Alex Lewis benched after argument with Gase ... Gase told Lewis “Get the f*** out”

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

We're talking about mindset here.

The mindset of a Yankees fan since most of us were in our Underoos is that we are going to win the World Series next season.  Of course we don't, no team could, but it's the mindset, its where our heads are at.  Sitting here today, same thing, we know the Yankees are winning the World Series in 2021, makes perfect sense.

Mets fans, different story, you think the world is consipriing against you.  Good lord, to be a Mets/Jets/Islanders/Knicks fan, I understand why you are this way but, please, learn to control your Eeyoring in a Jets forum.

SAR I

Mindset are you kidding me !!! Yankee fans need to switch that mindset because 1 in 20 years is not successful at all. Like i said I'm not a Mets fan even though they do hold a special place in my heart they were my first Baseball game ever at Shea.  I'm a Sox fan and for the past 20 years i have seen a lot of Highs and not a lot of lows thank god. But i do understand the Met fans have been quite Obnoxious since Cohen took over that i will say . I do believe they have hope but they have a lot of work to be done if they want to be consistent winners.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Meanwhile, from your post below:

image.png.a15cbc592bfeabdf1d6eaabc5b60269c.png

That's exactly my point.

Yankees fans are entitled to believe they deserve a great manager, one of the best in the game, because we have a great roster and a great organization.  Similarly, Yankees fans are entitled to winning seasons and post-seasons because we have a great roster and a great organization that can attract that great manager.

What's crazy is that Mets fans feel just as entitled when it comes to their football team.  Like the Mets and Jets have anywhere near the roster and organizations that the Yankees possess.  Then the crazy part-  you act like Mets fans with your 'woe is me' depressed Jets outlook and then you hold the head coach accountable when he doesn't have a winning record?  You run around all summer talking down to the Jets, saying we suck, saying we are a 5-win team at best, and then when it turns out you're right you blame the head coach for achieving your meek expectations!  It's the loony bin.

You aren't entitled to anything.  The Jets aren't the Yankees.  You don't get the best talent, you don't get the best head coach, you don't get the best quarterback.  That's the entitlement I'm referring to.  Oh, and you don't get to cry about how we suck all summer and then demand a head coaching change when it actually turns out to be true in the winter.  That's what Mets fans do, right?  Doesn't matter what happens on the field as long as you get to cry all summer and cry all winter.  Pa. The. Tic. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's exactly my point.

Yankees fans are entitled to believe they deserve a great manager, one of the best in the game, because we have a great roster and a great organization.  Similarly, Yankees fans are entitled to winning seasons and post-seasons because we have a great roster and a great organization that can attract that great manager.

What's crazy is that Mets fans feel just as entitled when it comes to their football team.  Like the Mets and Jets have anywhere near the roster and organizations that the Yankees possess.  Then the crazy part-  you act like Mets fans with your 'woe is me' depressed Jets outlook and then you hold the head coach accountable when he doesn't have a winning record?  You run around all summer talking down to the Jets, saying we suck, saying we are a 5-win team at best, and then when it turns out you're right you blame the head coach for achieving your meek expectations!  It's the loony bin.

You aren't entitled to anything.  The Jets aren't the Yankees.  You don't get the best talent, you don't get the best head coach, you don't get the best quarterback.  That's the entitlement I'm referring to.  Oh, and you don't get to cry about how we suck all summer and then demand a head coaching change when it actually turns out to be true in the winter.  That's what Mets fans do, right?  Doesn't matter what happens on the field as long as you get to cry all summer and cry all winter.  Pa. The. Tic. 

SAR I

If there were no Met fans rooting for the Jets, what would the Jets' record be this season?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Honest mistake, and I knew that;  I just blended it with the Jets in the heat of the moment: Kyle Clifton + Chad Clifton = Chad Morton, lol. 

No shame, Jetophile!  I was a Bucs fan living in FLA back then and it disappointed a lot of us. It was supposedly a “legal hit” but seemed unnecessarily mean. Did enjoy the Sapp/Favre friendly rivalry when Bucs were in the NFC Central.