:  WR Mike Williams, LAC
  • 7.61:  RB Cam Akers, LAR
  • 8.80:  RB D'Andre Swift, PHI
  • 9.81:  WR Jahan Dotson, WSH
  • 10.100:  WR Gabe Davis, BUF
  • 11.101:  QB Anthony Richardson, IND
  • 12.120:  WR Quentin Johnston, LAC
  • 12.121:  RB Jerick McKinnon, KC
  • 14.140:  RB Kenneth Gainwell, PHI
  • 15.141:  K Justin Tucker, BAL
  • 16.160:  D/ST Ravens

QB:  Lamar Jackson, Anthony Richardson

RB:  Rhamondre Stevenson, Cam Akers, D'Andre Swift, Jerick McKinnon, Kenneth Gainwell

WR:  Justin Jefferson, Chris Olave, Mike Williams, Jahan Dotson, Gabe Davis, Quentin Johnston

TE:  Mark Andrews

D/ST:  Ravens

K:  Justin Tucker

My list of best available FA's post-draft:

1. WR Rashod Bateman, BAL
  2. WR Nico Collins, HOU
  3. TE David Njoku, CLE
  4. TE Gerald Everett, LAC
  5. WR Zay Jones, JAX
  6. WR Marvin Mims, DEN
  7. QB Kirk Cousins, MIN
  8. QB Jared Goff, DET
  9. RB Tyjae Spears, TEN
  10. RB Tyler Allgeier, ATL
  11. RB Ty Chandler, MIN
  12. QB Daniel Jones, NYG
  13. WR Rashee Rice, KC
  14. WR Romeo Doubs, GB
  15. WR Jayden Reed, GB

I like the team.  Stacked Lamar and Andrews.  Tried to lock up Philly RB.  All of the RBs you drafted can catch the ball.  5 strong WRs.    Tuck.  Ravens have lots of plus matchups for both offense and defense. 

The only question mark for me is whether Quentin Johnston is worth a roster spot over some of the waiver wire guys?  Personally, I would rather have a handful of them over QJ.   Is it possible to keep him with a 10th or something next season?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I like the team.  Stacked Lamar and Andrews.  Tried to lock up Philly RB.  All of the RBs you drafted can catch the ball.  5 strong WRs.    Tuck.  Ravens have lots of plus matchups for both offense and defense. 

The only question mark for me is whether Quentin Johnston is worth a roster spot over some of the waiver wire guys?  Personally, I would rather have a handful of them over QJ.   Is it possible to keep him with a 10th or something next season?

Johnston’s just a dart throw.  I might cut him for Bateman.  We’ll see.  I wanted as many Chargers as I could get.  Everyone will eat in that offense.  I can’t keep him for a 10 - 4th round is the minimum on all keepers taken 4th round or later.  

I wanted more Backs but they kept flying off the board.  I shoulda taken Jaylen Warren in Richardson’s spot….

17 hours ago, RoadFan said:

The only question mark for me is whether Quentin Johnston is worth a roster spot over some of the waiver wire guys? 

Update:  I got offered Khalil Herbert for Akers straight up and turned it down.  Countered with:

Akers, McKinnon, Johnston

FOR

K. Herbert, Jordan Addison, Jaylen Warren

He’s a Rams fan so we’ll see if he bites.  He also has Pacheco so having 2 pieces of the KC backfield might intrigue him…

20 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Waller or Hockenson @Jetsfan80

Waller for me and it isn’t all that close. He’ll be a target monster for as long as it takes for the Giants to figure out their WR depth chart.  Even moreso if Barkley hits the wall and/or gets hurt.

Hockenson is really good but it feels like he’s being drafted at his ceiling.  To me there’s only 3 TEs worth drafting at or above ADP (unless Arthur Smith stops using Pitts primarily as a run blocker - @Paradis) and if you don’t get one of them might as well wait as long as possible to grab one.  

• Upvote 2

Man it's tough when you suddenly have no bad drafters in your league.  I got sniped a few times right before my pick and never felt like I got a steal at any point.

Drafting 4th in 12-team league, no keepers, half-PPR.

My top-4 were JJ, Ekeler, CMC, Chase with Kelce a possible impulse buy (before the injury).  I really wanted any of the top-3 so of course I got Chase.  Fine.

Round 2, QBs already started going (always early in my league).  Mahomes and Allen gone.  I grabbed Hurts and felt okay with that since Herbert and Fields(!) went before my next pick.  Time to start grabbing RBs but the board was not great.  Aaron Jones was the last guy in his tier so easy enough pick.  With one each QB/WR/RB in line, on to BPA.  Kelce, Andrews gone and the run was coming.  Hock or Waller?  I went Hock.  

