"The Boys" Mafia - Season 1 - Game Over.. TOWN WINS!

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

it was originally supposed to be a trap for someone else to use by my dumbass thought it would be a good YOLO chance to save his character.

I was literally in the middle of my busiest part of the day just trying to keep a quick eye on deadline. I read his post and was like,” WTF, damn, now I got to pay attention.” 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

you had more confidence than I did. I thought we had it before nyn slipped the gun to JC. After that it was sketch

The rest of your team was terrible.  They played absolutely awful.  I mean, on one hand, it's hard to judge a scum team when I'm town because they stand no chance but this was like stupid easy.  80 and Dice might as well have shared a link the scum chat thread.

You were brilliant. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

The rest of your team was terrible.  They played absolutely awful.  I mean, on one hand, it's hard to judge a scum team when I'm town because they stand no chance but this was like stupid easy.  80 and Dice might as well have shared a link the scum chat thread.

You were brilliant. 

meh - I steered us the wrong direction against their judgement a few times. thanks though.

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

btw we just dreamed that reveal up. just so happen to match something jvill gave out

Haha, really? I thought he may have told you guys someone was looking for Homelander. It was like word for word with my pm. Only part missing was about the bag of vaginas. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, The Crusher said:

Haha, really? I thought he may have told you guys someone was looking for Homelander. It was like word for word with my pm. Only part missing was about the bag of vaginas. 

yea nolderp/dice's role was looking for popclaw and we earned an extra kill to take her out if we found her. So we figured someone on town was looking for something and just made an educated guess who it would be.

31 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Great job boys, heck of job at the end Ape.  

I had my money on Barry. lol

Safe bet. I’m notoriously a bad closer, but nobody pitches the first 7 like an ape. Just glad I didn’t eff it up, credit to @Jetscode1 for owning the confirmed position and setting the pace. It helped town significantly.

31 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Awesome game jville.  Sorry I dominated it. 

LOL, I’m glad I kept feeding ya, and feeding ya…. love it.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

yea nolderp/dice's role was looking for popclaw and we earned an extra kill to take her out if we found her. So we figured someone on town was looking for something and just made an educated guess who it would be.

Scum team, and you in particular Barry, did a great job identifying the power roles and certain mechanics early and often. If you guys played as well in the game thread as you did in the QT you win

18 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You were brilliant. 

If I had claimed Doc like I was thinking about doing this could have been a very different ballgame.

And Dice played well.  Any time a game comes down to lylo, the scum team at least did a few things right. You, Ape, and the rest of town was simply better and earned the W.

15 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You were brilliant. 

He saved his best for the final scene. Early in, I was all over him, but by attaching himself so tightly to Nyn and dice in logic, he started to blur out for me.

Ultimately, it came down to knowing I irritated him enough early that he’d carry me to end game out of spite. I cannot tell you how many times scum has done that to me… I’m a dick.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

If I had claimed Doc like I was planning to this could have been a very different ballgame.

And Dice played well.  Any time a game comes down to lylo, the scum team at least did a few things right. 

Totally right, getting lynched in D1 and D2, then shot, then lynched a couple more times… town nearly played perfect, and almost lost. Our percentages on hitting scum were great. Something was off, but I don’t care it was a blast.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

He saved his best for the final scene. Early in, I was all over him, but by attaching himself so tightly to Nyn and dice in logic, he started to blur out for me.

Ultimately, it came down to knowing I irritated him enough early that he’d carry me to end game out of spite. I cannot tell you how many times scum has done that to me… I’m a dick.

I legit was getting annoyed w/the whole "barry is following nyn" thing because I was giving my own thoughts and not trying to follow her. Maybe subconsciously I somehow was doing some of that but when I looked back at the sus on you in particular it was me who was on it first. 

There was literally zero thought about carrying you to end game. It just came down to what roles were most dangerous and you weren't confirmed town or a PR so far as we knew. It did cross my mind that I was going to bump your post that said "if you're scum you should kill me" if we won though. ?

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If I had claimed Doc like I was thinking about doing this could have been a very different ballgame.

And Dice played well.  Any time a game comes down to lylo, the scum team at least did a few things right. You, Ape, and the rest of town was simply better and earned the W.

yup - and I was the one who talked you into the f'n homelander claim instead of doc. If we knew there was no doc obviously would have been a no brainer.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Totally right, getting lynched in D1 and D2, then shot, then lynched a couple more times… town nearly played perfect, and almost lost. Our percentages on hitting scum were great. Something was off, but I don’t care it was a blast.

