QB play still leaves much to desired (-min Stevinator), but DL/PR looks ready to WIN NOW

Paradis

Still don't always know what the fck Lafleur is doing out there calling 47 draws a game, but I'm loving what glimpses i'm getting of our front 7 getting pressure. We may surprise some teams early on. 

Michael Clemons's worst enemy is Michael Clemons. He's going to be murder someone for when his buger shows up -- "I said NO tomatoes..." 

• Upvote 3

I like Clemons, I really do but I have to put the brakes on his calls to canton.  He looks mean and acts mean and has excellent effort.  But I've seen nothing other than a bull rush.  Now there is nothing wrong with that as a player but he is not going to be a high sack NFL player if you ask me.

As for our pass rush in general?  I will believe when i see it in the reg season and I do not mean a whole bunch of 'almost got theres'  I mean actual sacks and turnover generating plays.

I still do not believe we have multiple tightends that can gt open and catch.

I could give a flying fook who the QB is. This team will be better than any of the crap we have seen the past 4,5 years. 

Not a playoff team yet, but a team that will be competitive in most games. They will not be an abortion or a dumpster fire. They have WR’s, a running game, TE’s an OL and a defense that can I think can be flat out nasty. 

All I ask is that they stay healthy. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I like Clemons, I really do but I have to put the brakes on his calls to canton.  He looks mean and acts mean and has excellent effort.  But I've seen nothing other than a bull rush.  Now there is nothing wrong with that as a player but he is not going to be a high sack NFL player if you ask me.

As for our pass rush in general?  I will believe when i see it in the reg season and I do not mean a whole bunch of 'almost got theres'  I mean actual sacks and turnover generating plays.

You must have the suicide hotline on speed dial.  Jees...

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Things going well in the rainbow room of the happy happy joy joy ny jets can do no wrong club?

It's raining super bowls!

After today's win?  Except for Flacco's boneheaded pick 6, yes things are peachy in the rainbow room.

Enjoy the win.  Maybe you will like it!

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

A guy that strong can take a bull rush and a good motor pretty far.

9 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

As I've been trying to tell you all, dont be surprised if this team plays really good D and runs the ball very well.  This team looks physical AF and there are a bunch of talented playmakers for the first time in a long time, just have to hope they put it all together.  The wildcard being QB play.  If they can get above average QB play, they will make noise.

I hope you’re right because the run game this preseason has been pretty awful.  It’s the pass game and the pass blocking that has made the offense go.

Ulbrich now has some pieces.  He has no excuses not to have this D playing well.

Agree the QB play will be the determining factor between 5 wins and say 9 wins, opening up the run game, keeping the D fresh and finally putting points on the board.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Still don't always know what the fck Lafleur is doing out there calling 47 draws a game, but I'm loving what glimpses i'm getting of our front 7 getting pressure. We may surprise some teams early on. 

Michael Clemons's worst enemy is Michael Clemons. He's going to be murder someone for when his buger shows up -- "I said NO tomatoes..." 

Its preseason. No OC is running "real" during the preseason for all to see. He is running stuff to evaluate and get the guys warm. LaFleur might LaSuck but mostly he won't be doing that nonsense in-season. 

• Upvote 1