WFT to release Alex Smith

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

We don't know that.

Other QB's are also available on the market that are better than Darnold.

It's not even a sure thing that Darnold is better than likely 3rd rounder Trask from Florida.

The NFL personnel community is a prideful bunch and a lot of them thought Sam Darnold was the best QB prospect in the country three years ago. Obviously, there’s a lot of tape on him that suggests he sucks, but I’d imagine that’ll be tempered by the acknowledgment of Jets disfunction and Maccagnan being the worst GM in the history of sport. If I was a coach, I’d rather take a flyer on Darnold than I would on a guy like Trask, etc. 

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Obviously, there’s a lot of tape on him that suggests he sucks

Indeed.

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If I was a coach, I’d rather take a flyer on Darnold than I would on a guy like Trask, etc. 

Not me.  But I could be wrong about Darnold....just haven't been yet.

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, flgreen said:

Clearly you can't read stats.  

Darnold is considered the worst QB  in the NFL, by  everyone who rates QB's, that includes Flacco who played on the same crappy team.  Flacco's stats suck, but are much better then Darnold's.  I don't know what eye optic changes that. The "Ghost Sack"?

This whole debate reminds me of Geno with some Jets fans thinking he was going to break out any second.  

Look at Flacco's stats his first two games and tell me there is some great difference. When. Flacco had to play with the same garbage Sam did for the first 2 games he scored a total of 10 points in both. When Perriman and Mims started to play both improved. 

That is what I mean by using your eyes

On 3/1/2021 at 10:21 PM, Savage69 said:

Some people like Alex Smith his first 3 years he was 11-19 with 19 td's and 31 picks. And he was the 1st pick in the 2005 draft.. Norv Turner was his OC

49ers clearly made a mistake keeping him after 3 years ... only to get to the NFCG the following year