True, if you guys don’t lynch Beaver it might have been a runaway win for scum. But scum also didn’t miss on any of their night kills - hit PRs each time and the two potential vests never came into play. A missed shot or two or offing a VT or two instead of confirmable townies and it could have swung right back.

20 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I legit was getting annoyed w/the whole "barry is following nyn" thing because I was giving my own thoughts and not trying to follow her. Maybe subconsciously I somehow was doing some of that but when I looked back at the sus on you in particular it was me who was on it first. 

There was literally zero thought about carrying you to end game. It just came down to what roles were most dangerous and you weren't confirmed town or a PR so far as we knew. It did cross my mind that I was going to bump your post that said "if you're scum you should kill me" if we won though. ?

?

5 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

True, if you guys don’t lynch Beaver it might have been a runaway win for scum. But scum also didn’t miss on any of their night kills - hit PRs each time and the two potential vests never came into play. A missed shot or two or offing a VT or two instead of confirmable townies and it could have swung right back.

Possibly, but scum rarely misses NKs in most setups. It all worked out great, either way.

On 7/18/2021 at 10:41 AM, Integrity28 said:

Yep. We see it the same. Our love language is scum hunting.

Also, this was my favorite post of the thread - even though Jif went on to dog me in the dead thread. 

That’s why he’ll always be a bottom.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

it was awfully tempting, I must admit. ?

I had enough to drink that day to vote myself the first time I gave notice..I knew it was slim chance I didn't get lynched and Ape was so campy on me from the beaver vote and then on that everyone started saying the same sh*t as Ape. Ape kind of mind controlled them all into lynching a "too clean" townie... lol

im standing at the grill drinking beer refreshing the game going someone just get me to L1... ha

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

hahaha... man I was on it then... 

On 7/21/2021 at 3:47 PM, Stark said:

It is very specific and it’s also 80 which is what he would do. 

however in the show homelander would be the main bad guy if it’s just supers in the game. 

On 7/21/2021 at 4:13 PM, Stark said:

Well here’s where 80 is doing 80 things. In other games he’s come up with fairly elaborate false claims that do have a great fit with the content and the action/ability  is the weird part. 

if he’s telling the truth he’s valuable 

On 7/21/2021 at 5:44 PM, Stark said:

Right but the votes had peeled off of 80 so he points out 80 is faking a role similar to his. To keep town from a mis lynch 

my issue is 80s find/he dies part of his claim. Also I have seen 80 make similar claims in past games when I was his scum team

On 7/21/2021 at 5:52 PM, Stark said:

I mean apply to 80. Under pressure trying to out a town PR  on his way out. 

On 7/21/2021 at 5:55 PM, Stark said:

Still hung up on this once 80 finds homelander he dies. 

doesn’t that typ of role typically find “player x” and kill them the next night?

On 7/21/2021 at 5:59 PM, Stark said:

Question say 80 is Homelander and knows a townie is looking for him…. Thus 80s claim to try to out that player at L2

On 7/22/2021 at 9:06 PM, Stark said:

say we went "no Lynch" there would have been no confirmation of 80's character... granted 80 confirmed his character on his own like a milk drunk newb. 

On 7/22/2021 at 9:29 PM, Stark said:

not sure what happened to you to focus on me but you wrong..

Just going off of 80's play and his reads... we all know he makes a list and busses at least 1 or 2 scum to give him town credit.. his top 3 were you, spoot, and Barry.... he said toss in JC at some point. so it wouldn't be horrible to look there except you can probably leave out JC unless you just don't read the game. of all those people, spoot is confirmed town, Barry was defending spoot to 80, which could just be scum team playing it up, and then theirs you. 

sometimes you make plays to get reactions, right? sometimes I do as well... my poking the last few hours of D2 were to see if anyone would bite on anything with the nyn/spoot case. at that point the entire game was basically dead, no posting or anything. I had spoot as a town read so its not as if I was just being a "moron" taking the easy case. I was trying to get people to play/see if anyone moved or said anything dumb.

believe it if you want, but ffs you gotta chill and let people do some sh*t their way because there isn't just one way to play this game

NOlder/Dice was 80s first vote out the gate which is meta for him to place a vote on his teammate right away and then move. does that mean he did so in this case, no. however dice was on something at the end of the last day so its worth the votes..

Dice/APE/Barry/Kdels/JiF/Green/Nyn/JC

this is how I would have it right now... in that order. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

This game was so fun and well played I’d play one more before the season started. Minus the drop outs this game was great on every level. 

if there is one more before the break I will find a way to play

• Upvote 2