80's "I need fantasy assistance" thread

Jetsfan80

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Is he a Jets fan?  If so maybe a package headlined by Breece?  There’s no guarantee we’ll ever see the Breece of last year any time soon after all….

Eagles fan, he has Pollard so I'm gonna try to draft the Cowgirl's rookie RB to package. I really don't want to part with A.J....

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Eagles fan, he has Pollard so I'm gonna try to draft the Cowgirl's rookie RB to package. I really don't want to part with A.J....

If necessary….part with AJ.  I simply can’t imagine last year’s success repeating itself any time soon.  Eagles have a brutal schedule this year and it seemed like the Eagles ran the same play to feed Brown on the right sideline over and over all year - the league has to figure that out.  

Eagles passing game takes a slight step back AND Devonta ends up the stronger fantasy option this year is my guess…

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If necessary….part with AJ.  I simply can’t imagine last year’s success repeating itself any time soon.  Eagles have a brutal schedule this year and it seemed like the Eagles ran the same play to feed Brown on the right sideline over and over all year - the league has to figure that out.  

Eagles passing game takes a slight step back AND Devonta ends up the stronger fantasy option this year is my guess…

Well, if I give up AJ I should get something else back. I'll see how the draft goes and report back. Thanks, brother.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I actually have Zay and Chandler much higher on my board vs ADP because you had been talking them up in other threads!  lol.  Already loved Jaylen Warren and hated Najee so all set there….

Really hope there’s nothing up with Andrews because I hope to take him at the Rd 2/3 turn if I opt for Ekeler….

Thanks!!

I dunno about Chandler - he's been inconsistent at best, but he's right on the subject of other guys being able to get the job done. Warren, Gainwell, Herbert are all undervalued... 

All that said, Eckler is like top 4 non-QB fantasy stars - and heading into a Herbert MVP type season. He's gonna eat. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Jetsfan80 @Dcat @Paradis @JiF @Lurker89 @Barry McCockinner @RoadFan @PS17

I'm in a bit of a panic mode at the moment with 3 days until my league drafts.  Here's the situation:

• I went ahead and locked in Rhamondre Stevens as my keeper, for whom I will surrender a 4th round pick.  My decision was made easier by the knowledge I'm likely ending up with the top choice in where my pick slot falls, and of course I'll choose pick # 1 so that Rhamondre ends up as a LATE 4th rounder (pick # 40, at latest).
  • My choices for the # 1 overall pick are currently dwindling.  Ja'Marr Chase was kept and I expect Justin Jefferson to be kept as well.  Cooper Kupp just suffered a hamstring injury which pushes him down my board.  I was hoping to grab a WR at the top but I now no longer like the options available to me at # 1 
  • That leaves the following as my top choices at # 1 overall:

1. Kelce
  2. Bijan
  3. Ekeler
  4. Tyreek Hill
  5. Diggs

I really do not want to push Tyreek up my board and grab him because I have significant concerns about the QB situation in Miami, and I also just plain don't like him, lol.  Diggs would be a nice safe choice but in my experience you don't win fantasy titles like that.  Plus there was the whole offseason weirdness between him and the Bills.   And no, I don't have CMC in my current top 5:  He's too high of an injury risk and there's so much competition for targets there; he's on my fade list.

So what do I do?  Grab Kelce or pair Rhamondre with one of the 2 RBs? 

Reminder:  10-team league, 0.5 PPR.

Coming in late but put me down for Ekeler. He’s in a walk year and chargers will be looking to squeeze every last drop out of him. And in a .5pt ppr, Ekeler is a true dual fantasy thread.

CMC and Kelce are the only other real options left at #1. Agree on injury concerns for CMC. Can’t justify spending first overall on a TE; don’t care about generational talent or TE scarcity.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I dunno about Chandler - he's been inconsistent at best, but he's right on the subject of other guys being able to get the job done. Warren, Gainwell, Herbert are all undervalued... 

All that said, Eckler is like top 4 non-QB fantasy stars - and heading into a Herbert MVP type season. He's gonna eat. 

Yes, I want a bunch of exposure to the Charger offense in my drafts.  Herbert will likely lead the NFL in pass attempts and it might not be particularly close.  

