If Buffalo Collapses

Just now, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

Nobody is debating the Bills aren’t the best team in the league. That’s clear after last night. 

But… In a hypothetical scenario, if catastrophe struck the Bills and Allen went down, the team gets riddled with multiple impactful injuries and they implode down the stretch (Similar to 2021 Ravens) what chance would we give the Jets to be the 2021 Bengals and seize that opportunity to win the division over the Fins and Pats?

parallels:

- hard luck franchise that’s seen more losing than winning 

- 2nd year qb with rookie campaign marred by injury

-promising rookie wide receiver looking to become a star 

-young head coach 

Yes, the Bengals comparison has been beaten to death over the last 9 months. But what are the chances that the stars actually align for once? 

Unless ZW turns into a FQB I don't see how that happens (other than maybe Miami and New England getting ravaged by injuries as well).

Even though we'll probably go 0-6 in the division again, that's probably our clearest shot to the playoffs. Here's what has to happen:

Jets sweep NE (like the Bills and Fish will do too)

Jets split with the Bills, stealing one at home.

Jets beat the Fish at home, then, in a miracle, beat the Fish there too. Jets go 5-1.

Bills? They split with us and the Fish, going 4-2. We'll know Sunday when the Bills travel to the Fish. Go Fish!

1 hour ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

Nobody is debating the Bills aren’t the best team in the league. That’s clear after last night. 

But… In a hypothetical scenario, if catastrophe struck the Bills and Allen went down, the team gets riddled with multiple impactful injuries and they implode down the stretch (Similar to 2021 Ravens) what chance would we give the Jets to be the 2021 Bengals and seize that opportunity to win the division over the Fins and Pats?

parallels:

-young head coach 

Yes, the Bengals comparison has been beaten to death over the last 9 months. But what are the chances that the stars actually align for once? 

There is only one thing missing from delusional Freudian delight.

MIKE WHITE

istockphoto-639765496-612x612.jpg

parallels:

-young head coach 

• Upvote 1

Even if Josh Allen goes down the Dolphins still look better than us at the moment.  And hell, the Bills are so loaded that they might even win the division with Case Keenum under center. 

And I'm also not quite ready to bury New England just yet, either. 

I think we're staring down a 3rd place finish at best, particularly if the Jets staff stays "110 %" committed to Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

My brother is a bills fan and thinks they are going undefeated 

That’s so hard to do. I highly doubt it. But if anyone is doing it, it’s the Bills. 

I posted this tweet in another thread but this statistic is just insane. This domination has been going on since TWO SEASONS ago.

And ya know why? BECAUSE WE DIDNT DRAFT JOSH ALLEN. We had the pick. We literally had the pick and blew it.

• Upvote 4

parallels:

-young head coach 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Facts said:

That’s so hard to do. I highly doubt it. But if anyone is doing it, it’s the Bills. 

I posted this tweet in another thread but this statistic is just insane. This domination has been going on since TWO SEASONS ago.

And ya know why? BECAUSE WE DIDNT DRAFT JOSH ALLEN. We had the pick. We literally had the pick and blew it.

Oh, I don't think it's happening. 

They will likely have a letdown or two and you always have to worry about more injuries, which are the wildcard. 

BUT - they are really, really good. 

Not many saw Josh Allen coming - I can't obsess over it.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even if Josh Allen goes down the Dolphins still look better than us at the moment.  And hell, the Bills are so loaded that they might even win the division with Case Keenum under center. 

And I'm also not quite ready to bury New England just yet, either. 

I think we're staring down a 3rd place finish at best, particularly if the Jets staff stays "110 %" committed to Zach Wilson.

This is the first time I truly believe the Jets are better than the Pats. Which is why I think a freak catastrophe in Buffalo would open the door. The Dolphins (as well as the Jets) are obviously the question mark to make this dream scenario come true. Interested to see how they play on Sunday against Buf. And In a league whose landscape changes week to week with injuries (Dak,Trey Lance) it’s intriguing to think if the pieces fell the right way would the Jets be ready?

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Facts said:

If it makes you feel any better, or more likely worse, Mike Maccagnan definitely had Josh Rosen ahead of Josh Allen on his board, too.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And Jacoby completed 22 of 27 throws, lol.

We didn't really "beat" Jacoby Brissett.  It was a combination of the Jets offense and the Browns themselves beating the Browns....

I'm still enjoying the comeback victory so I'm not trying to be negative but I fear people may have a wake up call when we face a QB that can operate In the pocket....we will see.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Facts said:

So they either dominate the opponent or lose?

1 hour ago, Facts said:

...but he wouldn't have been any good here..

20 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

So they either dominate the opponent or lose?

Yes, and typically their losses are close contests.  

That's the sign of a great team.  When they're "bad", they're still competitive and have a pretty high floor.  When they're good or great, they have an "all-time great" type of ceiling.

1 hour ago, Facts said:

I can see them winning 15+ games this year; however, if there truly is Karma, the Bills will go into OT and score a TD, and then the other team comes back under the new 'cry baby allen' rule, score a TD and then on the kick off, buffalo muffs punt and a quick FG rips the game away from Bills. At this point, the Bill cry foul and say if you can't stop the team from scoring a TD you should just loose :-)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If it makes you feel any better, or more likely worse, Mike Maccagnan definitely had Josh Rosen ahead of Josh Allen on his board, too.

We can only imagine how you would’ve been with him here, given Josh Allen’s first two seasons in the league. There’s no doubt that you would’ve been leading the post count charge to run him out of town, making the place enjoyable for everyone. 

• Haha 2