New York Knicks.......

JonEJet

Sources: Francis dealt to Knicks for Penny, Ariza

By Chris Sheridan

ESPN Insider

Steve Francis is headed to New York under a deal agreed to Wednesday by the Knicks and the Orlando Magic, ESPN.com has learned.

3325.jpgFrancis

The teams agreed to a trade of Francis for Penny Hardaway and Trevor Ariza, two league sources with knowledge of the deal told ESPN.com.

The trade was expected to be announced later Wednesday afternoon after being called in to the league office.

In New York, Francis will be paired with Stephon Marbury as the highest-paid backcourt duo in the NBA.

3860.jpgAriza

1274.jpgHardaway

The Knicks were still talking with several other clubs as team president Isiah Thomas worked at remaking a roster that has stumbled to the league's second-worst record, 15-37. For the Magic, the trade will provide salary cap relief to a franchise that can now go further beneath the cap than any of the league's 30 teams in the summer of 2007 when a bumper crop of free agents will be on the market, giving Orlando several options in figuring out how to rebuild around 20-year-old power forward Dwight Howard.

Thanks for posting this as I've been anxious all day wondering what Isaha would F up now.

Why is that Jerkmaine?

Because we got rid of an expiring contract for arguably one of the top 10 players in the game?

Because Isiah is doing a nice job turning over the train wreck he inherited from the last regime?

Finally the Knicks have a nucleus, and are probably far from done

Crawford will probably be traded in a deal for Earl Watson or KMart

Hopefully he can move richardson too

Why is that Jerkmaine?

Because we got rid of an expiring contract for arguably one of the top 10 players in the game?

Because Isiah is doing a nice job turning over the train wreck he inherited from the last regime?

Jon: They are still a trainwreck.

When did the Knicks become the home to other teams problems ? Marbury, Crawford, Fat Eddie Curry and now this tool !?!

The Knicks should have been blown up the moment Ewing left. Instead they keep taking other teams problems off their hands in the hope that they catch lightning in a bottle.

Francis and Marbury in the same backcourt !?! Yeah that will work out well.

Larry Brown is probably commiting Harry Carey as we speak.

jo

And the Knicks get more bloated with Huge Contracts and they will learn that the Yankee way of doing business does not work. You can't just sprinkle in superstars and expect a championship. You need a mix of home grown talent and one or two superstars...Look at that knick roster...besides Channing..everyone else is garbage from other teams drafts.

This is why I can't watch basketball anymore (except NCAA MARCH MADNESS). The NBA sucks....maybe having the Nets in Brooklyn will make NY a Basketball haven again.

LL

P.S. The Knicks are unwatchable and have been since Larry Johnson and Starks left them..

And the Knicks get more bloated with Huge Contracts and they will learn that the Yankee way of doing business does not work. You can't just sprinkle in superstars and expect a championship. You need a mix of home grown talent and one or two superstars...Look at that knick roster...besides Channing..everyone else is garbage from other teams drafts.

This is why I can't watch basketball anymore (except NCAA MARCH MADNESS). The NBA sucks....maybe having the Nets in Brooklyn will make NY a Basketball haven again.

LL

P.S. The Knicks are unwatchable and have been since Larry Johnson and Starks left them..

Amen to that !!!!

Bad move. Francis is a proven cancer who only plays hard when he's with his boyfriend Cuttino. Not enough balls to go around on one team. Plus they take on another huge contract while letting an expiring one go. Teams going nowhere.

Ariza was a waste though, he sucked.

this team is a friggin joke and will remain that way as long as Isiah is at the helm. He is going to have a higher payroll than the Yankees and will be in last place. How in the hell does he sleep at night..

Apparently it was Larry who pushed for the trade though.

And the Knicks are getting blwon out as we speak. White Chocolate has 24 points on the tenacious Knick defense.

Why is that Jerkmaine?

Are you joking, "ScumEJet"?

We got one of the top 10 players... who never wins and never will... he has been kicked out of every place he's been and is known as a coaches nightmare...

We got rid of an expiring contract, are you an idiot? ... we just picked up a huge contract instead of enjoying the benefits of alot of dead money about to be taken off the cap, allowing for QUALITY players to be acquired later on.

How is Isiah doing a nice job? seriously, are you smoking dust? The team is 15-38 with a disgusted coach and players who dont listen to him. The contracts are so unbelievably bloated its insane.

