2022 New York Mets thread

Scott Dierking

3 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Just curious. It was 10 going into Friday, Mets won, braves lost. Shouldn’t it be good ole number 8? Or am I doing that wrong 

I was off by a game. 

Really thought after the 1st inning we were going to roll. What’s up with deGrom lately. Players are catching up to his fastball (amazingly) and laying off the slider. Needs to mix in a 3rd pitch. 

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I was off by a game. 

Really thought after the 1st inning we were going to roll. What’s up with deGrom lately. Players are catching up to his fastball (amazingly) and laying off the slider. Needs to mix in a 3rd pitch. 

I sign in after a win lately just to catch the magic number from you 

As for deGrom, I dunno today was completely out of character but so was the whole game, as they mentioned in the broadcast, The As are one of the worst defensive teams in the league but you wouldn’t know that from today. They were making great plays all over the plac e

7 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

I sign in after a win lately just to catch the magic number from you 

I’ll try and do better. Math is a weakness. ?

6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Man, next weekend is gonna be ******* good. I love it. 162 games and it can always still come down to the last week. 

Having that bye would mean an awful lot to getting Marte healthy and our veteran pitching staff & home field advantage. The fans deserve that potential extra game. 

On 9/25/2022 at 5:46 AM, 32EBoozer said:

Having that bye would mean an awful lot to getting Marte healthy and our veteran pitching staff & home field advantage. The fans deserve that potential extra game. 

It would also likely mean that we only have to go through one of Atlanta or the Dodgers in the post season.

• Sympathy 1

Seeing some soeculation that the seires could be moved out of Atlanta due to the Hurricance.  NOAA path has it coming through Atlanta area in Friday-Saturday time frame.  From an article I just read:

https://calltothepen.com/2022/09/26/hurricane-ian-impact-atlanta-braves-series-new-york-mets/

As it turns out, the biggest story that weekend may not be on the diamond. Hurricane Ian is strengthening in the Gulf of Mexico and is expected to hit Florida, making landfall anywhere from the Tampa Bay area to the Panhandle, either late Wednesday or early Thursday morning. From there, it would slowly move north, hammering Georgia by Friday.

This leaves Major League Baseball with a nightmare scenario. As this series is important to the playoff hunt, they have to find a way to play those three games. However, it may not be feasible to play in Atlanta as it is an open air stadium and, with the storm expected to be overhead, it would not have been safe to play anyway.

There are possible options. Both teams are off on Thursday, so the league could look to have the series begin that day, take the next two days off for the storm, and play a doubleheader on Sunday. The Rangers are also on the road this coming weekend, allowing for the possibility of a neutral site series with a dome in case of rain. There are options, even if neither is perfect.

What is clear is that the league is rapidly running out of time to decide how to handle this series. Unless the storm continues to track further west, sparring Georgia but hitting the Gulf Coast instead, they will need to find another venue for this series. Unless they play with the schedule, but even then, there is no guarantee that Truist Park will be in any shape to host a game on Sunday.

10 hours ago, Lith said:

Seeing some soeculation that the seires could be moved out of Atlanta due to the Hurricance.  NOAA path has it coming through Atlanta area in Friday-Saturday time frame.  From an article I just read:

https://calltothepen.com/2022/09/26/hurricane-ian-impact-atlanta-braves-series-new-york-mets/

As it turns out, the biggest story that weekend may not be on the diamond. Hurricane Ian is strengthening in the Gulf of Mexico and is expected to hit Florida, making landfall anywhere from the Tampa Bay area to the Panhandle, either late Wednesday or early Thursday morning. From there, it would slowly move north, hammering Georgia by Friday.

This leaves Major League Baseball with a nightmare scenario. As this series is important to the playoff hunt, they have to find a way to play those three games. However, it may not be feasible to play in Atlanta as it is an open air stadium and, with the storm expected to be overhead, it would not have been safe to play anyway.

There are possible options. Both teams are off on Thursday, so the league could look to have the series begin that day, take the next two days off for the storm, and play a doubleheader on Sunday. The Rangers are also on the road this coming weekend, allowing for the possibility of a neutral site series with a dome in case of rain. There are options, even if neither is perfect.

