Are these Josh McCown Head Coach candidate rumors true?

SouthernJet

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

HUH???????????????????

I don't want to bring him in as a HC.  Against it totally.   Made that clear in my post I thought.

As a low level asst.  Sure, why not as long as he isn't being brought in to save Darnold

Read your post. You said you didn't want him because he was a low level QB in the NFL, inferring that if he was a great QB you would consider it. My point was that his success as a NFL player is completely irrelevant to the discussion as the best coaches in the NFL were not great all time players. 

4 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

I have seen this 3 times now. Maybe as a OffCoordinator but these articles are saying he is being talked about as a HC candidate?

I know for fact the Johnsons love him and thought he was super professional and handled himself in proper way with teammates and front office, media etc when he was with Jets.

I dont recall if Joe Douglas was here when Josh was here.

https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-rumors-josh-mccown-2021-head-coach/

god the gullibility

36 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Read your post. You said you didn't want him because he was a low level QB in the NFL, inferring that if he was a great QB you would consider it. My point was that his success as a NFL player is completely irrelevant to the discussion as the best coaches in the NFL were not great all time players. 

4 hours ago, flgreen said:

OH MY.   Worst QB in the NFL, now we're going to build our coaching staff around him?  LOL

I have no problem bringing MCCown in as an asst, QB coach for our rookie, but hard pass on anything that keeps Darnold here another year.

4 hours ago, flgreen said:

I have no problem bringing in Mc Cown as an "offensive coaching staff Asst."  As reich was.  Or as an Asst. QB coach.  If he's good at it, promote him.

My problem with this scenario is bringing him in to some how sprinkle pixie dust on Darnold and make him an NFL QB.  Not going to happen, and a missed opportunity to get one of 3 QB's, who IMO will be better then Darnold quickly.

That is not what I said.  I said Darnold was a low level QB.  And I didn't want to bring Mc Cown in just so Darnold could stay, but I would be happy with him coming in for a rookie.

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

Why would he come to the stinkin Jets after rejected Andrew Luck Colts? I don’t buy it at all.

Why would he coach then?  He still wanted to play and earn $1,000,000+.  The Eagles did give him a contract in 2019.  This year I think he is out of football.  Things change.

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Why would he coach then?  He still wanted to play and earn $1,000,000+.  The Eagles did give him a contract in 2019.  This year I think he is out of football.  Things change.

My bad misread as Josh McDaniels lol 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, KRL said:

His connection with Darnold would make him an interesting option as a QB Coach

Should have happened in 2019, but Adam ******* Gase knew better, and didn't NEED a QB Coach, Legitimate OC, or to even speak to Darnold during games.

F*ck Gase. We can't get this guy out of the building and our lives fast enough.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Should have happened in 2019, but Adam ******* Gase knew better, and didn't NEED a QB Coach, Legitimate OC, or to even speak to Darnold during games.

..gettin'  closer   ?

e27978b608ebae1b18d4a7e40b9d970eb865ebe7

• Upvote 1

On 12/31/2020 at 2:13 AM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Toxic d-bag who sucks

• Upvote 2

On 12/30/2020 at 2:18 PM, KRL said:

And let's be real, when McCown was here was the best Darnold has looked in his career

We can trust that Chris Johnson will make the right decision....  you know, coaching where the game is going, sort of.    God I hate the fact that 2 do nothing trust fund babies run this team.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

If be fine with McCown as head coach. Let him hire his guy for oc. I can tell you one fuxking thing. I'm NOT using that 2 pick on a QB. im trading down or taking the best WR or O Lineman available and drafting Ian Book later. Super creative QB that can move and throw. **** it, I'd hire Brian Kelly as head coach and take Book. Cohesiveness? There ya have it

Sent from my SM-G973U using JetNation.com mobile app