Torn ACL for Breece Hall

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Indeed 

Moore also has his original achillies tendon so it's not a perfect metaphor 

If metaphors needed to relate two identical things to each other to be valid, they would be called “Exactaphors.”

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Indeed 

Moore also has his original achillies tendon so it's not a perfect metaphor 

I see.  So a similar injury is a necessary condition for comparing the 2 players reactions to similar situations?  LOL.  Literally...   LOLOL

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Hell hath no fury like a Jets fan scorned 

The Jets chose to take Moores private conversation with coaches, make it public and make an example of Moore 

Why? For discipline and authority and to set an example. It was important to break Moore and bring him into line. 

And the fans loved it like the Typical bootlicks we are 

Meanwhile the jags simply benched jrob and traded him a week later. No public embarrassment needed. Didn’t have to break his spirits or make him look like an a$$hole 

Really it's hypocrisy to love jrob and hate Moore they are both young guys trying to build a resume for a second contract 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Jets chose to take Moores private conversation with coaches, make it public and make an example of Moore 

Why? For discipline and authority and to set an example. It was important to break Moore and bring him into line. 

Meanwhile the jags simply benched jrob and traded him a week later. No public embarrassment needed. Didn’t have to break his spirits or make him look like an a$$hole 

Really it's hypocrisy to love jrob and hate Moore they are both young guys trying to build a resume for a second contract 

Yeah but Jrob was disloyal to not-the-jets which isn’t a naughty 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I see.  So a similar injury is a necessary condition for comparing the 2 players reactions to similar situations?  LOL.  Literally...   LOLOL

We don't know jrobs reaction to being benched because the jags did not talk about it. They did not put jrob in timeout like a toddler 

Moores tweets came after they sent him home, the whole thing could have been avoided 

But the Jets got cocky with breece hall absorbing 30 percent of the targets, now a week later, Moore is back. What changed? Moore has leverage now. It's not like he's matured up at all 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'm working on a new one now:

Elijah Moore wants more touches and traded he's a bum who's abandoned his team mates 

James Robinson wants more touches and traded he's a great guy and a hero 

You always write that Moore "wants more touches".  But that's not the issue here and perhaps the origin of the imbecility in your posts.    It's Moore "demanded a trade publicly and aired his grievances on social media to the detriment of his team and teammates".  apples:oranges  Had Moore acted like an adult and the vast majority of other players who would also like more touches, then this would not have happened.  It's Moore's actions that caused this.  Right out of the jamal Adams playbook. 

Figures that you back the a-hole on this.  What a surprise. It's who you are.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

We don't know jrobs reaction to being benched because the jags did not talk about it. They did not put jrob in timeout like a toddler 

Moores tweets came after they sent him home, the whole thing could have been avoided 

But the Jets got cocky with breece hall absorbing 30 percent of the targets, now a week later, Moore is back. What changed? Moore has leverage now. It's not like he's matured up at all 

?

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You always write that Moore "wants more touches".  But that's not the issue here and perhaps the origin of the imbecility in your posts.    It's Moore "demanded a trade publicly and aired his grievances on social media to the detriment of his team and teammates".  apples:oranges  Had Moore acted like an adult and the vast majority of other players who would also like more touches, then this would not have happened.  It's Moore's actions that caused this.  Right out of the jamal Adams playbook.  Figures that you back the a-hole on this.  What a surprise.

The NFL and its teams are multi-billion dollar marketing vehicles. I always support the players against the machine when they try to exert the limited influence they have over their own careers. Does it mean they always do it wisely? No. I thought Moore’s timing was terrible and will ultimately hurt him. But I support his choice to do it.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You always write that Moore "wants more touches".  But that's not the issue here and perhaps the origin of the imbecility in your posts.    It's Moore "demanded a trade publicly and aired his grievances on social media to the detriment of his team and teammates".  apples:oranges  Had Moore acted like an adult and the vast majority of other players who would also like more touches, then this would not have happened.  It's Moore's actions that caused this.  Right out of the jamal Adams playbook.  Figures that you back the a-hole on this.  What a surprise.

Not everything has to be black or white.