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@JiF @Barry McCockinner @PS17 @nycdan @Paradis @RoadFan @Dcat @jgb

My decision just got made a lot easier:  Kelce was kept for a 2nd rounder.

So the pick will be Ekeler for me unless by some miracle the Justin Jefferson owner decides not to keep JJ for a 1.  

Thanks all!

Easy. Ekeler or Kelce was the move. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Paradis said:

First, you were right about Le’Veon Bell.  I was right about Mims.  Now that the “I told you so’s” are out of the way…

Chandler’s preseason last year showed how good he can be.  Injury hindered his chance to prove it in the regular season.  

My theory, although I can’t be certain, is that Chandler is just not a great practice player for some reason.  O’Connell didn’t trust him last year, even in training camp for some of this year.  Chandler just goes to another level when the lights are on.  The coaching staff sees it now, and so do the beatwriters and Viking fans.  

Chandler is gonna return kicks because of an injury to Kene.  He is gonna do something special one way or another within the first few games.  

I believe this is Aaron Jones versus Jamaal Williams again…

• Upvote 1

So on the same note, I have to sort my top-4 guys for round 1.

Right now, I have them roughly:

Jefferson / CMC / Ekeler / Kelce

Chase and Chubb are in the mix for the 3-4 slots as well.  Chase worries me a little for no reason other than gut feeling.  We're a half-PPR league so Chubb doesn't get the bump that Ekeler does there.  Kelce at 4 is a touch high, but there's nobody else I can see putting there outside those 6.

Thoughts?  i'm open to suggestions here.

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

So on the same note, I have to sort my top-4 guys for round 1.

Right now, I have them roughly:

Jefferson / CMC / Ekeler / Kelce

Chase and Chubb are in the mix for the 3-4 slots as well.  Chase worries me a little for no reason other than gut feeling.  We're a half-PPR league so Chubb doesn't get the bump that Ekeler does there.  Kelce at 4 is a touch high, but there's nobody else I can see putting there outside those 6.

Thoughts?  i'm open to suggestions here.

I’m very wary about Chubb.  Best RB in the league BUT the Browns want to throw a lot more this year and in camp they have been showing a lot of empty backfield sets.  It’s concerning to say the least.  

• Upvote 1

@Jetsfan80

It'd be between Bijan and Kelce for me.

Taking Kelce gives you the elite piece at a onesie position and gives you flexibility the rest of the way through your draft. It also seems to be the consensus and is both a proven player and strategy.

Personally I have taken Bijan at 3,4, and 8 in separate drafts throughout the preseason this year over all of the above.(when taken 3 and 4)

• Upvote 1

First trade in my half sharp half dull money league.

Cooper Kupp and Joe Burrow  for Tua and DHop....

I hate dumb people ruining the league before the first game....

Same league last year someone dropped Chase a week before he came back from injury and the lucky dog with waiver 1 priority got to scoop him up. 

• WTF? 1

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He was likely going to end up with a late 1st if he wanted it so it would have been a late 1st (8-10th pick) for Jefferson.

What a dumbass.  He kept DeVonta Smith for a 4th instead.  

Please send of your stupid league members to join my leagues too.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It’s actually a tough league but that guy tends to make some baffling decisions from time to time.  

I have one like that.  Yet he manages to win way more than his crappy teams should.  Example:  He elected to keep Mac Jones.  No draft pick lost, but he passed on AJ Brown for a 4th, Waddle for a 4th, Dalvin Cook for a 7th, Pacheco for a 4th, and Kenneth Walker for a 6th!  Just to keep Mac Jones for no pick.  Wow.  Homer Pats fan.  Dummy.

• Upvote 1

My league always goes crazy on RB's early so I always take the value at other positions and end up going RB later. This year I ended up with Walker 3 and really wanted to handcuff him w/Charbonett but got sniped 3 picks before.

Olave & K. Allen are my 1/2 WRs and I also have Burks & Jeudy. I picked at 7 and Kelce was my 1st rounder if you were wondering.

Considering this trade to get him, what do you think? Full PPR.

image.thumb.png.427d1f0b135e8721132c2a97bed2acc6.png

@JiF @Barry McCockinner @PS17 @nycdan @Paradis @RoadFan @Dcat @jgb @Jetsfan80

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

My league always goes crazy on RB's early so I always take the value at other positions and end up going RB later. This year I ended up with Walker 3 and really wanted to handcuff him w/Charbonett but got sniped 3 picks before.

