Chad Pennington Rapping to Eminem "Lose Yourself"

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

It's hilarious that a Jets fan would view a QB who led his team to the playoffs 4 of 7 years (and the three years he missed he was injured) as a failure.  He outplayed Favre in 2008 after the Jets threw him away like a piece of garbage.  

And celebrate his failure.  
But hey, I’m not one of those fans who after a player gave the Jets all roots for that player to fail.  Has the comical take that the fins winning the division, making the playoffs while I sat home was worth it.  Now there’s a hot take

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And then threw 4 INTs in their playoff game against the Ravens with that noodle arm of his.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200901040mia.htm

Who F’n cares.  We watched it on TV while our teams players were on their way home.  And fish fans had another week of rooting for their team

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

It's hilarious that a Jets fan would view a QB who led his team to the playoffs 4 of 7 years (and the three years he missed he was injured) as a failure.  He outplayed Favre in 2008 after the Jets threw him away like a piece of garbage.  

And he did the exact thing everyone (except Chad homers) expected in the playoffs. Suck against a real defense because he had no arm strength. Goofy ass wanna be Eminem dude.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

And showing how proud of himself he was for it to come true.  We have a strange fan base for sure.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And then threw 4 INTs in their playoff game against the Ravens with that noodle arm of his.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200901040mia.htm

While Favre and the Jets sat at home and watched along with us fans after Pennington beat the Jets the week before in a win and in game.  How is that better than making the playoffs? I'd much rather make the playoffs and have a chance to advance than lose in the regular season 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

While Favre and the Jets sat at home and watched along with us fans after Pennington beat the Jets the week before in a win and in game.  How is that better than making the playoffs? I'd much rather make the playoffs and have a chance to advance than lose in the regular season 

The Fins never had a chance of beating the Ravens that day because of Chad. That's what you still don't get.

The Jets would have had a legit shot w/Favre. Obviously it's better to make the playoffs than not, but it was never going any further for the Pennington led fins and we all knew it, except for the Chad homers.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Fins never had a chance of beating the Ravens that day because of Chad. That's what you still don't get.

The Jets would have had a legit shot w/Favre. Obviously it's better to make the playoffs than not, but it was never going any further for the Pennington led fins and we all knew it, except for the Chad homers.

But that's not the way sports works.  Favre and the Jets had to beat Pennington and the Dolphins (and win some other regular season games) to earn the right to play the Ravens.  Pennington and the Dolphins won those games and earned the playoff berth.  

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Why is it so hard to admit that Pennington completely outplayed Favre in 2008?

Who cares that's not the point. The point is that Pennington was exactly who we thought he was and it was proven by the Ravens. Moving on from him was the right move. Before the shoulder injuries he was a guy - after, just didn't have it physically to go all the way in the NFL. Why is it so hard to admit that?

Favre of course the one season playing for the Jets was injured. A healthy Favre wipes the table with noodle arm and everyone knows it. Even you know it if you dig real deep and be honest with yourself.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Who cares that's not the point. The point is that Pennington was exactly who we thought he was and it was proven by the Ravens. Moving on from him was the right move. Before the shoulder injuries he was a guy - after, just didn't have it physically to go all the way in the NFL. Why is it so hard to admit that?

Favre of course the one season playing for the Jets was injured. A healthy Favre wipes the table with noodle arm and everyone knows it. Even you know it if you dig real deep and be honest with yourself.

You are dealing in speculation and opinion. If this and if that.  I know what I saw and the actual results prove that Pennington was the better QB in 2008.   To this day, we have no idea how or whether Favre was really injured that season. Everything he did was predicated on his desire to play for the Vikings.  Pennington played his heart out and it showed.  Favre couldn't give a crap and it showed.  He didn't want to come back to the Jets in 2009, but the Jets were played like a violin by Favre and his agent.  

I can play your game. If Pennington played for the Jets in 2008, with that roster they definitely make the playoffs and Miami doesn't and then who knows?  That would have been better than what we got, which was watching the Pennington revenge game in week 17 in the Jets building - the ultimate pay back - and a season of disappointment. 

Maybe keeping Pennington and drafting Sanchez would have given the Jets the perfect "mentor" for a young QB that everyone here always wants.  Instead, the Jets were left holding their dicks while Miami went to the playoffs following a 1-15 season and Favre laughed all the way to  Minnesota.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

You are dealing in speculation and opinion. If this and if that.  I know what I saw and the actual results prove that Pennington was the better QB in 2008.   To this day, we have no idea how or whether Favre was really injured that season. Everything he did was predicated on his desire to play for the Vikings.  Pennington played his heart out and it showed.  Favre couldn't give a crap and it showed.  He didn't want to come back to the Jets in 2009, but the Jets were played like a violin by Favre and his agent.  

