2022 New York Mets thread

Scott Dierking

2 hours ago, section314 said:

4-4 on the road against two of the hottest teams in MLB. With a pitching staff right now that not even their mothers would recognize. Only lost 1.5 games and still lead by 4. This team is tough as nails and always find a way. Enjoy the show guys.?

They have the easiest schedule in baseball after they get through LA. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Gramsci said:

I would like to thank the Mets front office for Pete Crow-Armstrong. What a stud! 

I think he’s playing A ball right now. Maybe A+
Lets wait and see. 
Fans complained that we didn’t offer up young talent for players to help this season. 

Fans also complain that we traded PC-W 

September 21 GIF by Earth, Wind & Fire

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I think he’s playing A ball right now. Maybe A+
Lets wait and see. 
Fans complained that we didn’t offer up young talent for players to help this season. 

Fans also complain that we traded PC-W 

September 21 GIF by Earth, Wind & Fire

His numbers are good as you suggest. Still just high A ball. While it would have been nice to keep PCW, the Mets also have Alex Ramirez, also at high A ball, who is a top prospect at CF.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

His numbers are good as you suggest. Still just high A ball. While it would have been nice to keep PCW, the Mets also have Alex Ramirez, also at high A ball, who is a top prospect at CF.

I wouldn't be surprise to see him play for the Cubs late next year. It's impressive how they manage to get that for Baez and Williams.

On 8/22/2022 at 5:41 PM, Gramsci said:

I would like to thank the Mets front office for Pete Crow-Armstrong. What a stud! 

Makes me sick.  And "El Mago" couldn't wait to give Met fans the finger (and, yes, I know Lindor did it too and probably started it and they're close friends, etc).  Was so happy the Mets didn't re-sign him.

It appears the Mets thread has lost a lot of steam. 

Good win last night although we left a lot of runs out on the base paths last night. 

Diaz hasn’t been sharp last few outings… too many base runners on base paths. Hoping to see “LIVE NARCO” played tomorrow. 

Voglebach on the base paths is a killer when playing small ball. 

Our chances of going deep into October rest with Lugo & Ottavino (7th & 8th)

Cant wait for Guillorme to get back. Baty not ready for prime time yet. 90% of teams get big power #’s out of their 3rd baseman, LF and catchers. Not us. 

2 games up with 36 to go. 
Harry Potter Yes GIF by Sky

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

It appears the Mets thread has lost a lot of steam. 

Good win last night although we left a lot of runs out on the base paths last night. 

Diaz hasn’t been sharp last few outings… too many base runners on base paths. Hoping to see “LIVE NARCO” played tomorrow. 

Voglebach on the base paths is a killer when playing small ball. 

Our chances of going deep into October rest with Lugo & Ottavino (7th & 8th)

Cant wait for Guillorme to get back. Baty not ready for prime time yet. 90% of teams get big power #’s out of their 3rd baseman, LF and catchers. Not us. 

2 games up with 36 to go. 
Harry Potter Yes GIF by Sky

How much longer is Buck gonna let this bum Nimmo stay in the lineup? He is killing this team. 

On 8/23/2022 at 5:02 PM, Scott Dierking said:

Who knows. Baseball is littered with guys that smashed A and AA and nothing comes from it. Remember when the Mets were idiots for giving up Dilson Herrera for Jay Bruce? Has Michael Fulmer done anything in like 5-6 years? Even letting Kelenic go isn’t looking like the disaster it once appeared to be. 

10 hours ago, section314 said:

How much longer is Buck gonna let this bum Nimmo stay in the lineup? He is killing this team. 

Working that walk in the 9th last night became the winning run. The fact that ha has not successfully stolen a base in the lead off spot irks me. Boy do I miss Mookie. 

Although Nimmo said Mets want him back, it would need to be on a team friendly deal. 

No speed at the top of the order, no reliable power in the middle (sans Alonso) & missing left handed, reliable relievers in BP. 

We are a patchwork team not built proper like the Braves & Dodgers. We do have heart and grind until the last out ?

Thank goodness for Marte, McNeill and Cahna. They are outplaying their contracts. 

14 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Working that walk in the 9th last night became the winning run. The fact that ha has not successfully stolen a base in the lead off spot irks me. Boy do I miss Mookie. 

Although Nimmo said Mets want him back, it would need to be on a team friendly deal. 

No speed at the top of the order, no reliable power in the middle (sans Alonso) & missing left handed, reliable relievers in BP. 

We are a patchwork team not built proper like the Braves & Dodgers. We do have heart and grind until the last out ?

Thank goodness for Marte, McNeill and Cahna. They are outplaying their contracts. 

Cahna has been so clutch it's ridiculous and I swear McNeil is batting .400 in August.  That was a huge win last night because apparently, the Braves arent allowed to lose games anymore this season.  I loathe them with all my heart.

