Moses Signing 1 yr deal with Jets

14 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

if we don't re-sign him we might get a comp pick the year after, no?

Moses is apparently betting on himself this upcoming season, and after this season, at 31 years old, if he plays well enough the Jets would be more than happy to sign him to a new 2 or 3 year deal, probably for very good money.  I think that is a real possibility.

Yes, if we don't resign him, we can get a comp pick, but I would rather have a solid right tackle for the next 2 years after this year, wouldn't you.  Also, Fant will be let go after this season, saving like 9M in cap space.  The money saved can go to Moses on a new deal.

If you asked me right now, I would say that the Jets will draft a shut down corner, wide receiver  or tight end and right guard between the 1st and 2nd rounds for next year.  Keeping Moses would allow the Jets not having to use a 1st round pick on a right tackle next year.   

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Alka said:

Moses is apparently betting on himself this upcoming season, and after this season, at 31 years old, if he plays well enough the Jets would be more than happy to sign him to a new 2 or 3 year deal, probably for very good money.  I think that is a real possibility.

Yes, if we don't resign him, we can get a comp pick, but I would rather have a solid right tackle for the next 2 years after this year, wouldn't you.  Also, Fant will be let go after this season, saving like 9M in cap space.  The money saved can go to Moses on a new deal.

If you asked me right now, I would say that the Jets will draft a shut down corner, wide receiver  or tight end and right guard between the 1st and 2nd rounds for next year.  Keeping Moses would allow the Jets not having to use a 1st round pick on a right tackle next year.   

ya if he plays great and gets nice offer from jets, you bank on notion he make friends, likes coaches etc and stays

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I feel this signing has some Damien Woody about it. Plus how does JD do it? One of the league’s better RT’s for peanuts.

Big Macc would have signed him to a 3 year 12 mill per contract.

Pete Kendall too . . .

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Drums said:

I am interested to see how the line plays out but with 1 extra game and dealing with injuries the last few years, depth is crucial. The oline turn around from when JD got here is amazing. 

Injuries are flukie but one point I’d like to make is players are less or more likely to gut it out depending on who their HC is. I wouldn’t play with a hangnail and risk my career for Gase. Any medical excuse not to play, I’d be taking it.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Mims played every  game of his Sophomore-Senior years in college. Those are a far greater indicator, and a greater sample size, than 1 year that was disrupted in practice ability because of COVID.

In the NFL he played 9 of 16 games. 

His injuries had nothing to do with COVID. 

Hopeful he can be that #1 WR we need for years to come. 

If not 2021 NFL Draft has a few top choices. 

24 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

comfort food is crazy down south,,, they cook w/ grease on every damn veggie, meat, bread etc...

I don't think it's a southern thing, but my favorite thing to  hear about is deep fried butter. 

"We hear  you like fat, so we took some fat, breaded it, and fried it in some more fat"

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

I have to admit I enjoyed "Boy Band QB" and "Ginger Surfer" equally

He’s a ginger boogie boarder. Huge red flag to be from Dana point and not be a surfer. No guts or alpha dog mentality IMHO and a huge red flag for Darnold coming out. It’s like somebody from cowboy country admitting he prefers the supermarket kiddie carousel to riding a horse. Yes I’m serious and I think I even mentioned it at the time.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

ya, I hear Jets fear he has 'Post Season Cant say No to Momma's Cooking' syndrome,,

Best thing would be for him not to go home and stay in NJ after season

Zero confidence in him or Mims. This past draft class seems a lot more into football so Im curious if Douglas tightened some things up in the scouting process.

8 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

I don't think it's a southern thing, but my favorite thing to  hear about is deep fried butter. 