What is clear is that the league is rapidly running out of time to decide how to handle this series. Unless the storm continues to track further west, sparring Georgia but hitting the Gulf Coast instead, they will need to find another venue for this series. Unless they play with the schedule, but even then, there is no guarantee that Truist Park will be in any shape to host a game on Sunday.

I'd be all for minimizing HFA. Citi Field should be offered at no cost to Atlanta. They can keep all the profits after salaries & other expenses taken out.... we keep concessions. ? We are so generous.

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

I'd be all for minimizing HFA. Citi Field should be offered at no cost to Atlanta. They can keep all the profits after salaries & other expenses taken out.... we keep concessions. ? We are so generous.

For selfish reasons, I hope they look to Chicago.  Sox are on the road.  Weekend on the South Side would sound pretty good to me.  Although if they move the games -- I would guess they would keep them down south.  Texas, and Miami are both on the road.  I think those would be most likely spots.  It would be either that or the Thursday doubleheader, Sunday single game option in Atlanta.  

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

For selfish reasons, I hope they look to Chicago.  Sox are on the road.  Weekend on the South Side would sound pretty good to me.  Although if they move the games -- I would guess they would keep them down south.  Texas, and Miami are both on the road.  I think those would be most likely spots.  It would be either that or the Thursday doubleheader, Sunday single game option in Atlanta.  

Really, it would probably be Miami. They are not home and the Braves play there on Monday any way.

32 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Really, it would probably be Miami. They are not home and the Braves play there on Monday any way.

More Mets fans in Miami than Braves fans. I'm all for that! 

19 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Let's face it, even if the Marlins were at home, they could probably still have the game there and Mets/Braves would get more people than the Marlins would.

2 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

They never make it easy 

Unfortunately, odds are now that we will be the wildcard.  The Marlins were among the worst teams we could've played right now.  They own us in games that are crucial for us where they have nothing to play for.  Plus the Braves have owned us over the years in Atlanta.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Unfortunately, odds are now that we will be the wildcard.  The Marlins were among the worst teams we could've played right now.  They own us in games that are crucial for us where they have nothing to play for.  Plus the Braves have owned us over the years in Atlanta.  

I have felt this way for a while.  Still hoping we go into Atlanta and at least take 2 of 3 and leave in control of our destiny, but I am expecting wild card.  Either way, its all about what happens in the post season, although these next few days will heavily influence our chances in the post season.

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

40 minutes ago, Lith said:

I have felt this way for a while.  Still hoping we go into Atlanta and at least take 2 of 3 and leave in control of our destiny, but I am expecting wild card.  Either way, its all about what happens in the post season, although these next few days will heavily influence our chances in the post season.

**** that noise, we are winning the division. The braves caught us not cause we are playing bad. The braves have been on a tear since the all star break. Hoping the trend of the Mets playing up to there opposition stays 

(man I hope I’m right lol)

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Anthony Jet said:

**** that noise, we are winning the division. The braves caught us not cause we are playing bad. The braves have been on a tear since the all star break. Hoping the trend of the Mets playing up to there opposition stays 

(man I hope I’m right lol)

I hope you're right.  The Braves haven't lost in like 2 months.  They're due!

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I hope you're right.  The Braves haven't lost in like 2 months.  They're due!

Only thing that bothers me a little right now is it seems (no stats to back this up) that the Mets have been relying on the long ball these passed couple weeks   Feel like that’s not our game. Also feel like Marte being out has hurt mother than it would show on the stats sheet. 

If we had to go down to the wire and play for first. As a met fan born in early eighties. It’s the braves id wanna beat. Those Chipper jones teams ripped our hearts out yearly I feel like. Not to mention,Chipper Jones, who I respect as much as you can respect a rival, names his kid shea (which is awesome in its own right). No team I’d love to beat out for first place then the braves. Phillies and chase utley be dammed 

3 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Hope you are right.  It is just that I have been a Mets, Jets, Islanders fan for so long that I am conditioned to expect the worst, but hope for the best.  36 years without a championship -- it is hard to have the bravado that other fans enjoy.  

Gerogia's national cahmpionship was not enough to change my SOJ, SOI or SOM mentality.