In reality, there is gray area (a little bit of everyones fault). 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Dcat said:

Moore demanded a trade after they sent him home 

They did not need to put him on paid suspension 

They could have ya know just given him a touch or two 

Santana moss, Santonio Holmes and Elijah Moore are similar personalities. They need touches to stay engaged 

Rather than give Moore what he asked for they punished him and the fans turned on Moore

There was no need for any of this. It was unnecessary flexing and now that breece is done the Jets backed down on all of it 

What was the point? Moore is 23 he's going to be petty and immature. I'm not sure what the Jets were trying to accomplish by embarrassing him in public

In fact they accomplished nothing 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Santana moss, Santonio Holmes and Elijah Moore are similar personalities. They need touches to stay engaged 

Rather than give Moore what he asked for they punished him and the fans turned on Moore

There was no need for any of this. It was unnecessary flexing and now that breece is done the Jets backed down on all of it 

What was the point? Moore is 23 he's going to be petty and immature. I'm not sure what the Jets were trying to accomplish by embarrassing him in public

Are you David stein? 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

If anything, it could eventually divide the team.  There was no reason to make it public, except out of spite.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, bitonti said:

Dude if you disagree say so and why. 

Personal attacks are not allowed on this board 

You're a dick whisker away from ending on my block list 

You have zero idea what Moore did to justify being sent home. He could have taken a swing a lefleur for all we know. You are describing the situation like Moore is some sort of victim without knowing any details. You’re a troll. ?

1 minute ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

You have zero idea what Moore did to justify being sent home. He could have taken a swing a lefleur for all we know. You are describing the situation like Moore is some sort of victim without knowing any details. You’re a troll. ?

Jrob could have taken a swing at Doug Pedersen 

We don't know any of the details on how he shot his way out of Florida 

But we like that guy. Without knowing any of the details 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

“For all we know” you work in the Jets PR department.

Pretty dumb argument when you see it on someone else, right?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Are you forgetting that well before any conversations he was tweeting his displeasure?

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

“For all we know” you work in the Jets PR department.

Pretty dumb argument when you see it on someone else, right?

We know many details on the other side. Moore publicly bitched on social media. He publicly demanded a trade. He continues to publicly send cryptic tweets on social media. James Robinson has done nothing of the like. 

2 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

We know many details on the other side. Moore publicly bitched on social media. He publicly demanded a trade. He continues to publicly send cryptic tweets on social media. James Robinson has done nothing of the like. 

“For all we know” the Internet is out at his house and he can’t log onto social media 

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2022 at 2:17 PM, Doggin94it said:

Dobbins. Generally the prognosis is: back next year. Back to full strength and explosiveness the year after

When Breece Comes back the Jets should Keep Robinson Carter Breece and Probably Knight , In this scenario they don't have to work Breece to hard on his return letting him get back into the mix slowly. 

Hall is Proof having a dynamic back Like I've been stating for years (for us to draft) does make a huge difference in an offense. It was Hall and the defense that took this team to 5-2 and I don't think there is any way to dispute that .   If you look at guys like Faulk , Tomlinson its obvious they were the catalysts behind the success of their offenses and made it easy for Young QB's like Rivers and Warner to thrive in the early stages of their careers.

Most backs suffer wear an tear getting beat down and are not the same so I understand the point of not using a high pick but you then can make the same case for any other position because everyone is prone to injury and in the case of QB's we've all seen how that turns out most of the time since it always seems like a 50/50 shot QB's will have what it takes upstairs to succeed we are living that right now as we have been for the past 20 + years or for the entire existence of the franchise after Joe. 

Breece suffered an ACL injury that is repairable fairly routinely at this stage .... that does not mean he wont be durable for the long haul like some backs constantly dealing with soft tissue injuries and various aches and bruises they just can't play through. There have been plenty of backs that have been durable not going to name them all we are well aware of who they are so we can be optimistic Breece will be that durable guy that gives you 8-10 solid years or like in the case of some of the greats even eclipse 10 years. 

So my entire point here is if you can get a dynamic back that transforms your entire offense you make that pick and take your chances just like you do with the QB position and other so called premium positions because a great RB is so damn valuable to a franchise in so many different ways its a no brainer IMHO. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

The NFL and its teams are multi-billion dollar marketing vehicles. I always support the players against the machine when they try to exert the limited influence they have over their own careers. Does it mean they always do it wisely? No. I thought Moore’s timing was terrible and will ultimately hurt him. But I support his choice to do it.

