Moses Signing 1 yr deal with Jets

23 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When I read about Vlad's offseason work and how he was hitting the ball even harder, he became a priority to acquire in my money league.  Now I'm in 1st place, baby.  :) 

Living in Canada, he is ALL you heard about for awhile about baseball in Toronto.  Thing is, Bo Bichette walked in and played lights out over Guerrero. Those two, plus Biggio and Gurriel, the Jays have a pretty solid core for awhile (not to mention signing Springer if he ever plays).  But, like every team in baseball, it will come down to how the pitchers develop.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, flgreen said:

IMO, Fant has a very slim chance of moving to RG.  Keep in mind who Fant is.  He played 4 years of college basketball hoping to play in the NBA.  No NBA teams showed any interest.  Seattle send him a letter inviting him to try out as a TE.  Fant gained 40 pounds, and used his fifth year of  eligibility to learn how to play TE.  He caught 1 pass for 7 yards.

Seattle gave him his try out, and he was a natural as an inline blocking TE.  So much so that the Hawks converted him to LT.

Over the next two seasons Fant became, not a star, but an effective NFL LT, RT, and Blocking TE.  Valuable Guy.   Even more valuable for the Jets as all 3 are need positions.  Particularly if Becton isn't ready to play. 

I just don't see the Jets wasting the last year of his contract teaching him how to play RG.  There is a learning curve, and the Jets alredy have 4 guys competing for the RG spot.  One of them should be at least a "hold the fort guy".

In this O, with a rookie  QB, the Jets are going to run the ball  ALOT.  IMO, if Becton is ready to go, Fant will get quite a few snaps as a good blocking TE, and be a very effective swing T in case Becton can't play.  

Just seems like a much better use of resources then bringing a 5th guy in to compete for RG, who has never played the spot.

Nice post. I did not know that about him but makes a ton of sense in hindsight and is a logical back story to him not being worth the contract JD gave him .

Also completely agree re moving him to RG. If he's an above average purely blocking TE, than play him there. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Lith said:

Signed, sealed and delivered.  Moses is a Jet -- signed his contract this AM.

I know he's behind a desk, but he looks like he's in good shape.  A bit slimmer than I expected.  Everyone's talking about moving him to guard.  I was expecting a big slob to show up.

• Upvote 1