For all the Mac Jones lovers

Bronx

Simply there isn't much evidence to suggest Jones is going to have anywhere near the career of Tom Brady. But he can be a very servicable starter. 

The only similarity between Brady and Jones is the uniform. All comparisons end there. No way they should ever be mentioned in the same category. That is just ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Agree right up to Brees.  Montana had a lot better arm than Brees

It was better but still well below average.   There's a reason in a mediocre QB draft he went 4th and was the last pick in the third round.  There's also a reason when he was interviewed about the 49ers picking Lance that he would have taken Mac Jones at 2.   That's exactly what Montana said about this years draft.  

SF got a little lucky that Simms and Fuller went way ahead of him.  SF didn't have a first round pick.  They had the 1 pick in the 2nd round.  They were rumored to have both Simms and Fuller rated ahead of Montana.  They both went in the first round.  SF passed on Montana with their pick in the second and took James Owens.  They took Montana with the last pick in the third round.   SF needed a QB.  Walsh liked Montana but he thought he would be there because nobody thought he had an NFL arm or frame.  

Montana would have succeeded anywhere.  His pocket awareness, catchable ball and accuracy were insane.   He would have been hard pressed to be nearly as good in a down field passing attack.  The WCO that Walsh installed was the perfect O for him.   Walsh was brilliant.  I'm amazed at the ass licking BB gets.  Walsh was clearly the best HC of the modern passing era.  

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

It was better but still well below average.   There's a reason in a mediocre QB draft he went 4th and was the last pick in the third round.  There's also a reason when he was interviewed about the 49ers picking Lance that he would have taken Mac Jones at 2.   That's exactly what Montana said about this years draft.  

SF got a little lucky that Simms and Fuller went way ahead of him.  SF didn't have a first round pick.  They had the 1 pick in the 2nd round.  They were rumored to have both Simms and Fuller rated ahead of Montana.  They both went in the first round.  SF passed on Montana with their pick in the second and took James Owens.  They took Montana with the last pick in the third round.   SF needed a QB.  Walsh liked Montana but he thought he would be there because nobody thought he had an NFL arm or frame.  

Montana would have succeeded anywhere.  His pocket awareness, catchable ball and accuracy were insane.   He would have been hard pressed to be nearly as good in a down field passing attack.  The WCO that Walsh installed was the perfect O for him.   Walsh was brilliant.  I'm amazed at the ass licking BB gets.  Walsh was clearly the best HC of the modern passing era.  

Montana was a great QB.  Doesnt mean he knows a thing about picking QBs.  Elway didn’t have a clue

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2021 at 5:46 PM, UnknownJetFan said:

Not sure I agree. Zack had the highest upside and would also likely have 9 wins at this point if he was leading the Pats with the team they have.

My jaw just about hit the floor when I saw Pardon My Take tweet this early. We’ll be lucky if Zach makes this number of insane throws in an entire season, let alone one game.

8 hours ago, Facts said:

My jaw just about hit the floor when I saw Pardon My Take tweet this early. We’ll be lucky if Zach makes this number of insane throws in an entire season, let alone one game.

Zach will make throws and plays that will shock you. Will they be the caliber of what Allen can do? No. Nobody in the league can make those throws except Allen. If Zach just lives up to his ability, trust me, that will be enough to make our jaws drop often.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Facts said:

It’s like he’s throwing the ball confident his receivers will make the catch. Took him a few years and the addition of Stephon Diggs to get there but yes, 100% elite, 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

… and yet people here regarded the Romo and Young endorsements of Sam and Wilson as if they were Papal blessings.

No we don’t.   The Romo and Young enforcements are two ex players that are in a grouping of ex players with Warner, Aikman, simms, Rodgers and others who shot down their enforcements and now are all over one enforcement from Montana