Olave & K. Allen are my 1/2 WRs and I also have Burks & Jeudy. I picked at 7 and Kelce was my 1st rounder if you were wondering.

do it jewish GIF

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’d do AJ for Garrett straight up if necessary but definitely try to squeeze as much out of him as possible!  

Draft done. His team:

Najeenius
1. (7) Najee Harris  (Pit - RB)
2. (21) Tony Pollard  (Dal - RB)
3. (35) Garrett Wilson  (NYJ - WR)
4. (49) Miles Sanders  (Car - RB)
5. (63) Chris Godwin (TB - WR)
6. (77) Kyle Pitts (Atl - TE)
7. (91) Evan Engram (Jax - TE)
8. (105) Rachaad White (TB - RB)
9. (119) Kirk Cousins (Min - QB)
10. (133) Courtland Sutton (Den - WR)
11. (147) Kenneth Gainwell (Phi - RB)
12. (161) Deuce Vaughn (Dal - RB)
13. (175) Jordan Love (GB - QB)
14. (189) Miami (Mia - DEF)
15. (203) Bryce Young (Car - QB)
16. (217) Jake Elliott (Phi - K)
17. (231) Curtis Samuel (Was - WR)
18. (245) Seattle (Sea - DEF)
19. (259) Alec Pierce (Ind - WR)
20. (273) Michael Carter (NYJ - RB)
21. (287) Sterling Shepard (NYG - WR)
22. (301) Brandon McManus (Jax - K)

My team:

Prescott London & Brown LLP
1. (11) Dak Prescott  (Dal - QB)
2. (25) Breece Hall  (NYJ - RB)
3. (39) Matthew Stafford  (LAR - QB)
4. (53) Jerome Ford  (Cle - RB)
5. (67) Drake London  (Atl - WR)
6. (81) David Njoku  (Cle - TE)
7. (95) Joe Mixon  (Cin - RB)
8. (109) Christian Watson  (GB - WR)
9. (123) Cole Kmet  (Chi - TE)
10. (137) Kenneth Walker III  (Sea - RB)
11. (151) A.J. Brown  (Phi - WR)
12. (165) Rashaad Penny  (Phi - RB)
13. (179) Buffalo  (Buf - DEF)
14. (193) Chase Brown (Cin - RB)
15. (207) Jimmy Garoppolo (LV - QB)
16. (221) Michael Mayer (LV - TE)
17. (235) Tank Dell (Hou - WR)
18. (249) Israel Abanikanda (NYJ - RB)
19. (263) Rico Dowdle (Dal - RB)
20. (277) Zach Evans (LAR - RB)
21. (291) Brandon Aubrey (Dal - K)
22. (305) Khalil Shakir (Buf - WR)

I send him two offers:

London + Dowdle for Garrett (almost no chance of accepting)

and

AJ Brown + Kmet for Garrett and Pitts

Other ideas?

(He's an Eagles fan FYI)

• Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I would make that deal if the other owner accepts, partly because of the additional value you are getting for injury factor. IMO.

KWIII gets banged up.  Something is going on with McLaurin too.  Dotson and Charbonnet become must-starts if KWIII and TM are out.

Najee is not as quick-twitch as Warren, but he is certainly tough.   I’m sure playing RB with a Lisfranc was painful.  He won’t miss games unless it is something catastrophic.  

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, jgb said:

Draft done. His team:

Najeenius
1. (7) Najee Harris  (Pit - RB)
2. (21) Tony Pollard  (Dal - RB)
3. (35) Garrett Wilson  (NYJ - WR)
4. (49) Miles Sanders  (Car - RB)
5. (63) Chris Godwin (TB - WR)
6. (77) Kyle Pitts (Atl - TE)
7. (91) Evan Engram (Jax - TE)
8. (105) Rachaad White (TB - RB)
9. (119) Kirk Cousins (Min - QB)
10. (133) Courtland Sutton (Den - WR)
11. (147) Kenneth Gainwell (Phi - RB)
12. (161) Deuce Vaughn (Dal - RB)
13. (175) Jordan Love (GB - QB)
14. (189) Miami (Mia - DEF)
15. (203) Bryce Young (Car - QB)
16. (217) Jake Elliott (Phi - K)
17. (231) Curtis Samuel (Was - WR)
18. (245) Seattle (Sea - DEF)
19. (259) Alec Pierce (Ind - WR)
20. (273) Michael Carter (NYJ - RB)
21. (287) Sterling Shepard (NYG - WR)
22. (301) Brandon McManus (Jax - K)

