So Deon Sanders just stole the #1 recruit from FSU?

Beerfish

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

This kid can always enter the transfer portal after one season if he doesn't like playing at that little school. 

In theory, ofcourse, anyone can but how does that impact his NIL deals?  Legit question, I dont know.  Does he have to sign a new deal and potentially leave millions on the table?  Do any state related deals get dropped?  I would assume he could sign more NIL deals at a new college but I really dont know. 

23 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

In theory, ofcourse, anyone can but how does that impact his NIL deals?  Legit question, I dont know.  Does he have to sign a new deal and potentially leave millions on the table?  Do any state related deals get dropped?  I would assume he could sign more NIL deals at a new college but I really dont know. 

Depends on what the NIL deal is for.   It’s the wild Wild West out there right now.  There are different rules for different states, but the vast majority of deals seem to be tied to the athletes current school.   Some of the bigger deals, to some of the highest profile kids are actually being paid through agents and their marketing agencies.  

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I could argue it’s better to be coached by someone who wasn’t so naturally gifted, but rather by someone who became good/great despite physical limitations. Not unless Deion is going to teach him to run a sub-4.3 40. But then I could argue pretty much anything, and usually do ;).

Just saying the best coaches weren’t always the best players. Actually they usually weren’t.

At the collegiate ranks it works because Deion can recruit quality talent at that level.  He may well fail miserably at the FBS/P5 level, however.  

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's pretty baffling to me.

1) In terms of NIL there's no chance he can make the same kind of scratch in FCS than he could make at Florida State (or any P5 school)

2) Playing at that level really hurts him from an NFL draft perspective. You just won't have film of him playing at the highest levels.

I'm guessing it's kind of a "take the power back" move to commit to an HBCU but it seems like a massive mistake for the young man unless I'm missing something.

is Utah a power 5 school?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

At the collegiate ranks it works because Deion can recruit quality talent at that level.  He may well fail miserably at the FBS/P5 level, however.  

He might, but he is coaching in the southeast and is from the southeast.  As long as he has a decent brand/school behind his name and has the actual coaching chops, he might be pretty good as a HC at a P5 school.