Zach will be a first ballot HoF QB.

2 minutes ago, dolphann4life said:

Yup…and I’m in love. ? I’m totally aware of the narratives and criticisms about him, but I’m just being honest…never been happier with our QB play. ??‍♂️

Ok. I have Always liked Tua felt he got a raw deal, he is good 20 yards or less, but that is all you need with Hill and Waddle. You should stop worrying about the Jets and focus on the Bills never understood the strange obsession Dolphins fans have with the Jets. 

3 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Ultra mega superstar? Have you seen your QB play?

he sucks.

You dont need more time to lead a receiver on a pattern. So much lost YAC.

Belichick just gave NFL D plan,,smother WR1 on LOS cause Zach doesnt have balls to hang in poccket to get thru progressions.

He virtually never steps up in pocket under pressure, he does that Pop Warner curlyQ go back 35 yards move.

Admit mistake BUT dont draft another QB high. We have decent team and if we dont want to lose young talent to free agency we have to compete. Trade for veteran QB (I dont mean old folks home like Flacco) who can not panic and manage this team. Then let scouts draft a 4th round prospect they have faith in to mold.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Meaning if White sux, it does not matter to me as long as this, Zach gets sat and has to learn to stop being selfish and trying to make the ESPN highlight plays when simple and boring is there for the taking.

The problem is he doesn't SEE the boring and simple. He can't find open receivers. It's not easily fixable. His field vision and pocket awareness are terrible

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

Yesterday @Claymation and myself went back and forth a bit in a thread about firing Lafleur. My take was no and this was on Zach and possibly the QB coach. While I am still not sure it is Lafleur, I actually took the time to read his responses to my posts and understand the point of view he was bringing which is similiar to what you have posted above. Now I know it is an internet forum so actually reading and comprehending something someone else says is not allowed and the only reaction is to hit someone over the head repeatedly to prove your opinion is the correct one, but if you really look at it - it is becoming more apparent that the skill is there for this QB. 

He does not see the field, he runs backwards and he makes really questionable decisions. Is the issue he has no one truly helping him resolve these issues or is he stubborn and refuses to take the feedback?

No clue as to the answer for the above but his kid simply has too much talent to play the way he is.   

I don’t think ZW can adjust to the speed of the defense.   It’s like he’s surprised by how quickly the DL can close on him when he scrambles and he panics.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SouthernJet said:

he sucks.

You dont need more time to lead a receiver on a pattern. So much lost YAC.

Belichick just gave NFL D plan,,smother WR1 on LOS cause Zach doesnt have balls to hang in poccket to get thru progressions.

He virtually never steps up in pocket under pressure, he does that Pop Warner curlyQ go back 35 yards move.

Admit mistake BUT dont draft another QB high. We have decent team and if we dont want to lose young talent to free agency we have to compete. Trade for veteran QB (I dont mean old folks home like Flacco) who can not panic and manage this team. Then let scouts draft a 4th round prospect they have faith in to mold.

I was talking about Tua to one of the Dolphins fans who love to come here whenever the Jets lose a game or players, like vultures of misery. 

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Ok. I have Always liked Tua felt he got a raw deal, he is good 20 yards or less, but that is all you need with Hill and Waddle. You should stop worrying about the Jets and focus on the Bills never understood the strange obsession Dolphins fans have with the Jets. 

Well I’ve been around here awhile and always enjoyed the board. Jets for me will always be my top rival. I’ve also watched a lot of jets football and seen our teams QBs come and go and just wanted to give my opinion on your young QB. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, dolphann4life said:

Well I’ve been around here awhile and always enjoyed the board. Jets for me will always be my top rival. I’ve also watched a lot of jets football and seen our teams QBs come and go and just wanted to give my opinion on your young QB. 

I respect that,  the majority of my friends are Dolphins fans and if you live in SOFLA you know there are a lot AFCE fans as well down here. We all get along and don’t take things to seriously as we know we have been in the same position for years. It’s internet fans that are unbearable,  both Jets and Dolphins. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

I don’t think ZW can adjust to the speed of the defense.   It’s like he’s surprised by how quickly the DL can close on him when he scrambles and he panics.  

Can't disagree.

Is that coaching or is that simply the QB does not adjust to the Pro game regardless of his physical talents?

I guess if I knew I could retire and get a coaching job.

23 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I’m not pretending about anything. You are incapable of looking at things in a non binary fashion

Nah. That's not the case. You just don't know wtf you're looking at or youre just a Zach wilson dickrider. Either way it doesn't change the fact that Zach is crap

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

This is why some players take some time to develop. 

I will go with that but how long do you give him?

We have seen the same type of play over 2 years with sporadic glimpses.

Now add in the talent you built around him and from an org perspective, you simply can't ignore them because you are giving the QB time.

