Gase's excuse thread, week 2

freestater

What we have to lose is Adam Gase who, by all accounts, may be a very good head coach.

He's staying.  The problems he inherited aren't problems he is responsible for.

SAR I

Problems like the players playing better elsewhere or problems like the play calling they clearly werent prepared enough to execute?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What we have to lose is Adam Gase who, by all accounts, may be a very good head coach.

SAR I

You are either the biggest troll on this board or the most delusional poster I've ever seen. There's no way you believe half the sh*t that you spew. 

Gase is terrible and anyone with a functioning brain can see it. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

You are either the biggest troll on this board or the most delusional poster I've ever seen. There's no way you believe half the sh*t that you spew. 

I can't tell if incredible cognitive dissonance is in play here or someone hacked Sars account and is doing an incredible parody. 

13 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Problems like the players playing better elsewhere or problems like the play calling they clearly werent prepared enough to execute?

We have a bad roster.  Bad drafts.  FA's who came here to collect a bonus check and made excuses to stop playing.  Good homegrown players wanted big money and were shown the door because their contracts will be problematic in a few years when we're competitive.  Sound familiar?  It's the gerbil wheel we've been stuck on for decades.

We need to build from the lines-out.  That's what we're doing.  It means we have very few skill players.  And there's no way to run an NFL offense without skill players.  Playcalling isn't our problem.  Nor is coaching.  We have limited talent and it's young and it's injured.  We have drafted horribly and we have signed the wrong free agents.  We have already fired the guy responsible.  

SAR I

12 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

We don't know if Gase is terrible because the offense he put on the field is terrible.  We have a below-average OL and a below average QB throwing to league-bottom WR's and RB's.  Why you expect the Greatest Show On Turf is astounding.

You are the problem.  Fans screaming nonsense for knee-jerk satisfaction and the endless gerbil wheel of new coaches and new quarterbacks and new directions.  To hell with that.  We're doing it the right way this time.  This is a long-haul strategy and we're in Year 1 of the Gase Douglas regime.  Deal with it.

SAR I

We have a bad roster.  Bad drafts.  FA's who came here to collect a bonus check and made excuses to stop playing.  Good homegrown players wanted big money and were shown the door because their contracts will be problematic in a few years when we're competitive.  Sound familiar?  It's the gerbil wheel we've been stuck on for decades.
We need to build from the lines-out.  That's what we're doing.  It means we have very few skill players.  And there's no way to run an NFL offense without skill players.  Playcalling isn't our problem.  Nor is coaching.  We have limited talent and it's young and it's injured.  We have drafted horribly and we have signed the wrong free agents.  We have already fired the guy responsible.  
SAR I

Not all players left for big money. Quite a few were cut and playing better elsewhere. Limited talent is not an excuse. Not while these guys had a year and a half and left a lot of money on the table. Sorry dude but no successful franchise starts off after a year and a half looking this bad. Tanking is also not a viable option or excuse. This isnt the NBA

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We don't know if Gase is terrible because the offense he put on the field is terrible.  We have a below-average OL and a below average QB throwing to league-bottom WR's and RB's.  Why you expect the Greatest Show On Turf is astounding.

You are the problem.  Fans screaming nonsense for knee-jerk satisfaction and the endless gerbil wheel of new coaches and new quarterbacks and new directions.  To hell with that.  We're doing it the right way this time.  This is a long-haul strategy and we're in Year 1 of the Gase Douglas regime.  Deal with it.

SAR I

Wait, what?

• Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

By all accounts may be a good coach is a contradiction in terms.  

He's not staying.  "Mr. Johnson" will need to wait a few weeks so as not to look like the complete jackass he did last week.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I am not expecting the greatest show on turf. However, I do expect to see a somewhat competent offense. We look like a high school football team out there.

This is gases 5th year as a head coach. This is a fact. Everyone knows he sucks except you and Christopher johnson.  The jury is out on gase.

Your the problem. You keep accepting mediocrity. Your watching the 32nd ranked offense 2 years in a row and you think he's doing a great job. you will defend him until the day he gets fired.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

How would we know?

It's the same situation as last year-  too many injuries and too many bad players to be able to make the call.

So far, against two playoff teams, we look like we did in December against the Ravens.  Fortunately for us, our next two games are against the Colts and Broncos, far more like the teams we beat during our 6-2 finish.

SAR I

Are we still as good or better than the Bills?

• Haha 1