80's "I need fantasy assistance" thread

Jetsfan80

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

Upside play is Pancho, safe floor play is Williams IMHO

Allegier is basically a random dice throw.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

yep, rolling out J.Will

Side note related to the KC backfield:  Last night I cut McKinnon to make room for a 2nd DST ahead of next week:  Pats vs Zach lol.  

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, JiF said:

I need one today: Javonte Williams, Isaiah Pacheco or Tyler Allgeier?

@Paradis @jgb

@#27TheDominator

@Jetsfan80 @PS17

Sorry I was late to the party.  I kept Javonte and Allgeier on my bench along with Jahmyr Gibbs.   I started Breece and Jamaal Williams.  Worst case for Breece.  A couple of big minus plays and then blown out so they sit him for next week.  :(  I'd probably have gone Pacheco, because he is not on my team and I was already hating on the two that were.  I guess he had a a slightly better game, but all were in the same ballpark.  Not like Brian Robinson Jr. who is currently kicking the crap out of me. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Sorry I was late to the party.  I kept Javonte and Allgeier on my bench along with Jahmyr Gibbs.   I started Breece and Jamaal Williams.  Worst case for Breece.  A couple of big minus plays and then blown out so they sit him for next week.  :(  I'd probably have gone Pacheco, because he is not on my team and I was already hating on the two that were.  I guess he had a a slightly better game, but all were in the same ballpark.  Not like Brian Robinson Jr. who is currently kicking the crap out of me. 

Neither did much anyway but I went off, highest scorer in the league by far after putting up a total dud last week.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Neither did much anyway but I went off, highest scorer in the league by far after putting up a total dud last week.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Meanwhile I’m gonna be top 2 or 3 scoring this week but still may find a way to lose in part because my opponent had Dallas D (+ Barkley, Deebo and Lockett).

Zach f**ks me again!!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think you might be toast this week.  Hope you prove me wrong!

Nah.  Elijah Moore was just snake oil and not a good draft pick. He is as useless for Cleveland as he was for us, it seems. Luvu getting the sacks tonight, not Burns for Carolina.  JDs Pretzels dropping to 1-1.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Nah.  Elijah Moore was just snake oil and not a good draft pick. He is as useless for Cleveland as he was for us, it seems. Luvu getting the sacks tonight, not Burns for Carolina.  JDs Pretzels dropping to 1-1.

Michael Thomas started out hot so I thought maybe the window would be open a crack for you but….not so much.  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89 @Dcat @PS17 @#27TheDominator @jgb

For my flex spot (0.5 PPR) who do you like more this week?  Swift (@ TB) or Mike Williams (@ MIN)?

Bucs defense is tough but I think I'd go with Swift here. Vikings probably will take a similar defensive approach they did against the Eagles where they take away the deep ball and force the Chargers to beat them with underneath stuff and the backup RBs.

IDK where Gainwell is health wise (no injury report posted yet) but I imagine Swift has carved out a much bigger role than he had w1 even if he's back. Eagles o-line can run block like a MF. You just have to hope they don't get to 2 yards (and in) to the goal line or hurts steals tds

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89 @Dcat @PS17 @#27TheDominator @jgb

For my flex spot (0.5 PPR) who do you like more this week?  Swift (@ TB) or Mike Williams (@ MIN)?

Do you prefer higher floor or higher ceiling?

Williams has killed me in the past way too many times, so I have lost all trust. Every full moon or two he'll post a monster day.  So for me it's Swift.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Do you prefer higher floor or higher ceiling?

Williams has killed me in the past way too many times, so I have lost all trust. Every full moon or two he'll post a monster day.  So for me it's Swift.

For my flex spot I prefer higher ceiling.  The reason this is a tough choice for me is both have pretty high ceilings this week, in my view.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Quick Question

Again, Ravens D vs Colts or Eagles D vs Tampa Bay.   I'm leaning for Ravens, but always like a 2nd opinion.

Heavily leaning towards Eagles D, actually. 

Minshew getting the likely start actually weakens Baltimore's matchup, thanks to his career 3:1 TD/INT ratio.  He also didn't take a single sack last week.  That'll change against a Baltimore D that has a much higher sack rate, but his career sack rate is similar to Baker's (6.8 vs 6.9 %) and Baker is facing a sack-happy defense himself.

And even though Baker has started out well for TB, keep in mind they were against 2 bad pass defenses.  Philly is several tiers up and I think Baker will get exposed.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Seems like by the time the season ends Swift is going to be a top 12-ish fantasy back and it'll have seemingly been obvious all along that it was headed in that direction.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Seems like by the time the season ends Swift is going to be a top 12-ish fantasy back and it'll have seemingly been obvious all along that it was headed in that direction.

I was pretty high on him going into the season. He's super talented, the Eagles o-line is super talented and teams have to account for AJ Brown and DeVonta Smith. He was a steal in the 7th round. Jerome Ford in the last round is going to end up being a steal too.

• Upvote 1

On 9/2/2023 at 4:22 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

My league always goes crazy on RB's early so I always take the value at other positions and end up going RB later. This year I ended up with Walker 3 and really wanted to handcuff him w/Charbonett but got sniped 3 picks before.

Olave & K. Allen are my 1/2 WRs and I also have Burks & Jeudy. I picked at 7 and Kelce was my 1st rounder if you were wondering.

Considering this trade to get him, what do you think? Full PPR.

image.thumb.png.427d1f0b135e8721132c2a97bed2acc6.png

@JiF @Barry McCockinner @PS17 @nycdan @Paradis @RoadFan @Dcat @jgb @Jetsfan80

Ended up trading warren straight up for charbonnet today. Having the Seahawks handcuff is more valuable than a timeshare in a crappy offense.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So I landed Fields on the waiver wire. The problem with this is that I released Devon Achane to make the pickup.

200.gif?cid=d9212ad9ctarg2yrmzjpvp66hxq3

I had told my father in law, "He hasn't played at all, I don't know if you want to keep starting him."

I have now promised everyone to never give advice again.