Training Camp Updates - Tues Aug 3

Lith

How many pages in this thread now are devoted to arguing about how bad we are going to be because after a few practices some of us have decided that Becton sucks and the world is coming to an end because we don't have Nick ******* Foles as a backup?

And ya'll wonder why guys like Mehta and Cimini did nothing but write trash articles ragging on the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, IndianaJet said:

How pages in this thread now are devoted to arguing about how bad we are going to be because after a few practices some of us have decided that Becton sucks and the world is coming to an end because we don't have Nick ******* Foles as a backup?

No one said anything like this. Stop. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Seriously?  Half of yesterday's posts were on these two topics alone.  Maybe not all were regarding Foles, but post after post hand wringing about the need for a veteran back up QB.  

No one was saying that Becton sucks.

No one was saying we're going to suck because we don't have Nick Foles.

Again. Stop.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

1.  White and Morgan are not Luke Falk and not in a good way. Remember, Douglas chose Falk over starting White. White's not any more of a viable option to start a game now then he was 2 years ago. 

2. I never said they had to go out and get one right now. Specifically, I said "going into the season". 

If you still think your argument makes sense than ok, we can disagree. I simply believe going into the season without a viable backup is an unforced error that is easily rectified at such a low cost that it doesn't make sense. 

13 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Ok - Hope it works.  I don't get the obsession this team has always had with handing rookies (and then young QBs) the keys without having to earn it, and having no Plan B when that QB sucked.

The combined NFL starting experience of the Jets QB room is 0 games.

I kinda fall on this side, too. In particular because the team seemed dissatisfied with them as options when Wilson was still unsigned and they were then looking to bring in a couple veterans. 

The goal is to win games, yes. Also I get the idea that they're not expected to contend this year so we're less worried about one less win being the difference in a WC slot. But in losses (or wins that "matter") I don't agree with the idea that a very young, developing team is no better off with a functional offense that scores 14-24 ppg vs scoring 0-10ppg. There are other players on the team to develop and judge, against live opponents who are trying, other than Wilson.

If the coaches truly believe that Morgan or White can look like a legitimate NFL QB for games at a time, of course that's the best outcome. The early reports - and it is still early yet, before the first preseason game - seem to infer that neither really looks the part, even against the 2s/3s. This roster's got better receiver depth than secondary depth, and better pass-protection than pass-rushing depth, so imo at least one of them should be crushing it regularly.

There's time left, and yes Morgan in particular was expected to be raw, but if there isn't serious, tangible improvement then imo they should be making other arrangements, and not only if/after Wilson gets injured during the season.

• Upvote 1