23 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

That was a huge win last night because apparently, the Braves arent allowed to lose games anymore this season.  I loathe them with all my heart.

Agreed. A thorn in our side for wayyyy too long. I admire and hate them simultaneously. 

No team drafts and develops players better than Braves & Dodgers. 

No team manages contracts better than Braves. Signing Harris, Acuna, Reilly early to forego paying astronomical contracts in future. 

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Agreed. A thorn in our side for wayyyy too long. I admire and hate them simultaneously. 

No team drafts and develops players better than Braves & Dodgers. 

No team manages contracts better than Braves. Signing Harris, Acuna, Reilly early to forego paying astronomical contracts in future. 

Sometimes I wonder if I hate the Braves more than I love the Mets.  It's certainly easier, that's for sure.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

They've basically created the blueprint for how to build a superstar franchise if you're not a "top of the market" type team (like the Dodgers, Yanks, and Mets).  I can't stand the Braves but I have to admire how they do business.  

13 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Who knows. Baseball is littered with guys that smashed A and AA and nothing comes from it. Remember when the Mets were idiots for giving up Dilson Herrera for Jay Bruce? Has Michael Fulmer done anything in like 5-6 years? Even letting Kelenic go isn’t looking like the disaster it once appeared to be. 

He has an official line of clothing and apparel. 

https://shop.kelenic.com/

The Mets just surprise retired #24 for Willie Mays and there isn’t a dry eye in the stands from older Mets fans at the Mets Old-Timers Day game.

My father made me watch highlights of the Say-Hey Kid when I was little.  This is an incredible moment for me as a Mets fan, as those are some of my favorite memories growing up.  I can’t say enough great things about what Steve Cohen has done to bring respect back to this franchise.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

The Mets just surprise retired #24 for Willie Mays and there isn’t a dry eye in the stands from older Mets fans at the Mets Old-Timers Day game.

My father made me watch highlights of the Say-Hey Kid when I was little.  This is an incredible moment for me as a Mets fan, as those are some of my favorite memories growing up.  I can’t say enough great things about what Steve Cohen has done to bring respect back to this franchise.

When I was about 9 or 10 years old., we went on a family trip to California.  Mets were in SF while we were out there, so we caught a Mets-Giants game at Candlestick Park.  Mays was still playing for the Giants.  I don't remember much about the game, other than Mays having a great game as the Giants won.  That is the best memory I have of Mays, not as a breaking down 40 year old.  But for that one game, he was young again and I got to see what made him great.

I just looked up the box score for the game.  Friday night in August of 1971.  Mays was 3-3, double, triple and a stolen base.  2 runs scored and a RBI as the Giants won 7-3.  That game has stuck in my mind 50+ years later.  I always remember Mays from that night, not the guy who would finish his career the next two seasons with the Mets.  As a side note, the Giants starting pticher that night who threw a complete game to beat the Mets was another HOFer, Gaylord Perry.  Pretty good memory.

• Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I will be 65 later this year, and as a young guy growing up, Willie was my hero. My Dad was an old NY Giants baseball fan, so I learned at a very early age just how special Willie was to a city, and baseball in general.Dad became a Met fan like so many other Giant fans did, and they are the only team I’ve ever rooted for. My dad and I went to many games every year, and two of them were always when the Giants would come to town.

In 1972, when Willie came home, I felt like the luckiest guy on earth. I was fortunate enough to have been invited in late September,1973, in the heat of a pennant race, to Willie Mays night at Shea.It was a game against the Expos, and was huge. We were 1 1/2 games out. It was a great pregame, and when Willie spoke, I felt like part of my life was ending. I was 15. At the end of his speech, he said, as he pointed to the Met dugout “ when I see these kids over here fighting for a pennant, and I can’t really help, it tells me one thing. Willie, say goodbye to America.” I cried like a baby. Same reaction today.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

23 minutes ago, Lith said:

When I was about 9 or 10 years old., we went on a family trip to California.  Mets were in SF while we were out there, so we caught a Mets-Giants game at Candlestick Park.  Mays was still playing for the Giants.  I don't remember much about the game, other than Mays having a great game as the Giants won.  That is the best memory I have of Mays, not as a breaking down 40 year old.  But for that one game, he was young again and I got to see what made him great.

I just looked up the box score for the game.  Friday night in August of 1971.  Mays was 3-3, double, triple and a stolen base.  2 runs scored and a RBI as the Giants won 7-3.  That game has stuck in my mind 50+ years later.  I always remember Mays from that night, not the guy who would finish his career the next two seasons with the Mets.  As a side note, the Giants starting pticher that night who threw a complete game to beat the Mets was another HOFer, Gaylord Perry.  Pretty good memory.

Love this. Tnx for sharing.

• Sympathy 1