Jump to content

2022 New York Mets thread


Scott Dierking
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, JiFapono said:

over before it started. 

i hate this ******* team, i really really do

3 runs down with 6 more turns at bat is certainly doable.  No hits so far against this pitcher but it'll be the 2nd time around the order so hopefully they'll have him timed better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

3 runs down with 6 more turns at bat is certainly doable.  No hits so far against this pitcher but it'll be the 2nd time around the order so hopefully they'll have him timed better.

they suck and wont score a run like a typical Mets team. only the Mets, 100 wins, lose the division, get knocked out of the playoffs at home first round

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The keynote of first part of season was Mets players were offensively consistent and no team batting slumps. But that changed mid season and one of key reasons Mets lost a ten game lead to Atlanta. 

Mets still won 101 games.  It's not like they collapsed.  The Braves just got red hot for several months.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still think mbl playoffs are a joke.  (I get push back on this.)  Play like 20 or more ex games, 162 reg season games and then have a best of three in the playoffs round one.  The min length of a series should be 7 at worst 5.  You should have to expose your 4 man rotation to an overall series.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I still think mbl playoffs are a joke.  (I get push back on this.)  Play like 20 or more ex games, 162 reg season games and then have a best of three in the playoffs round one.  The min length of a series should be 7 at worst 5.  You should have to expose your 4 man rotation to an overall series.

It is truly ridiculous.  What's the point of a 162 game regular season if you're going to have a 4 round playoff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I still think mbl playoffs are a joke.  (I get push back on this.)  Play like 20 or more ex games, 162 reg season games and then have a best of three in the playoffs round one.  The min length of a series should be 7 at worst 5.  You should have to expose your 4 man rotation to an overall series.

I would agree if every team had to play the lame-o 3 game series, but it makes some sense since it is the wild card round and the teams that had the better regular season get the bye. 

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It is truly ridiculous.  What's the point of a 162 game regular season if you're going to have a 4 round playoff.

That one is easy.  $$$$

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I would agree if every team had to play the lame-o 3 game series, but it makes some sense since it is the wild card round and the teams that had the better regular season get the bye. 

That one is easy.  $$$$

7 minutes ago, rbstern said:

Uh...money?

Guys, of course it's about the money.  I'm just saying that it's ridiculous to have a 162 game regular season and then a 4 round playoff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...