If Buffalo Collapses

Just now, slats said:

We can only imagine how you would’ve been with him here, given Josh Allen’s first two seasons in the league. There’s no doubt that you would’ve been leading the post count charge to run him out of town, making the place enjoyable for everyone. 

To be fair, I think 80 was pro-Darnold heading into year 3, so I have to assume he would have been pro-Allen, given they were on the same timeline. 

I think Darnold busting so badly really f*cked a lot of us up. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

To be fair, I think 80 was pro-Darnold heading into year 3, so I have to assume he would have been pro-Allen, given they were on the same timeline. 

I don’t recall anything positive about Darnold from him then, I do know that he was pretty adamant about Allen being nothing but a RB at that time, though. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

I don’t recall anything positive about Darnold from him then, I do know that he was pretty adamant about Allen being nothing but a RB at that time, though. 

Like most people here, he wanted to give Darnold a 3rd year, I remember that. 

It is well known that he was highly critical of Allen, but so were a lot of other people. He gets in trouble because everyone remembers the "running back" thing, but a lot of people were mocking Allen back in those days. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

Nobody is debating the Bills aren’t the best team in the league. That’s clear after last night. 

But… In a hypothetical scenario, if catastrophe struck the Bills and Allen went down, the team gets riddled with multiple impactful injuries and they implode down the stretch (Similar to 2021 Ravens) what chance would we give the Jets to be the 2021 Bengals and seize that opportunity to win the division over the Fins and Pats?

parallels:

- hard luck franchise that’s seen more losing than winning 

- 2nd year qb with rookie campaign marred by injury

-promising rookie wide receiver looking to become a star 

-young head coach 

Yes, the Bengals comparison has been beaten to death over the last 9 months. But what are the chances that the stars actually align for once? 

What if Spartacus had a Panzer?

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

No one here was pro-allen until after his breakout season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slats said:

We can only imagine how you would’ve been with him here, given Josh Allen’s first two seasons in the league. There’s no doubt that you would’ve been leading the post count charge to run him out of town, making the place enjoyable for everyone. 

It sure is getting fun repeatedly having the same, lone moderator continue to tell me that I'm making JN a less fun place to be.  Sounds like another PVO thread is necessary!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

It is well known that he was highly critical of Allen, but so were a lot of other people. He gets in trouble because everyone remembers the "running back" thing, but a lot of people were mocking Allen back in those days. 

1 hour ago, Sharky7337 said:

No one here was pro-allen until after his breakout season.

@slats decimated

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Shouldn’t matter. I’ve been told that the environment and weaponz are more important than the QB so the Bills can just roll someone else in there and continue dominating.

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

They certainly wouldn't "dominate" with Case Keenum, but I dare say they're so loaded they should still win this division with relative ease, Tua's ascension notwithstanding.  Keenum is nothing if not the consummate game manager.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

It all crashed and burned in Week 1 of that year.  Most particularly on the play where he got sacked out of bounds rather than throwing it away.  The kind of monumentally stupid stuff that no QB worth his salt does.  And the exact same thing Geno did on at least one occasion, too.

There's just no coming back from that.  If you're too stupid to throw it away for a loss of 0 rather than allowing yourself to get tackled for a loss of 5 you're just a dumb, dumb QB and there's no fixing that.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It sure is getting fun repeatedly having the same, lone moderator continue to tell me that I'm making JN a less fun place to be.  Sounds like another PVO thread is necessary!

Feels great to be out of the crosshairs. Thanks, pal!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, slats said:

To be fair Allen's improvement as a passer is almost unprecedented in the modern NFL. He basically broke Football Outsiders' whole system lol. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, FootballLove said:

Even though we'll probably go 0-6 in the division again, that's probably our clearest shot to the playoffs. Here's what has to happen:

Jets sweep NE (like the Bills and Fish will do too)

Jets split with the Bills, stealing one at home.

Jets beat the Fish at home, then, in a miracle, beat the Fish there too. Jets go 5-1.

Bills? They split with us and the Fish, going 4-2. We'll know Sunday when the Bills travel to the Fish. Go Fish!

yeah there's no way in hell i am rooting for the dolphins to win. idc one way or the other about the bills at all. i can't stand the freaking dolphins or patriots though

39 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

yeah there's no way in hell i am rooting for the dolphins to win. idc one way or the other about the bills at all. i can't stand the freaking dolphins or patriots though

Couple more years of domination and they’ll grate on you, too.

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

To be fair Allen's improvement as a passer is almost unprecedented in the modern NFL. He basically broke Football Outsiders' whole system lol. 

Totally agree except that outliers don’t break a system, they validate it. There’s a reason why every team with a question mark at QB brings up Allen as a reason for hope — because the model is right so often that those outliers are “holy sh*t” occurrences.

22 hours ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

Nobody is debating the Bills aren’t the best team in the league. That’s clear after last night. 

But… In a hypothetical scenario, if catastrophe struck the Bills and Allen went down, the team gets riddled with multiple impactful injuries and they implode down the stretch (Similar to 2021 Ravens) what chance would we give the Jets to be the 2021 Bengals and seize that opportunity to win the division over the Fins and Pats?

parallels:

-young head coach 

Yes, the Bengals comparison has been beaten to death over the last 9 months. But what are the chances that the stars actually align for once? 

Pretty sure the Bills, Fins and Pats would all need to collapse for the Jets to win the division…and then be one n done. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jet2020 said:

Pretty sure the Bills, Fins and Pats would all need to collapse for the Jets to win the division…and then be one n done. 

Buffalo has a top 5 offense and defense. They would beat the Jets by 20 with either of those things.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

parallels:

-young head coach 

If my brother were a woman and had he been my uncle's brother....He would have been my aunt instead. 

19 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I was wrong about Darnold:

1. After draft - “Macc the blind squirrel found a nut and was bailed out from drafting an undraftable Josh Rosen thanks to Dave Gettleman.”

2. After Darnold’s first year - “The Jets better bring in a credible veteran as Plan B next season.”

3. After Darnold’s second season - “If the Jets don’t bring in a credible veteran, I’m not watching next season.” And I didn’t.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet2020 said:

This is where I disagree, patriots look worse than the Jets so far and quite frankly it’s shocking they won as many games as they did last year. In reality they’ll be 1-3 after Baltimore and GB the next two weeks. The Dolphins are the unknown, we will know a lot more about them after seeing how they stack up with the bills