Unconfirmed Report: Urban Meyer Considering Resigning from Jags

Vudu

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

I highly HIGHLY doubt this is true. 

USC probably wouldnt even entertain him if he was willing to bail on the Jags immediately. 

Not to mention his reputation would be forever damaged. 

Can someone say "Saban" even though he stayed longer

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

I highly HIGHLY doubt this is true. 

USC probably wouldnt even entertain him if he was willing to bail on the Jags immediately. 

Not to mention his reputation would be forever damaged. 

Bobby Petrino quit 13 games into his only season with the Falcons in 2007.  He resigned by leaving a note on the lockers of the players.

He immediately got hired by Arkansas the next season.  

Granted, he resigned from that post after an adultery scandal in 2012 with an Arkansas athletics employee, but still.  He got an SEC post right after his cowardly resignation from the Falcons and lasted there for 4 seasons.  He even got a 3rd chance with a P5, coaching at Louisville from 2014-18, sandwiched by stints at Western Kentucky (1 year) and Missouri State (his current post, 2nd season).  

Maybe USC wouldn't be the ones to hire Urban Meyer.  But even if Meyer resigned today after just 1 game with the Jaguars, he'd be getting hired by a quality P5 program mere months later.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Bobby Petrino quit 13 games into his only season with the Falcons in 2007.  He resigned by leaving a note on the lockers of the players.

Granted, he resigned from that post after an adultery scandal in 2012 with an Arkansas athletics employee, but still.  He got an SEC post right after his cowardly resignation from the Falcons and lasted there for 4 seasons.  He even got a 3rd chance with a P5, coaching at Louisville from 2014-18, sandwiched by stints at Western Kentucky (1 year) and Missouri State (his current post, 2nd season).  

Maybe USC wouldn't be the ones to hire Urban Meyer.  But even if Meyer resigned today after just 1 game with the Jaguars, he'd be getting hired by a quality P5 program mere months later.  

He sure will.

Hell, some dumbass team recently hired a googly eyed moron who just dismantled a division opponent right before their very eyes. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, freestater said:

He sure will.

Hell, some dumbass team recently hired a googly eyed moron who just dismantled a division opponent right before their very eyes. 

And another division rival saw how bad Rex Ryan was 2x a year and still hired him as their HC for a couple seasons.  At least they were smart enough to cut him loose quickly.

Rex couldn't even get a HC interview with Miami U a few years back.  Who knows if/when Gase will ever get another NFL coaching gig of any kind.

• Upvote 1

i dont think it would happen now, but after the season, you never know.

but if he did leave, what does that say about Trevor? nobody knows what kind of player he is better that Urban. if he is suppose to be some generational QB wouldn't he want to stay? lots of playoff games and maybe Super Bowls in your future.

if he goes then maybe Trevor isnt all that great. 

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

7 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Lou Holtz says hi. 

This was all from a different era, yes even Petrino. 

The age of social media is upon us and the absolute fear of negative PR dominates companies thinking from top to bottom. 

If this were to happen, considering Myers history, the NFLs influence today, and the situation Trevor was just brought into, the negative media would be absolutely relentless from ESPN, Twitter, and sports talk radio, and dont think these corporate entities dont take all that into account these days. 

Yes I could see USC doing it anyways, but again, I highly highly doubt it. Especially after the last few years they have had, the last thing they need is Urban to come in and roll out on them 2 years later. 

7 minutes ago, JTJet said:

The age of social media is upon us and the absolute fear of negative PR dominates companies thinking from top to bottom. 

If this were to happen, considering Myers history, the NFLs influence today, and the situation Trevor was just brought into, the negative media would be absolutely relentless from ESPN, Twitter, and sports talk radio, and dont think these corporate entities dont take all that into account these days. 

Yes I could see USC doing it anyways, but again, I highly highly doubt it. Especially after the last few years they have had, the last thing they need is Urban to come in and roll out on them 2 years later. 

Negative PR can be spun.  Some P5 out there would be able to sell it to the boosters/university.  After a few months no one would care how Meyer quit his NFL job. 

Some big program out there would see the upside of having Meyer, even for just a few years, over an alternative coaching option.  Especially since Meyer has proven to leave behind decent coaching trees.  Ryan Day is doing just fine at Ohio State.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, JTJet said:

He'll have another,  uh, "health issue" and run away. Again.

That hypocrite coached Aaron Hernandez  and the Pouncey boyz on his squad and pretended they were choirboys.

Dudes as filthy as Tom Osborne,  he just pops smoke quick. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, KO91 said:

Trevor Lawrence should stay in school if the Jets get the #1 pick. The Jags would be so much better. 

Given the wonderful offensive line Joe Douglas has assembled, TL would be just as bad off with the Jets as he would with the Jags,  What I saw from the Joe Douglas offensive line yesterday was every bit as bad as the days of Anthony Cement / Adrian Clarke offensive line.  HE;s has three years and they still have the worst line in the NFL.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Given the wonderful offensive line Joe Douglas has assembled, TL would be just as bad off with the Jets as he would with the Jags,  What I saw from the Joe Douglas offensive line yesterday was every bit as bad as the days of Anthony Cement / Adrian Clarke offensive line.  HE;s has three years and they still have the worst line in the NFL.  

I feel bad for Zach. Poor kid is going to take a beating this year 

• Upvote 1