Detroit Lions

FidelioJet

Even worse, Jared Goff took the Rams to the SB, ,just like Sanchez took the Jets to 2 AFCCG, and both are pretty much vilified.  

The Rams, like the Jets, put all of their chips down to sell PSLs and jumpstart a stadium.   At least they won a SB.  Let's see how the Rams do now as the contracts come up.  

Goff on the Lions will continue to be a disaster.   There is obviously a funny dynamic with the Ford family that breeds a dysfunctional team, like the dynamic with the Johnsons.  

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Had some good disagreements with people on here when Stafford went to the Rams.  I said he was a really good Qb on terrible teams and would do well, many others said he wasn't any good and never won a thing.

I was told flat ou that he was worse than Sanchez when I said the same good things about Stanford.  
Sanchez 

9 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I wonder about the emotions of the Detroit Lions ownership.

You had a Super Bowl winning caliber QB on your roster for a decade and were entirely incapable of putting a team around him incapable of winning a playoff game.

I mean this sincerely, at what point do you just acknowledge that you just don't know what the F you're doing.

I do not know....maybe they are more focused on keeping their record of having the best selling vehicle for 45 years straight.

But honestly, I think their point is to keep the team here in the Detroit area, help with the rebuilding of downtown Detroit and when things are more in line worry about the team.

The Detroit Lions have sucked since the NFL begun. They had one single decade in which they were better than good, and after that they have been dog crap. One playoff win in 65 years is just really depressing. Add on your 13 year QB going to the SB right after leaving and it just gets worse.

Because of this, the Lions are a team that I will root for against anybody except the Jets. Everybody likes to see the Lions win. Hopefully Dan Campbell can get them to a place they haven't been since the 50s.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

From the run up to the '09 draft--when I was hoping we could somehow find the much additional capital to move up for him instead of Sanchez--to now, Stafford has always passed the eye test for me. His yards might be inflated because of playing from behind, but his other quarterback metrics are worse because of that desperation. I suspect he didn't play stat ball when the Lions were about to fall out of a game, but instead rightfully let that situation lead to taking chances (causing increased INTs for example). Won't commit  yet to him and the HOF, but I am a fan.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I wonder about the emotions of the Detroit Lions ownership.

You had a Super Bowl winning caliber QB on your roster for a decade and were entirely incapable of putting a team around him incapable of winning a playoff game.

I mean this sincerely, at what point do you just acknowledge that you just don't know what the F you're doing.

Not to mention Megatron for the longest time 

• Upvote 2