"We hear  you like fat, so we took some fat, breaded it, and fried it in some more fat"

maybe not but a Mom who runs a comfort food catering business,,,ruhroh

You've spoken in the past about your mother's catering business. What is it about her career that is so special to you?
MB:
 Just everything. She's a careful mother, she always makes sure we have what we want. She puts us first before she puts herself. What more can you ask for? It's special to me because I've seen her from when she didn't have it started and now, she has it. I've seen her from ground zero and start from nothing, and now she's got her own business, so it's real special to me.

Do you plan to share your mom's cooking with your teammates?
MB:
 They've already asked me about it. They already said my mom has to come cook for the O-line room and she definitely would.

What is one of your favorite dishes she makes?
MB:
 She makes good mac 'n' cheese and she makes good fried chicken. There's too much to pick from honestly.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

He had Robbie but not much else and theres no debate his O line was very leaky.   I think he has a better overall group around him now so we dont have to grade him on a curve.

Locked in for future bumping 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

When did Zack need excuses?? Sam may have but not Zack..:blink:

Right, I'm sure they are getting his bust ready for Canton as we speak. 

So far he has proven he can play catch in shorts with some over weight coaches simulating pressure. We don't  know how he will play when when he is being chased NFL players but the OL is pretty much as close to being fixed now as it will be. He also has legit WR's and RB's. The only question is TE so if Zack fails, it won't  be because he didn't  have anyone around him as Darnold did not. 

3 hours ago, slats said:

I’ll be surprised and disappointed if JD goes OL in round one for the third straight year. He needs to fill out the line in other ways. Going DB early in this defense would be a severe departure and only happens if the CB experiment is nothing short of a disaster. Edge will have to be a priority, though. It’s the pass rush that makes this defense go, not the secondary. 

The WR corps in 2022 is Davis, Mims, Moore. Cole, Crowder, and Berrios are all free agents. It’s fair to question Mims’ health, he needs to do a lot better this season. I think WR and TE could be addressed in the first three rounds next year. 

I remember someone wanting to trade draft assets to WFT for the privilege of picking up his $10M salary, Joe Douglas waited until he was cut and paid him half that - and the. only if he plays 80% of the offensive snaps this year. Two very different situations. Trading would’ve been expensive and a little dumb, waiting was smart. 

Even worse were those saying we needed to cut Crowder to sign Moses.

Now we have both. Patience men. Patience 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

He had Robbie but not much else and theres no debate his O line was very leaky.   I think he has a better overall group around him now so we dont have to grade him on a curve.

I can carrels what he does wish him well except when playing the NY Jets. 

12 hours ago, jgb said:

Jets fans gonna be criticizing JD for “ignoring the defense in the draft” come October when we are losing some high scoring games. Been saying since January our defense is a lot farther from being fixed than offense.

That is just ludicrous. We had basically NO offense in January. I get it. Some people are still stuck in the 80s and only want to build the defense and win games 13-10. Not very realistic in today's NFL

1 hour ago, Alka said:

It will be sort of shocking if we ever take a 1st round CB in the first round under Saleh. Top CBs are almost always man corners which are not really required for our defense. Top Zone CBs can be had in rounds 3 and later.

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

That is just ludicrous. We had basically NO offense in January. I get it. Some people are still stuck in the 80s and only want to build the defense and win games 13-10. Not very realistic in today's NFL

It will be ludicrous 

4 hours ago, KRL said:

Until I see otherwise I believe Fant is going to RG.  Him moving inside
should be similar to playing RT with a TE on his shoulder.  It shouldn't
be that big of an adjustment, if anything his athletic ability could 
really make him an asset when moving in space

Well see.  Fant is an ideal RT in wide zone. I think Moses is more insurance  for Becton

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

It's not really a circle jerk. Just the run-of-the-mill fan hopefulness for a new season. You, on the other hand, are just peeing in everyone's Cheerios like a little baby because you spent the whole offseason assuring everyone the Jets were going to bring back Darnold. I believe you called everyone who disagreed "delusional." Hey, you can always become a Panthers fan,.

Oh Snap GIF by T-Pain

• Haha 3