Perine and Ficken to IR

jetsrule128

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

I was fine with the positional choices. I wanted Wirfs pretty bad in the first. Couple different guys in the second, but before the trade back.

I just think his draft was very lackluster overall. 

Becton is good but needs to stay healthy to prove worth it. Mims seems ok but need more sample size. Everyone else seems sub par so far. 

As a Jet fan for 4 decades, I just pray that this is the beginning of something special. If JD can get better each and every year, I can stop with this “Please do not pay attention to my Jets Shirt, my life sucks.....crap.” I think if we hit on this next draft, why can’t we be the next Bengals, 49’s, Buc’s, Colt’s, Bill’s etc. etc. etc.................

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Shhhhh dont talk facts. Jets fans are in the over hyping every pick of the new GM phase. 

Yeah; lets drop a rookie in an area of need because his first year was a screwy covid year - I don't know if anyone overhyped him. More like we don't understand why we should give carries to an old running back on a 0-10 team. I doubt they cut him this year or next, unless we get really lucky in the draft, FA, or UDFA next year.

• Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, maury77 said:

@HawkeyeJet, what's the story with Iowa's kicker? He's supposed to be the best one coming out this year. 

I'm guessing he won't be a pro due to leg strength.  His career long at Iowa is 49 yards and any attempt over 50 yards usually goes to a different kicker.

He's actually had a bit of a rough start this year missing 3 of his 9 kicks.  One was pretty much a chip shot.  The other would have been a new career long but missed it badly wide.

He was pretty damn automatic though last year and hit several very clutch kicks.

• Upvote 1

Perine is right about where he should be for a rookie 4th round pick.  He was the 12th RB drafted last year, yet he is 8th among rookie RBs in rushing yards.  And the 7 guys in front of him were all picked ahead of him.  He is not setting hte league on fire, but that's okay for the 120th pick in the draft as a rookie.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Perine is right about where he should be for a rookie 4th round pick.  He was the 12th RB drafted last year, yet he is 8th among RBs in rushing yards.  And the 7 guys in front of him were all picked ahead of him.  He is not setting hte league on fire, but that's okay for the 120th pick in the draft as a rookie.

How dare you be rational at a time like this.

• Upvote 2

La'Mical Perine (Florida): 4 year career with 493 rushing attempts for 2,485 rushing yards (5.0 yards per carry) and 22 rushing TD's along with 72 receptions for 674 receiving yards and 8 TD receptions; for a combined 3,159 offensive yards and 30 offensive TD's (within an elite SEC); drafted 4th round (120th). 

vs

Bilal Powell (Louisville): 4 year career with 436 rushing attempts for 2,338 rushing yards (5.4 yards per carry) and 19 rushing TD's along with 45 receptions for 344 receiving yards and 3 TD receptions; for a combined 2,682 offensive yards and 22 offensive TD's (within a very weak Big East); drafted 4th round (126th). 

A.) La'Mical Perine had a better NCAA college career than Powell. B.La'Mical Perine had a better NFL rookie season than Powell and C.) La'Mical Perine will also have a better NFL career as a backup than Powell (especially if spelling a horse such as Najee Harris). 

I personally love the kids potential and once JD improves our O-Line and he's no longer getting misused by Gase (fired) who stuck him behind a 50 year old RB we'll begin to see his true ability...

For any Jet fan to write off this kid all because "Adam Gase" had no idea how to utilize him should feel absolutely ashamed of themselves. 

12 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

La'Mical Perine (Florida): 4 year career with 493 rushing attempts for 2,485 rushing yards (5.0 yards per carry) and 22 rushing TD's along with 72 receptions for 674 receiving yards and 8 TD receptions; for a combined 3,159 offensive yards and 30 offensive TD's (within an elite SEC); drafted 4th round (120th). 

vs

Bilal Powell (Louisville): 4 year career with 436 rushing attempts for 2,338 rushing yards (5.4 yards per carry) and 19 rushing TD's along with 45 receptions for 344 receiving yards and 3 TD receptions; for a combined 2,682 offensive yards and 22 offensive TD's (within a very weak Big East); drafted 4th round (126th). 

A.) La'Mical Perine had a better NCAA college career than Powell. B.La'Mical Perine had a better NFL rookie season than Powell and C.) La'Mical Perine will also have a better NFL career as a backup than Powell (especially if spelling a horse such as Najee Harris). 

I personally love the kids potential and once JD improves our O-Line and he's no longer getting misused by Gase (fired) who stuck him behind a 50 year old RB we'll begin to see his true ability...

For any Jet fan to write off this kid all because "Adam Gase" had no idea how to utilize him should feel absolutely ashamed of themselves. 

I won't opine about whether Perine is better than Powell, but Powell didn't look too hot his first couple of seasons, so maybe Perine has better ability than he has shown so far. 

Wrong.
Powell played 2 games his first season and his stat line was...
13 for 21 yards at 1.62 a carry and 0 TDs
So Perine is already ahead of where Powell was at this point. 
Comparing close sample sizes, take Powell's second season (15 games)
Stats were..
110 for 437 yards at 3.97 a carry and 4 TDs
Now compare Perine with half the games (8 games)
55 for 202 yards at 3.67 a carry and 2 TDs
Those are very comparable stats. 
I pretty much despise Joe Douglas' first draft class and haven't been too shy about it. 
That being said, I'm willing to wait and see what LaMical Perine can do outside of eight/nine games as the second/third string back behind Frank Gore and handcuffed by Adam Gase. 
I'm not ... the kid looks slow and lacks moves and beast mode.. he might be a decent backup.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I'm not ... the kid looks slow and lacks moves and beast mode.. he might be a decent backup.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

May be right about a future prediction yes, but as it stands, compared to the same point in Powell's career, he is better. 

I hear Peyton Manning is better than Justin Herbet too. Does that make much sense at this point in Herbert's career? No.