What is a Super Bowl QB worth?

Jetster

The fastest way for the Jets to compete in the division is to have the Josh Allen contract be the next highest QB contract ever in the NFL surpassing Patrick Mahomes contract. That's how it works in this league. 

Once he signs that contract, they have 1/2 years at most to keep their best players & compete for the Super Bowl. Honestly, I have no animosity for the Bills, never hated them like I've despised the Dolphins & Patriots. 

In fact, I give the Bills fans kudos for the love they showed Dennis Byrd the week after he was paralyzed & to this day I think Jim Kelly threw a ball directly to Brian Washington that gave us a win that the Bills never needed. 

Selfishly, I think the Bills winning the Super Bowl speeds up the Josh Allen negotiations & he makes history as the highest paid QB in the NFL until the next young outstanding QB comes along. We've seen this play out before. 

Brady was the only QB in history that took less for the team. Let's hope Josh Allens agent has a lot of bills to pay! 

40 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

So Mahomes only has one more year to win a Super Bowl?   

Mahomes is also an outlier. I think Josh Allen is very good, he's not Mahomes good. In fact I was amazed how much Diggs was bailing him out getting open on his scrambles. 

49 minutes ago, Jetster said:

The fastest way for the Jets to compete in the division is to have the Josh Allen contract be the next highest QB contract ever in the NFL surpassing Patrick Mahomes contract. That's how it works in this league. 

No the best way is to put together a team that can beat the Bills.  Waiting for them to blow themselves up isnt a plan, its a prayer.  

What do you do if the Bills manage the cap like the Pats or Allen gives the Bills a contract that they can live with?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No the best way is to put together a team that can beat the Bills.  Waiting for them to blow themselves up isnt a plan, its a prayer.  

What do you do if the Bills manage the cap like the Pats or Allen gives the Bills a contract that they can live with?

Agreed.  I thought waiting  20 years for Brady to finally leave the division was our window.  I guess now we have to wait another 20 for Allen to leave.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  I thought waiting  20 years for Brady to finally leave the division was our window.  I guess now we have to wait another 20 for Allen to leave.  

Josh Allen wins a couple playoff games, and now you're putting him in the same sentence as the Goat. Did you say the same about Cam Newton during his MVP season in 2015?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Once he signs that contract, they have 1/2 years at most to keep their best players & compete for the Super Bowl. Honestly, I have no animosity for the Bills, never hated them like I've despised the Dolphins & Patriots. 

In fact, I give the Bills fans kudos for the love they showed Dennis Byrd the week after he was paralyzed & to this day I think Jim Kelly threw a ball directly to Brian Washington that gave us a win that the Bills never needed. 

Selfishly, I think the Bills winning the Super Bowl speeds up the Josh Allen negotiations & he makes history as the highest paid QB in the NFL until the next young outstanding QB comes along. We've seen this play out before. 

Brady was the only QB in history that took less for the team. Let's hope Josh Allens agent has a lot of bills to pay! 

On a serious note, I doubt the Bills make it to a SB with Josh Allen. He is a good but he missed a bunch of throws yesterday.  I know there was wind but this was a home game. He should be better equipped  to handle the conditions

19 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s sarcasm you fool 

My apology, sec101row23, I didn't mean to confuse for a cuckold Jets fans rooting for the Bills during these playoffs. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate between what's sarcasm around here and what's not. I'll drink a Coors Light tonight as my penance. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Uh, duh, I would think with almost 100 million & 18 draft picks including 2 ones in 2021 & 2022 that would be a given? Right? Unless you think Joe Douglas will pass on free agency & his draft picks? 

• WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Uh, duh, I would think with almost 100 million & 18 draft picks including 2 ones in 2021 & 2022 that would be a given? Right? Unless you think Joe Douglas will pass on free agency & his draft picks? 

Did you mean to reply to someone else?

What does this have to do with me saying that the best way to overcome Allen is to build a stronger team than the Bills?

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Did you mean to reply to someone else?

What does this have to do with me saying that the best way to overcome Allen is to build a stronger team than the Bills?

It’s probably going to be a combination of a lot of things for the Jets to finally get to the top of the division again. 

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

The pig was finally ripe for the slaughter ... just when we turned vegetarian.