Exactly 2 weeks from this moment—

21 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Until 23 is up.

Once Zach is picked - if he goes D at #23 we'll get a whole different crew that will lose it.

Really? I haven’t picked up on that vibe yet. What are ppl expecting at 23?  OTs will have been picked, same with the 3 WRs, no RB... it’s like going to be DE/CB/LB

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Really? I haven’t picked up on that vibe yet. What are ppl expecting at 23?  OTs will have been picked, same with the 3 WRs, no RB... it’s like going to be DE/CB/LB

I will be one for sure.  

There are plenty more here - 

IMO, taking anything but offense at 23 AND 34 would be a complete lack of understanding of the league and a dereliction of duty.  

I believe if JD does that he will ultimately be a failure as a GM and will not get a second contract from the Jets.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, flgreen said:

FROM THE JETS' OFFICAL SITE.

Will the Jets Target Offense in the First 3 Rounds of the NFL Draft?

GM Joe Douglas Has 10 Picks in 2021 NFL Draft and 5 Picks in Rounds 1-3

Apr 16, 2021 at 02:00 PM

E_c11i9699-allen-headshot

IMG_6717-greenberg-head

/assets/images/imported/NYJ/Lange_Randy-headshot.jpg

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

042820-personnel-thumb-draft

Throughout the offseason, NewYorkJets.com reporters Eric Allen, Ethan Greenberg and Randy Lange will each give their predictions to a series of questions regarding this year's Jets.

Today's question: Will the Jets take more players on offense or defense in the first three rounds of the NFL Draft?

EA: After Jets GM Joe Douglas traded Sam Darnold to Carolina and acknowledged the Jets would likely be taking a signal-caller with the No. 2 overall selection, he said: "We have to surround our new quarterback with as much talent as possible." That has stuck with me as draft countdown approaches hyperdrive. In terms of the top four strongest position groups in the entire class, Pro Football Focus went quarterback, tackle, wide receiver and interior offensive line. After the Jets get their quarterback at No. 2, they will be in prime position early to build around him with four additional picks in the top 86 overall. I envision Douglas, whose first pick as GM of the Jets was Mekhi Becton, will continue to fortify that line early in the 2021 draft. Before free agency began, Douglas said that he and Head Coach Robert Saleh wanted explosive playmakers and I think that hunt will extend into Rounds 1-3. And while a cornerback or linebacker could be taken before Round 4, my guess is four of the Jets' first five picks are used on players on offense.

EG: It could go either way, but I'm leaning yes. We already know GM Joe Douglas said that it's a fair assessment the Jets will take a QB at No. 2 overall, which gives the offense a 1-0 lead. Douglas made more moves on the defensive side of the ball in free agency (added five on offense, six on defense) and I think this time the offense will receive a boost. In that same breath, it wouldn't surprise me if Douglas adds to the defense, but I think the split will be 3-2 either way, depending how the board shakes out. There are a lot of positions that still need to be addressed and I think Douglas will help support his rookie QB by adding as much as possible around him, whether that's a playmaker at RB-WR-TE or an offensive lineman. I don't think any of the free-agent signings preclude the Green & White from adding to that position. For example, even though the Jets added Corey Davis and Keelan Cole at WR, it wouldn't surprise me if they added another WR in the draft. Same at the edge with Carl Lawson and Vinny Curry. The Jets are in a position where they'll add the best player available. My gut says the offense will slightly edge the defense, but this is why we love the draft -- no one knows.

RL: Only slightly, by a 3-2 margin. On the one hand, history favors the first draft of the Joe Douglas/Robert Saleh team leaning to the defense. Saleh is a D-coach and the Jets need D-help. Since Bill Parcells in 1997, the Green & White have had only one predominantly offensive coach and that was Adam Gase. From 2002-18, a 17-draft span, the Jets made 46 selections in the first three rounds and 29 were defensive players — a hefty 63% of those prime picks. On the other hand, Douglas/Saleh figure to be drafting a key offensive player up top, and they know they have to surround that quarterback with O-talent. Did they do enough of that so far in free agency? Maybe, but more can and will be done. Of course, how they stack their board will have much to say about this, too, but with the above two competing forces in play, I'd say the Jets are likely to use three of their five picks on the first two days on one side of the ball, say, QB-D-O-D-O.

Not sure anyone has an inside track on what the Jets do, but whatever they want leaked out there, you can bet Randy Lange will be involved in it. 

Lol. No. 

On 4/15/2021 at 9:40 PM, jetstream23 said:

I haven't seen my father back east in over a year due to Covid.  He got vaccinated a month ago, I get my second shot early next week.  I'm flying to NJ on 4/28 to hang with him for a long weekend and watch the Draft.  Commiserating and bitching about the Jets has been a serious part of our father/son bond for four decades.  Looking forward to this!

College Life Drinking GIF

I got called by the state health department to schedule my shot (first one the other day ) due to to age not any underlying health issues. I was 2 months old when the Jets won the Super Bowl and now I'm considered old, high risk in Florida.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I will be one for sure.  