I can play your game. If Pennington played for the Jets in 2008, with that roster they definitely make the playoffs and Miami doesn't and then who knows?  That would have been better than what we got, which was watching the Pennington revenge game in week 17 in the Jets building - the ultimate pay back - and a season of disappointment. 

Maybe keeping Pennington and drafting Sanchez would have given the Jets the perfect "mentor" for a young QB that everyone here always wants.  Instead, the Jets were left holding their dicks while Miami went to the playoffs following a 1-15 season and Favre laughed all the way to  Minnesota.

The point isn't to make the playoffs. The point isn't to win a "revenge game". The point is to win a championship. We would have had a real shot with a healthy Favre. A healthy Pennington gets you a brutal noodle arm fueled ass raping in the playoffs.

It's about going for it. We took a shot at the real prize. It was the right move - didn't work out due to injury. It's football. It happens.

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The point isn't to make the playoffs. The point isn't to win a "revenge game". The point is to win a championship. We would have had a real shot with a healthy Favre. A healthy Pennington gets you a brutal noodle arm fueled ass raping in the playoffs.

It's about going for it. We took a shot at the real prize. It was the right move - didn't work out due to injury. It's football. It happens.

This!

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Penny could never out-play a healthy  Favre. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Questionable

https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap/_/gameId/221229020

Jets capture second AFC East crown

Dec 29, 2002

Facebook

Twitter

Facebook Messenger

Pinterest

Email

print

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- Had the New York Jets' fans broken
into chants of "P-A-T-S,'' it wouldn't have been a shock.

Which team do you see advancing further in the postseason?
The Jets. They're playing good football at the right time -- heading into the playoffs, when it counts. They had a slip-up against the Bears, but they're as good as any playoff team right now. QB Chad Pennington is playing at a high level, his receivers are making big plays, the running game is flowing and the defense is getting after opponents. The Jets also have great special teams, which could be the deciding factor in a playoff game. The Packers could have secured NFC home-field advantage today. Without it they face, well, a tough road. They haven't played well away from Lambeau this season.

Eric Allen played cornerback for 14 NFL seasons with the Eagles, Saints and Raiders.

In this wackiest of NFL seasons, the defending Super Bowl
champions gave the Jets hope for the playoffs, and Chad Pennington
made it reality.

New England had beaten Miami in overtime, and then it was the
J-E-T-S' turn. Behind Pennington's four touchdown passes, they
routed Green Bay 42-17 Sunday to win the AFC East. What Curtis Martin called a sinking ship two months ago is sailing into the NFL
playoffs.

"This is the best moment of my career,'' Martin said. "We've
been through so much, we were at the bottom of not only the
division, but this league. We were becoming the laughingstock of
the NFL. And to win the division, I tip my hat off to this team.''

Not only did the Jets surge back from a 1-4 start, they knocked
both their saviors, the Patriots, and the Dolphins from contention.
New York (9-7) hosts Indianapolis next weekend.

"We have a chance to be special and make history,'' said
Pennington, who took over for Vinny Testaverde in Week 5 and went
8-4 as the starter. "We're playing pretty good football now, and
the scary thing is, we can be even better.''

The Packers (12-4) blew a chance for home-field advantage
throughout the NFC playoffs; Philadelphia owns that. Green Bay even
lost its first-round bye and will face Atlanta next Saturday night
-- yes, at night -- in Lambeau Field.

"We can't make excuses,'' said Brett Favre, who went to the
bench with 14 minutes remaining after Sam Garnes returned an
interception 65 yards. "We knew what was at stake.''

To win only their second NFL division title, the Jets needed
several things to break their way. The Patriots took care of the
biggest item, and Pennington did much of the rest.

The rout was far less dramatic than the New York Giants' 10-7
overtime victory over Philadelphia on the same field Saturday --
thanks greatly to the third-year quarterback.

Pennington had touchdown passes of 18 and 12 yards to Wayne Chrebet, who has gone from goat after a late fumble in a loss to
Chicago to the hero. He has a career-high nine TDs this season.

"Today it was Wayne's turn, and he made some tremendous plays,
especially after he caught the football,'' Pennington said.

Pennington also had a 1-yarder to Richie Anderson and a
13-yarder to Santana Moss. Martin ran for a 5-yard score, as well.

Whenever threatened by Green Bay, the spunky Jets responded. The
Packers finished the first half with a touchdown drive that was
vintage Favre, but the Jets moved 60 yards in six plays with the
second-half kickoff, ending with Martin's touchdown run.

LaMont Jordan added a late 3-yard touchdown run.

Martin finished with 83 yards Sunday and 1,094 for the year, his
eighth straight over 1,000.

Pennington, the AFC's most efficient passer, had a 134.7 rating
for the game as the Jets beat Green Bay for the sixth straight
time.