Do you know Jerome James is getting 6 Million a year? 30M total? he's getting 6 M for playing an avg of 3 minutes a game, and looking terrible. Who the hell signs him to a contract like that? Isiah? Why? because he showed POTENTIAL in the playoffs last year. 30 million? are you insane?

Here's his stats, since you seem to have ZERO IDEA of what's going on:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jerome_james/index.html?nav=page

Did you also know that Stephon Marbury is the HIGHEST PAID player in the NBA? would you even EVER think of calling him the "best" player in the NBA?

Do you know we gave up our first round pick this year and next for ****ing Eddie Curry?

Here's his stats:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/eddy_curry/index.html?nav=page

the guy is constantly overweight and has shown no desire except for possibly one game.

BEYOND all that even, how the hell do you plan to have success with marbury and disenfranchised in the backcourt?

It makes no sense... they are THE SAME player essentially, except marbury is a little better at passing and francis is a little better at shooting.

Francis is entertaining, i'll admit, but this is incredibly retarded. We needed a dominant big man not another trashy, shoot first guard.

Seriously, you must be smoking dust or crack... Isaih Thomas is the WORST thing to happen to this franchise in a long time, somehow this ******* managed to not only ruini the team for 2 years but make sure we suck **** for at least another 3.

Hey Jerkoff

You babble about alot.....you know very little

Can you please remind me the names of the players Isiah inherited from Scott Layden? Also, remind me of their contracts.

When you figure that out, after some massive research on your part, please compare the 2 rosters

Now go back to school, boy:Nuts:

How is a player who could not deal with Van Gundy going to deal with Brown? is there more than one ball being used on the court? there are chuckers everywhere and no team players. Why was Shaq quoted that now Dwight Howard will be better because he will get the ball more. HORRIBLE trade.

Watched about 5 minutes of the Spurs toying with the Knicks. Brown looks like he's sitting there, doing the math, figuring out if can make the $10 million Dolan is paying him this year stretch out in his Hamptons house until he gets his next greatest job ever(the Bulls? may be Roy Williams wants to take a long vacation?), and that there's no way in hell he's going to live through 4 more years of this sheet. And Marbury isn't even playing. Think Marlon Brando in "Apocaplyse Now". The HORROR! THE HORROR!

That game was PATHETIC. I turned it on when it was 82-71 Knicks with 4 to go in the 3rd and watched the end of it. Ben Gordon was on FIRE. Crazy game as usual for him against the Knicks. Marbury Sucks. Francis Sucks. This entire team sucks. It cannot possibly work together. Getting Francis was a huge mistake, both he and Marbury should both be off the team. 2-22 in their last 24 games? What is it now? 0-5 with Francis? HA! This team is a joke. The best player they've traded for so far in the Isiah Thomas era has been Jalen Rose.

• 5 years later...

lolknicks

lolceltics 13 years prior to 2007. Discounting the team that made the ECF a decade ago, they've been an awful to mediocre team for your entire life...despite the last few years with the Big Three. So just face the facts, you became a fan in '07, just about when you reached high school and didn't know the team existed prior. Which makes it laughable that you insult us knicks' fans who stayed with our team for a decade of inept managing, terrible ownership, vasoline eating superstar suckage.

lolceltics 13 years prior to 2007. Discounting the team that made the ECF a decade ago, they've been an awful to mediocre team for your entire life...despite the last few years with the Big Three. So just face the facts, you became a fan in '07, just about when you reached high school and didn't know the team existed prior. Which makes it laughable that you insult us knicks' fans who stayed with our team for a decade of inept managing, terrible ownership, vasoline eating superstar suckage.

It's probably becuase of your avatar but everytime you post something i read it like Kenny Powers is saying it. lol

Actually no, I was born in Worcester, MA and have been a Celtics fan since I started watching basketball. And I can proudly say I was a fan even when we lost that stretch of like 17 or 18 games in '06 I believe. You can talk crap about my team, but I'm not a bandwagoner like some other people here. I'm loyal to my teams.

It's probably becuase of your avatar but everytime you post something i read it like Kenny Powers is saying it. lol

Coincidentally, every time I post something I type it as Kenny Power is typing it. I've adopted it into my gym routine, you should give it a go....mullet not optional.

kennyp.jpg

Archived