Torn ACL for Breece Hall

This is a real kick in the footballs.  But as great as Breece was, drafting RBs with high picks is probably a mistake.  There's just too much punishment at that position and these guys don't stay healthy.  Look at Saquon.

This is also why you don't piss away 3rd rounders to acquire another RB.

• Thumb Down 1

Our team is theoretically good enough that the loss of one player shouldn't be game-changing on every level. Hall was good enough I think to help the Jets beat teams like the Patriots and now that's probably not as likely, but the other games (except the Bills which I think were losses to begin with) are still winnable. Especially if Zach steps up, which I'm not seeing. MC is not a terrible RB and the defense is still really good. 

It sucks a lot to lose Hall, but I still think this is a good team.

• Upvote 1

Just now, derp said:

Honestly think this one may be the most disappointing thing that’s happened in a while, and as a Jets fan that’s saying something.

It really is.  Breece was playing so well.  Btw, do we have any status on AVT?  Probably our top 2 key guys on offense and they both get hurt.

Dobbins had the same injury before PRESEASON in 2021 and missed the entire 2021 season and 2 weeks of 2022.  

He now needs surgery again, out "4-6 weeks" to remove scar tissue.

This is why picking RBs early in the draft is a dangerous game.  Keeping Ty Johnson and Zam looked smartish.  MC1 will do his best.  

Hopefully Breece can get back asap in 2022. 

• Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Dobbins had the same injury before PRESEASON in 2021 and missed the entire 2021 season and 2 weeks of 2022.  

He now needs surgery again, out "4-6 weeks" to remove scar tissue.

This is why picking RBs early in the draft is a dangerous game.  Keeping Ty Johnson and Zam looked smartish.  MC1 will do his best.  

Hopefully Breece can get back asap in 2022. 

Not the same injury, at all 

• Upvote 1