That gets us into a labor discussion re: the players union and owners.  Later.   But specifically related to Moore, I think Moore's agent is a d*ck and encouraged him to his own detriment.  You may think he is advising his client well.  I passionately disagree here.  

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

When Breece Comes back the Jets should Keep Robinson Carter Breece and Probably Knight , In this scenario they don't have to work Breece to hard on his return letting him get back into the mix slowly. 

Hall is Proof having a dynamic back Like I've been stating for years (for us to draft) does make a huge difference in an offense. It was Hall and the defense that took this team to 5-2 and I don't think there is any way to dispute that .   If you look at guys like Faulk , Tomlinson its obvious they were the catalysts behind the success of their offenses and made it easy for Young QB's like Rivers and Warner to thrive in the early stages of their careers.

Most backs suffer wear an tear getting beat down and are not the same so I understand the point of not using a high pick but you then can make the same case for any other position because everyone is prone to injury and in the case of QB's we've all seen how that turns out most of the time since it always seems like a 50/50 shot QB's will have what it takes upstairs to succeed we are living that right now as we have been for the past 20 + years or for the entire existence of the franchise after Joe. 

Breece suffered an ACL injury that is repairable fairly routinely at this stage .... that does not mean he wont be durable for the long haul like some backs constantly dealing with soft tissue injuries and various aches and bruises they just can't play through. There have been plenty of backs that have been durable not going to name them all we are well aware of who they are so we can be optimistic Breece will be that durable guy that gives you 8-10 solid years or like in the case of some of the greats even eclipse 10 years. 

So my entire point here is if you can get a dynamic back that transforms your entire offense you make that pick and take your chances just like you do with the QB position and other so called premium positions because a great RB is so damn valuable to a franchise in so many different ways its a no brainer IMHO. 

I sure hope you are right.  

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

That gets us into a labor discussion re: the players union and owners.  Later.   But specifically related to Moore, I think Moore's agent is a d*ck and encouraged him to his own detriment.  You may think he is advising his client well.  I passionately disagree here.  

Doesn’t he share an agent with Joe Douglas?

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Did you read the post you quoted? In it, I said I believed it wasn’t smart. As I also said earlier this smells more like an emotional reaction from Moore and not a planned strategy by him and his reps.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Did you read the post you quoted? I’m it, I said I believed it wasn’t smart. As I also said earlier this smells more like an emotional reaction from Moore and not a planned strategy between him and his reps.

so there was a wee bit of sense in your post?  Well done.  You're coming along.  Zach Bitonti.

2 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I sure hope you are right.  

Well I can give you a scenario. Lets say you have a talented team that's in contention for a SB Usually that window is about 3 years and many factors come into play for me saying 3 years. Obviously some teams can do this for years teams like the Patriots the Rams The Niners the Ravens always seem to be in the mix. So if you can get a dynamic back that can turn your offense from a good offense into a somewhat unstoppable offense like the Chiefs had or the Rams with Faulk IMHO you make that move 100 out of 100 times and spend the high draft pick to make it happen. Then you have  a young fresh back that can probably get you over the hump and win a SB. When Faulk came to the end of his career which was a long one you could see that Rams offense just lose its steam they were not the same with a 10 + year old Faulk as they were when they first aquired him and he was still young. I think that's why Joe Douglas waited until this year when the Jets were a much better built team before he pulled the trigger on a guy like Hall knowing he could not only be dynamic but offer a tremendous check down for Zach and also take pressure off him. I'm 100 % sure this team would be nowhere close to 5-2 without Hall the numerous 3 and outs after he got hurt was not a good thing and hopefully James Robinson can fill in and keep us on track or its going to get ugly, not trying to be negative here its just how I see it since Hall was such a beast the last 4-5  games/

So I find it funny people )and rightfully so) are fine with taking numerous QB's who are just as much of a crap shoot and then don't get that RB that can offer the young QB so much in his development. They go hand in hand and they are both in reality a crap shoot but I think having one without the other is a mistake. 

48 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I would have played him and do a Jet sweep were he passed it to Zach for touchdown.  After all Zach has almost as many TD receptions as he does catches.