Narrative around Jets changing - now a possible destination?

Honestly, if we do suck again this year I'm looking right at Zach and Saleh.

Joe Douglas has drastically improved on his GM skills since he got here and now its time for the Head Coach and QB to do the same. I want to see their equivalent of getting a Draft pick for Blake Cashman on the field.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

That’s true Big Kev, yet hate to say it but it does feel little  different this time. Once training camp starts   I’m taking a hiatus and you guys will have to tell me when it’s safe to come back. Training camp tore out my soul last year! 

I think you might be safe this year since most of the posters here are quite reasonable and patient. ?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, juxsta said:

Joe Douglas has drastically improved on his GM skills since he got here and now its time for the Head Coach and QB to do the same. I want to see their equivalent of getting a Draft pick for Blake Cashman on the field.

Speaking of cashmen, did the pick we got for him play a role in the JJ deal?  If so, bravo Joe Douglas.  Bravo.

7 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Speaking of changing.  To go along with this magnificent draft, what they should change is the uniform.  Ditch the current half-baked joke of a uni and go back to the slick, clean and super handsome legacy uni.  Those all whites are the sharpest uni in the league and they look like a uni a pro team should be wearing.  

Fans of bad teams focus on the uniform and stadium. As we start to win, the uniform will move down on the list of things to complain about. I want to complain about having a hard time getting to the 13th win of the season. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Have to win first.

People still say, “Jets had a great draft but they're still the Jets”. The narrative of us being destined for mediocracy has not changed.

The sequel to Idiocracy wherein society is headed back in the right direction, but average people now run the world. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Rightfully so the Jets have been a team that top tier free agents steered clear of, leveraged to get better deals elsewhere, etc.  We've talked about all the reasons why there's a Jets tax.

There seems to be something brewing and it got me thinking - could the narrative of the Jets be changing (I know we haven't won anything yet) and will that enable us to get free agents that wouldn't even consider us in the past?

That's another positive outcome from having a front office/coaching staff that are making good decisions.

pineapple express smoking GIF

7 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

The Jets are a laughing stock until they win. That's the only way it can change or else the progress is just hypothetical. 

Theres a lot of room between a losing record and laughingstock.  

No one is laughing at the Jets today

8 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Speaking of changing.  To go along with this magnificent draft, what they should change is the uniform.  Ditch the current half-baked joke of a uni and go back to the slick, clean and super handsome legacy uni.  Those all whites are the sharpest uni in the league and they look like a uni a pro team should be wearing.  

The uni's have to run their course and eventually will be changed.  To what who knows.  But even if they switch to their legacy jersey nothing will change.  There are some who like each uniform and others who dont.  And some, like me who don't really care about which uniform we wear, they all look good to me, have parts I like and parts I dont.  No one cares what I think or what you think.  Its like whining about the grey colors used inside of the stadium

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The narrative changed 16 months ago when Joe Douglas was handed the keys to the franchise and hired Robert Saleh.  People are just opening their eyes now after this draft but us following this team on a daily basis knew this already.  Well, the smart ones of us at least.

You are the epitome of the type of fan they mean when they say the Jets have won the off season

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Fans of bad teams focus on the uniform and stadium. As we start to win, the uniform will move down on the list of things to complain about. I want to complain about having a hard time getting to the 13th win of the season. 

I want it all.  The wins and the uni.  I deserve it.  We all do

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

The uni's have to run their course and eventually will be changed.  To what who knows.  But even if they switch to their legacy jersey nothing will change.  There are some who like each uniform and others who dont.  And some, like me who don't really care about which uniform we wear, they all look good to me, have parts I like and parts I dont.  No one cares what I think or what you think.  Its like whining about the grey colors used inside of the stadium

LOTS of people LOVE the legacy unis and want them back.  

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

LOTS of people LOVE the legacy unis and want them back.  

And lots dont like them at all and dont want them back

Its a waste to argue over uniforms.  Any uni you pick, some will like, some will hate.  

I go to games and no one cares, never mentions them.

Thing that really is the point, theyre not going anywhere for a while.  

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And lots dont like them at all and dont want them back

Its a waste to argue over uniforms.  Any uni you pick, some will like, some will hate.  

I go to games and no one cares, never mentions them.

Thing that really is the point, theyre not going anywhere for a while.  

No, the point is that an overwhelming majority of fans think the current uniforms are horrible.  It plays a significant part in the fan experience. 

How about a similarly themed uni like this one below but in green and white.   Oh, yeah... And one "stealth black" version. ??? Is this OK as long as they win ???

muscle-cd-palencia.jpg.e8310f19638078880e8d1a2c3b275c9d.jpg

4 hours ago, juxsta said:

I just wrote something very similar in another thread.  Totally agree.

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

No, the point is that an overwhelming majority of fans think the current uniforms are horrible.  It plays a significant part in the fan experience. 

How about a similarly themed uni like this one below but in green and white.   Oh, yeah... And one "stealth black" version. ??? Is this OK as long as they win ???

muscle-cd-palencia.jpg.e8310f19638078880e8d1a2c3b275c9d.jpg

No, the point is you have no idea that what you want is what everyone wants.  But as with everyone who thinks what they like is what we should wear, youre going to insist that "an overwhelming majority of fans think the current uniforms are horrible" without a clue as to if thats true or not.  I could care less, I'd be most dont either.  There are a lot of more important things to be concerned with other than the stripes and helmet color of the uniform and the idea that what you like is more important than whatever anyone else likes.  And thats what it comes down to