"He did not try to overdo things. He did not try to compete
with Brett Favre,'' said coach Herman Edwards, now 2-for-2 in
getting the Jets into the postseason. "All he needed to do was be
Chad Pennington, and that is good enough.''

Green Bay's secondary struggled without injured Pro Bowl safety
Darren Sharper. Several Jets receivers were wide open, including
Anderson on his 1-yard pass for a 7-0 lead early in the second
quarter.

That capped an 84-yard drive, including a 43-yard pass from
Pennington to Laveranues Coles that was typical of how the Jets
have taken off on offense behind Pennington.

The Packers got a 23-yard field goal from Ryan Longwell before
the Jets made it 14-3 on Chrebet's first score.

But Green Bay closed to 14-10 at halftime on a 76-yard drive
that took 95 seconds. Hanging tough in a collapsing pocket, Favre
hit Terry Glenn for 21 yards, then rookie Javon Walker for 23 on
fourth-and-10. Favre's bullet pass to the corner of the end zone
hit Glenn perfectly with 5 seconds left in the half.

New York barely flinched.

"We showed what we are made of as a team,'' Pennington said.
"We're still hungry.''

Game notes
The Packers, 8-0 at home, are guaranteed only one postseason
game at Lambeau Field. ... The Jets' other division crown was in
1998. ... Both New York teams are in the playoffs for the first
time in 16 years. ... Packers WR Donald Driver bruised his left
shoulder and RB Tony Fisher jammed his neck. ... Favre was
16-for-33 for 172 yards. ... Martin moved up to 14th in career
rushing with 10,361 yards.

edit: @Maxman what happened to copy/paste article formatting?

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Except Favre had become a liability as a playoff QB late in his career.  He single handedly lost a playoff game at home vs the Giants in the 2007 season by throwing a pick in OT that let the inferior Giants beat the 13-3 Packers.  Then in 2009, he spit the bit with the Vikings in a playoff game vs the Saints, throwing a needless pick deep in NO territory as time expired when a FG wins the game.  The Vikings lost in OT. Favre had 3 costly turnovers that day - 2 picks and a fumble - all deep in Saints territory.  So you and I could disagree about whether Favre gave the Jets a realistic shot at playoff wins when he was a turnover machine in the playoffs in the clutch at the end of his career.  And he was a bad QB in 2005 and 2006.  So what were the Jets really getting?  

I still believe signing Favre was a low point for the Jets and was a monumental mistake.  He was bad in 2005 and 2006 and choked when it counted in 2007, 2008, and 2009.  

Except Favre had become a liability as a playoff QB late in his career.  He single handedly lost a playoff game at home vs the Giants in the 2007 season by throwing a pick in OT that let the inferior Giants beat the 13-3 Packers.  Then in 2009, he spit the bit with the Vikings in a playoff game vs the Saints, throwing a needless pick deep in NO territory as time expired when a FG wins the game.  The Vikings lost in OT. Favre had 3 costly turnovers that day - 2 picks and a fumble - all deep in Saints territory.  So you and I could disagree about whether Favre gave the Jets a realistic shot at playoff wins when he was a turnover machine in the playoffs in the clutch at the end of his career.  And he was a bad QB in 2005 and 2006.  So what were the Jets really getting?  

I still believe signing Favre was a low point for the Jets and was a monumental mistake.  He was bad in 2005 and 2006 and choked when it counted in 2007, 2008, and 2009.  

I'll take my chances with a turnover prone Favre who has potential for deep playoff runs over noodle arm Pennington every time. Chad wasn't the same after those injuries and just didn't have the juice and wasn't making any deep runs. Favre opened up the entire field and put pressure on defenses in ways Pennington physically could not accomplish.

At the end of the day they were both a failure.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'll take my chances with a turnover prone Favre who has potential for deep playoff runs over noodle arm Pennington every time. Chad wasn't the same after those injuries and just didn't have the juice and wasn't making any deep runs. Favre opened up the entire field and put pressure on defenses in ways Pennington physically could not accomplish.

At the end of the day they were both a failure.

**** Favre.  He was a noodle arm too.  Wah wah wah,  I tore my bicep.  I am iron man.  I never miss a game.  Wah wah wah.  He beat two decent teams all season.  He sucked here.  He was a douche and his lasting legacy with Jets is more of sending pics to Jen Sterger than anything he did on the field. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

**** Favre.  He was a noodle arm too.  Wah wah wah,  I tore my bicep.  I am iron man.  I never miss a game.  Wah wah wah.  He beat two decent teams all season.  He sucked here.  He was a douche and his lasting legacy with Jets is more of sending pics to Jen Sterger than anything he did on the field. 

uh, ok yea - favre was a noodle arm. Seems totally reasonable.

He gave us a real shot when healthy that pennington at that point never could.

ron burgundy anchorman GIF