Now I need RB2 and I'm down to either Breece or Kenneth Walker.  I went Breece because...homer?  Drake London and Chris Godwin next up and I've got 3 playable WRs (one for flex).  

I have 3 rules when I draft.  I target a top-tier Kicker and Defense (so I will go a round early on those) and usually the first backup QB - sometimes before everyone has a starter.  Round 8, I have all my non K/D starters, but I really wanted Brian Robinson and of course he go sniped right as I'm on deck, so I grab Cousins as my backup QB, and figure he may be trade bait later on although my league doesn't trade much.  Kicker run starts with Tucker so I grab Butker while everyone else is chasing Defenses.  I gambled and watched PHI, DAL, BUF, SF, and NO defenses go so NYJ was an easy pick for me in round 10.

Round 11 and I have laser eyes for Rashaad Penny.  #2 slot, one of my best friends, squashed that dream so Jamaal Williams instead just over Perine.  Not sure about that one, but can't get too worked up over backup RBs.  Finished up with random backups, Zay Jones, Tyler Higbee, and a few others, finally finishing up the night with Jameson Williams as a lottery stash for the 2nd half of the season.

The guy in slot #2 got Ekeler and then Herbert.  I think I would have preferred that to Chase/Hurts, but it's close.  The #12 slot doubled down on 17s with GW and Davante.  Be funny if they end up competing for catches on the same team later on.

Some years, I come out of the draft really pumped.  This year I'm a little more subdued.  Don't hate it, but not feeling super confident.  I guess that's the sign of a good league.

image.png

• Upvote 1

I’m in a 12 man, 3 WR and a flex league and we play 3 IDPs..  Was picking 10.  Planned on going WR back to back and playing the no QB strategy.  Ended up having to go Lamb/Henry but feel like I stacked a good team before taking Cousins way late at my QB.

Thoughts?  The bench is weak, but that is always the case in this league so I’m not concerned:

2C374FD8-9FF4-4DD9-B75E-D8F68787A500.thumb.png.1eb616480da76bfd2ddbe4eab65fa46a.png4132DDAB-3525-48CF-A81E-E5C40A27CCC8.thumb.png.b4e86875d4541afd338011b8b9ed2be2.png

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, JiF said:

I’m in a 12 man, 3 WR and a flex league and we play 3 IDPs..  Was picking 10.  Planned on going WR back to back and playing the no QB strategy.  Ended up having to go Lamb/Henry but feel like I stacked a good team before taking Cousins way late at my QB.

Thoughts?  The bench is weak, but that is always the case in this league so I’m not concerned:

2C374FD8-9FF4-4DD9-B75E-D8F68787A500.thumb.png.1eb616480da76bfd2ddbe4eab65fa46a.png4132DDAB-3525-48CF-A81E-E5C40A27CCC8.thumb.png.b4e86875d4541afd338011b8b9ed2be2.png

3-WR leagues make everything more difficult.  I think you did quite well getting the quartet of receivers you got + Johnston for bench upside considering how much they fly off the board.  Forces you to of course hold off on all other positions though.

Pacheco is going to catch more passes than people think, even with McKinnon around (and he always seems to get hurt anyways) so I love that you got him as your RB2 while you wait for Javonte to return.  In addition I was surprised to learn that Henry was # 1 in the NFL in yards per target last season.  He may not be a volume pass-catching back but he certainly is efficient even in his old age...

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

3-WR leagues make everything more difficult.  I think you did quite well getting the quartet of receivers you got + Johnston for bench upside considering how much they fly off the board.  Forces you to of course hold off on all other positions though.

Pacheco is going to catch more passes than people think, even with McKinnon around (and he always seems to get hurt anyways) so I love that you got him as your RB2 while you wait for Javonte to return.  In addition I was surprised to learn that Henry was # 1 in the NFL in yards per target last season.  He may not be a volume pass-catching back but he certainly is efficient even in his old age...

Ironically Johnson was kind of a mistake, i thought I had Zay Flowers and took him instead but with how often Williams is banged up, it could be a good pick and it gives me a little insurance on Allen. 

Henry’s value was too good to pass in RD2, considering the run on WRs that went before and after my Lamb pick.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ironically Johnson was kind of a mistake, i thought I had Zay Flowers and took him instead but with how often Williams is banged up, it could be a good pick and it gives me a little insurance on Allen. 

Henry’s value was too good to pass in RD2, considering the run on WRs that went before and after my Lamb pick.

My guess is Palmer ends up being the "Allen insurance" rather than Johnston but you can pick up Palmer at any time for free.