2022 New York Mets thread

Scott Dierking

8 hours ago, section314 said:

Stroman and Bryant.

With Baty and Mauricio ready to come up I don’t think Bryant are in their plans. SS is locked up for the next 4-5 years. Move McNeill back to 2nd and  Escobar at 3rd or vise-versa. Baty or Mauricio takes over 3rd in  ‘23 with the other going to 2nd or outfield. 
Alvarez behind the plate and we’re ready to roll. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:
According to Fangraphs, Starling Marte ranks fourth among major league center fielders since 2018 in WAR (13.4), behind only Mike Trout (22.8), Ronald Acuña (15.8) and George Springer (13.6).

Wow... it's as if the new GM watched "Money Ball"! Thanks for the info.

Canha’s .377 OBP over the last three seasons (2019–2021), is the second-highest mark in the AL.

According to FanGraphs, Mark Canha’s 8.3 WAR since 2019 ranks fourth among AL outfielders behind Mike Trout, Aaron Judge and George Springer. According to Fangraphs, Starling Marte ranks fourth among major league center fielders since 2018 in WAR (13.4), behind only Mike Trout (22.8), Ronald Acuña (15.8) and George Springer (13.6).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Wow... it's as if the new GM watched "Money Ball"! Thanks for the info.

Under Cohen, you know that the Mets will probably be the most driven analytics team in the future. It is how his hedge fund business is run. They started adding resources to this unit last year, but I know they are making lots of new hires.

• Upvote 2

Again, congrats Mets Fans on Scherzer.  He's a special one.  He's my favorite baseball player since David Cone.  

As a Nats Fan I am doubly sad about this.  Didn't want to see him traded, even if I understood the business side, and now I am crushed he'll be playing for a division rival the next three years.

I know Baseball is like that, I get it, but meh.  Great for you, sucks for us Nats Fans.

Scherzer and DeGrom back to back.  Dear lord....

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Again, congrats Mets Fans on Scherzer.  He's a special one.  He's my favorite baseball player since David Cone.  

As a Nats Fan I am doubly sad about this.  Didn't want to see him traded, even if I understood the business side, and now I am crushed he'll be playing for a division rival the next three years.

I know Baseball is like that, I get it, but meh.  Great for you, sucks for us Nats Fans.

Scherzer and DeGrom back to back.  Dear lord....

I would trade you either one straight up for Juan Soto.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Oh this is you taking babe Ruth Mickey mantle props

What I was referring to, I'm an old guy.  I've been around for 16 WS championships...if I don't see another one, I'm fine with that.  So, if your post meant only about the money being spent, sure.  But, spending money isn't the key to winning championships or the Yanks would have more than 27 championships.  What it does for the Mets is perhaps being a perennial contender and I can agree with that.  What I'm more concerned about is having the Jets win a SB and I don't see it with the years I have left.

4 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

What I was referring to, I'm an old guy.  I've been around for 16 WS championships...if I don't see another one, I'm fine with that.  So, if your post meant only about the money being spent, sure.  But, spending money isn't the key to winning championships or the Yanks would have more than 27 championships.  What it does for the Mets is perhaps being a perennial contender and I can agree with that.  What I'm more concerned about is having the Jets win a SB and I don't see it with the years I have left.

Fair enough. Of course that's what I was referring to. 

I hope you live long enough to see ten Jets Super Bowls.

• Haha 1