My team:

Prescott London & Brown LLP
1. (11) Dak Prescott  (Dal - QB)
2. (25) Breece Hall  (NYJ - RB)
3. (39) Matthew Stafford  (LAR - QB)
4. (53) Jerome Ford  (Cle - RB)
5. (67) Drake London  (Atl - WR)
6. (81) David Njoku  (Cle - TE)
7. (95) Joe Mixon  (Cin - RB)
8. (109) Christian Watson  (GB - WR)
9. (123) Cole Kmet  (Chi - TE)
10. (137) Kenneth Walker III  (Sea - RB)
11. (151) A.J. Brown  (Phi - WR)
12. (165) Rashaad Penny  (Phi - RB)
13. (179) Buffalo  (Buf - DEF)
14. (193) Chase Brown (Cin - RB)
15. (207) Jimmy Garoppolo (LV - QB)
16. (221) Michael Mayer (LV - TE)
17. (235) Tank Dell (Hou - WR)
18. (249) Israel Abanikanda (NYJ - RB)
19. (263) Rico Dowdle (Dal - RB)
20. (277) Zach Evans (LAR - RB)
21. (291) Brandon Aubrey (Dal - K)
22. (305) Khalil Shakir (Buf - WR)

I send him two offers:

London + Dowdle for Garrett (almost no chance of accepting)

and

AJ Brown + Kmet for Garrett and Pitts

Other ideas?

(He's an Eagles fan FYI)

Ooh I like the idea to try to go get Pitts.  Even though he’s STILL being used as a blocker this year it seems.  They need to fire Arthur Smith…

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ooh I like the idea to try to go get Pitts.  Even though he’s STILL being used as a blocker this year it seems.  They need to fire Arthur Smith…

You know how it is in dynasty, bet on talent over situation. He also has Gainwell, so Penny could be interesting for him but Penny is my #1 sleeper this year so I'm hesitant.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

well i love Dotson, especially this year, but Jaylen Warren is on the verge of taking over in PIT... hard to justify moving him so you can have two stakes in a murky RB room. You'd have been hedging Walker to be out for a while with an injury

31 minutes ago, Paradis said:

well i love Dotson, especially this year, but Jaylen Warren is on the verge of taking over in PIT... hard to justify moving him so you can have two stakes in a murky RB room. You'd have been hedging Walker to be out for a while with an injury

Charbonnet was a 2nd round pick. He's a legit threat to Walker 3 even if there is no injury.

9 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

@Jetsfan80 I see its a non issue now.... enjoy Jefferson.

Thanks!  So I know entering the draft I’ll have Jefferson at 1.1 and Stevenson at 4.40.  Not bad at all!

At the 2-3 turn barring a RB I like falling (like Pollard or Derrick Henry) I’ll be grabbing the best WR available and, hopefully, Mark Andrews.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think Warren could pass Harris and I think Johnson is the player that stands to have the biggest bounce back season for possibly any player in FF. 

I would probably chill.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Just now, JiF said:

I think Warren could pass Harris and I think Johnson is the player that stands to have the biggest bounce back season for possibly any player in FF. 

I would probably chill.

Sex?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Charbonnet was a 2nd round pick. He's a legit threat to Walker 3 even if there is no injury.

Maybe but Carroll is notorious for riding one RB at a time, somewhat like Mike Tomlin.

I like Charbonnet a lot but I’m not certain he has a ton of standalone value as a rookie.  

16 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Warren and Charbonnet will each dig into their #1's numbers (Harris and Walker).  If you have walker and want Charbs as his cuff, then make the trade.  I actually think both will be the same this year.  Obviously if Harris or Walker gets hurt, each will become the instant #1.

I love Dotson as a rookie prospect, but he's got a young QB and McLaurin (hurt) in front of him.  D Johnson has been a freaking disappointment several years in a row.  I'm not a fan.  I like Dotson better.  A lot better.

Summary: Pull the trigger.