Unconfirmed Report: Urban Meyer Considering Resigning from Jags

Vudu

Imo says a lot about Lawrence… he was billed as the Qb who would hit the ground running day, one starter, 100% guaranteed franchise quarterback like a Watson, Russell Wilson, Andrew luck etc.

Now he has the kid, witnessed him against nfl talent and he goes “uh oh this is no Patrick mahomes and I’m stuck in Jacksonville?!”

I know I willl get killed for this but if Urban relly felt Trevor was this franchise changing QB he would be all in with this team.

Franchise QBs carry teams in this modern day nfl 

34 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Is there? I haven't seen anything outside of a reddit post on it. Nothing from major outlets.

I was listening to ESPN U on Sirius radio this morning with coach Neuheisel and he said it’s a distinct possibility.  A lot will have to do with how successful he is with the Jags come December.  

And another division rival saw how bad Rex Ryan was 2x a year and still hired him as their HC for a couple seasons.  At least they were smart enough to cut him loose quickly.
Rex couldn't even get a HC interview with Miami U a few years back.  Who knows if/when Gase will ever get another NFL coaching gig of any kind.

Rex is the most successful coach in our history, sad isnt

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Thumb Down 2

17 hours ago, JTJet said:

I highly HIGHLY doubt this is true. 

USC probably wouldnt even entertain him if he was willing to bail on the Jags immediately. 

Not to mention his reputation would be forever damaged. 

He's Urban ****n Meyer. He's like the Lombardi of college coaching. He can do whatever and he still sh*ts gold to college programs.

Why do so many Jets Fans get all excited over fake reporting on non-news sites about the downfall of some other team's Head Coach?

Why does Urban Meyer matter, in any way, to us?

And why are so many Jets Fans seemingly invested in his failure, in as dramatic as fashion as possible?

Did Meyer date yall's girls in college or something?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why do so many Jets Fans get all excited over fake reporting on non-news sites about the downfall of some other team's Head Coach?

Why does Urban Meyer matter, in any way, to us?

And why are so many Jets Fans seemingly invested in his failure, in as dramatic as fashion as possible?

Did Meyer date yall's girls in college or something?

Schadenfreude is all we have, dude.  

Plus all season last year we had to listen to one idiot talking head after another talk about how Trevor Lawrence should stay in school to avoid the Jets, only to end up in a dumpster fire like Jacksonville.  Should we care about that either?  Probably not.  But it is funny to see how Jacksonville may well be the bigger circus at the moment.