Jets high on Kyle Hamilton?

1 hour ago, Aussie Jet said:

Great info. Really appreciate it as someone who lives on a different continent. But my understanding is that there are two clear stand-outs for edge players (Hutchinson and Thibodeaux) and then you're in among the players who start to have some shortcomings (as I believe), like Karlaftis, Ojabo, etc? Am I wrong?

Add Johnson to that list.  His Senior Bowl may have put him in the top 15.   Which Sucks because I was hoping he would drop into the second round. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cbucco19 said:

@football guy any chance they gamble on Godwin ? He would fit this offense perfectly but the acl is scary . What about engram or njoku for te ?

I know they were high on him last year but latest I’ve heard is many expect TB to work hard for him to come back. If he tests the market, Philadelphia is a team to watch. 

1 hour ago, Aussie Jet said:

Great info. Really appreciate it as someone who lives on a different continent. But my understanding is that there are two clear stand-outs for edge players (Hutchinson and Thibodeaux) and then you're in among the players who start to have some shortcomings (as I believe), like Karlaftis, Ojabo, etc? Am I wrong?

I think the narrative is off-base. The gap between Hutchinson-Thibadeaux and the field is not nearly as wide as the “experts” have suggested. There’s a gap, but not that wide. 

There’s been a lot of smoke recently around Boye Mafe, who we coached at the senior bowl. You have some reputable draft guys coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden labeling him as a top 40 player after his big time senior bowl game performance (Jeremiah the most notable), but his ascend began well before the game. Apparently some of the coaches were left speachless by his explosiveness and bend. Jermaine Johnson, Travon WalkerDavid Ojabo, and Arnold Ebiketie are similarly gifted athletes who may not be as far off from Thibs as the media has lead many to believe. Add George Karlaftis, Kingsley Enagbare, Cameron Thomas, Myjai Sanders, Drake Jackson to that group of guys who will be in the day 1-2 discussion, and you’ve got yourself a uniquely deep class of edges. Desperately hoping the Jets take 2 or more 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, football guy said:

I know they were high on him last year but latest I’ve heard is many expect TB to work hard for him to come back. If he tests the market, Philadelphia is a team to watch. 

I think the narrative is off-base. The gap between Hutchinson-Thibadeaux and the field is not nearly as wide as the “experts” have suggested. There’s a gap, but not that wide. 

There’s been a lot of smoke recently around Boye Mafe, who we coached at the senior bowl. You have some reputable draft guys coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden labeling him as a top 40 player after his big time senior bowl game performance (Jeremiah the most notable), but his ascend began well before the game. Apparently some of the coaches were left speachless by his explosiveness and bend. Jermaine Johnson, Travon WalkerDavid Ojabo, and Arnold Ebiketie are similarly gifted athletes who may not be as far off from Thibs as the media has lead many to believe. Add George Karlaftis, Kingsley Enagbare, Cameron Thomas, Myjai Sanders, Drake Jackson to that group of guys who will be in the day 1-2 discussion, and you’ve got yourself a uniquely deep class of edges. Desperately hoping the Jets take 2 or more 

Any whispers about reuniting FA Dante Fowler with a couple of coaches he’s played for in the past (Ulbrich, Saleh)?

Wow what a great thread!

It's like everybody just broke out of Arkham Asylum!?

Funny and witty stuff and a good job gentlemen. I'd like to give everybody a personal upvote ?

Should we draft the safety in the top 10!?

That's like the shaving cream on the hand and tickling the nose with the feather trick~

• Sympathy 1

On 2/6/2022 at 8:14 AM, Jimmy 2 Times said:

There have been safeties that have been worth the 4th pick in a draft class.  Reed, Lott, Troy P, Woodson, Thomas.

That player just needs to consistently make game changing plays.  He needs to create interceptions.  He can't disappear for long stretches, dive on piles, dance when he nothing to do with the play, and get burnt like a marshmallow in a campfire by every tight end in the league.  

Oh, boy, you'll love Hamilton then cause he can't cover. Big, strong, fast dude that can't cover and is best in the box. Jamal Adams 2.0 come on down.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

If I remember correctly, the catch was that he only hunted boars with knives.

That's actually pretty badass. However keep in mind the guy probably couldn't chase down my 8-year-old daughter!!! ?

I wonder where he is these days?

He is/was the Strength and Conditioning coach for the Jaguars. 

On 2/9/2022 at 8:15 AM, varjet said:

He is/was the Strength and Conditioning coach for the Jaguars. 

Anthony Schlegel was his name right? I didn't look it up. There always seems to be some kind of dude we draft in the mid rounds that for some reason Jet fans get behind lol.

Most recent for me was Perine. As far as the Boar Hunter we were all pretty psyched that he was tackling big pigs with knives, and then of course there was the dude who was driving upside down in the Lincoln tunnel LOL.

Then it was that poor bastard WR we drafted who punctured his lung in training camp, and then ripped his knees up two years in a row!?