There are plenty more here - 

IMO, taking anything but offense at 23 AND 34 would be a complete lack of understanding of the league and a dereliction of duty.  

I believe if JD does that he will ultimately be a failure as a GM and will not get a second contract from the Jets.

I dunno man... i think you're gonna be disappointed. Ultimately if they "love" a player and grade them as such, that drives decision making - but a passionless gaze at the draft class will tell you that if you look at the top 100 players in the draft, you're gonna see a lot of defense between #20 and #40... that's just the make up of this class. Best you can hope for is an IOL pick and a trade back.

Like i said though, if the love someone, who knows.

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

The only  one that should be remotely thought of should be  CB and only if a good one falls.

If we pick a DE or a LB at 23 I'll be totally and utterly enraged.

OT's gone? Take the best center, center gone?  Take a guard.  Hell take a Wr or a RB

Value not there for you?  Trade down then take an olineman.

I'll lose my shi* if we take a DE or LB at 23.

17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The only  one that should be remotely thought of should be  CB and only if a good one falls.

If we pick a DE or a LB at 23 I'll be totally and utterly enraged.

OT's gone? Take the best center, center gone?  Take a guard.  Hell take a Wr or a RB

Value not there for you?  Trade down then take an olineman.

I'll lose my shi* if we take a DE or LB at 23.

we'll see... i'm just reading the tea leaves... I feel like at #23 he's looking for a week 1 starter. 

QB: 

• no

WR

• Marshall/Moore.... that's your best chance for a "splash" pick. I think that's pricey for Moore, and Marshall would have to displace crowder off the roster. Just don't see it - I WISH i did..... 

RB

• No.... and even at #34, would have to be because they fell in love with one the top 3... possible i guess.

OT

• I guess i havent' read enough about the OTs, but I see the 1st rnd talent at tackle being picked through by #23

IOL

• Again, is there a OG that's THAT much better at #23... i doubt it.

We'll see, but i would be prepared for Defensive picks from at least 2 of our 4 selections from #23-to-Rnd3

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

we'll see... i'm just reading the tea leaves... I feel like at #23 he's looking for a week 1 starter. 

QB: 

• no

WR

• Marshall/Moore.... that's your best chance for a "splash" pick. I think that's pricey for Moore, and Marshall would have to displace crowder off the roster. Just don't see it - I WISH i did..... 

RB

• No.... and even at #34, would have to be because they fell in love with one the top 3... possible i guess.

OT

• I guess i havent' read enough about the OTs, but I see the 1st rnd talent at tackle being picked through by #23

IOL

We'll see, but i would be prepared for Defensive picks from at least 2 of our 4 selections from #23-to-Rnd3

We’re going to pick Toney at 23 and your head is going to explode ?

41 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I dunno man... i think you're gonna be disappointed. Ultimately if they "love" a player and grade them as such, that drives decision making - but a passionless gaze at the draft class will tell you that if you look at the top 100 players in the draft, you're gonna see a lot of defense between #20 and #40... that's just the make up of this class. Best you can hope for is an IOL pick and a trade back.

Like i said though, if the love someone, who knows.

I agree with you.  I think JD will likely take a defensive player - but I can hope he doesn't.

Honestly, I truly feel that offense is not only a no brainer - it's the only thing to do.

if he doesn't go offense at 23 and 34 (or trade down or up and take offense) he's in over his head - and will ultimately be a failure.

Not because those picks will necessarily be bad, but just because he just doesn't get it!

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Paradis said:

QB: 

• no

WR

RB

OT

IOL

The least weak part of this team is dline so we went out and signed a high priced edge rusher and a pass rushing DT while still having a number of good players there.  We signed a speed linebacker very early in FA.

We have done nothing at oline at all, nothing at TE, nothing at CB.

If we do as you suggest might happen 2 of the top 4 on D players douglas instantly goes into the mcagnan light category of a guy pandering to his defensive head coach.

It will be fun to see the new franchise QB with no TE weapons, average Wrs and after the inevitable injury having fant at LT and feeney at guard.

If you are smart and light on your feet as Douglas is made out to be you find a way to get the positions you need.

Any dline or edge rusher or LB picks would be utter luxury picks.

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2021 at 9:04 AM, Warfish said:

Draft Day Cocktail:

1 & 1/2 oz. "Daily Drinker" Bourbon (not the kind you save for sipping neat).  I use Four Roses Small Batch usually.

1 & 1/2 oz. of Disaronno Italian Liqueur.

1 & 1/2 oz. of Averna Sicilian Amaro Liqueur.

A splash of Marachino Cherry syrup and two of the Cherries themselves.

Mix well, serve over a large block of ice.

Enjoy.  

Huge fan of that. It’s Mr. & Mrs. Sperm’s hands-down favorite, though more than half the stores up north don’t stock it. Single barrel in general can be hit or miss for obvious reasons, but I haven’t had a miss with theirs yet. 

But omg don’t waste it by mixing it with anything else, for the love of Sperm.