It's not an easy situation. 

31 minutes ago, dolphann4life said:

I will preface this by saying zacks numbers appear to be exactly what they were last year. 

2021 Comp % 55.6

2022 Comp % 54.9

2021 QB Rating 69.7

2022 QB Rating 71.0

Bad news is there’s been no significant progress. Good news is he’s only played 18 games, basically a full season. Expecting him to be a star out of the gate is unrealistic especially when he was considered one of the more “raw” QBs coming out in 2021. Zack will need another year to make a real judgment on him. The good things he does? Unteachable Escapability in the pocket. Very strong Arm. He can easily learn to quit making boneheaded throws after extending plays (his biggest nemesis right now imo. 

so take it from a dolphins fan who has a Ultra Mega Superstar QB that everyone wanted gone after 16 played games. ??Give Zack More Time!

sure you would love for us to keep going with the worst QB in the NFL. lol

Tua was never as bad as Zach. he was never the worst or near the worst in the league. he had only 1 , 3 INT game. 

1st year Tua    64% 11 TDs 2.8%  5 INT 1.7% Rate 87.1

1st year Zach   55%  9 TDs 2.3%   11 INT 2.9%  Rate 69.7

2nd year Tua    67%  16 TDs 4.1%   10 INT 2.6%  Rate  90.1

2nd Year Zach   54%   3 TDs 3.1%    5 INT 3.5%   Rate 71.0

Tua 1st 2 year vs Pats. 3 games, 2 INTs. Zach has 7 INTs in 2 games. how come Bills rookie voodoo didnt work on Tua? 

Tua gave you something to believe he was moving in the right direction. Zach you have to have a QB scouting degree from USC to see the improvement. or so im told since i dont have one.

26 minutes ago, doitny said:

sure you would love for us to keep going with the worst QB in the NFL. lol

Tua was never as bad as Zach. he was never the worst or near the worst in the league. he had only 1 , 3 INT game. 

1st year Tua    64% 11 TDs 2.8%  5 INT 1.7% Rate 87.1

1st year Zach   55%  9 TDs 2.3%   11 INT 2.9%  Rate 69.7

2nd year Tua    67%  16 TDs 4.1%   10 INT 2.6%  Rate  90.1

2nd Year Zach   54%   3 TDs 3.1%    5 INT 3.5%   Rate 71.0

Tua 1st 2 year vs Pats. 3 games, 2 INTs. Zach has 7 INTs in 2 games. how come Bills rookie voodoo didnt work on Tua? 

Tua gave you something to believe he was moving in the right direction. Zach you have to have a QB scouting degree from USC to see the improvement. or so im told since i dont have one.

Listen I agree zack leaves a lot to be desired right now. but besides Tua doing somewhat well against the pats, that game is usually a mental torture chamber for all young QBs not just Zack. I also pointed out in my original post he was one of the more raw QBs coming out. Tua faced SEC defenses routinely and benefited from a NFL Level staff (saban, Daboll). Zack played San Diego State & Western Kentucky lol I just think 18 games played is still not enough to determine he sucks with certainty especially considering his magician like powers escaping pressure. If he learns to reign that in and use it properly to make plays, watch out.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dolphann4life said:

I will preface this by saying zacks numbers appear to be exactly what they were last year. 

2021 Comp % 55.6

2022 Comp % 54.9

2021 QB Rating 69.7

2022 QB Rating 71.0

Bad news is there’s been no significant progress. Good news is he’s only played 18 games, basically a full season. Expecting him to be a star out of the gate is unrealistic especially when he was considered one of the more “raw” QBs coming out in 2021. Zack will need another year to make a real judgment on him. The good things he does? Unteachable Escapability in the pocket. Very strong Arm. He can easily learn to quit making boneheaded throws after extending plays (his biggest nemesis right now imo. 

so take it from a dolphins fan who has a Ultra Mega Superstar QB that everyone wanted gone after 16 played games. ??Give Zack More Time!

great post............. How do you teach a q'back to see the field? How do you teach him not to panic? How do you teach him to stop throwing off his back foot? That last 4th & 5 he could have easily pulled it down & ran for 10 yds

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jgb said:

I’d run for 1,000 yards and 10 TDs against my son’s pee wee team.

I get the competition wasn't SEC, but there were a few QB's that came out of BYU that succeeded in the NFL, actually 2 of them won SB's... So while it's not a great QB factory, he shouldn't be playing at the incompetent level he's playing at now. He has the talent, I think he's messed up in the head right now, and I don't know who's fault it is. If it's his, then get him some competition next year and let him earn the job. Problem is, there are no QB's so far that I want next year, however there are a few coming out in the next 2-3 years that will be good ones.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

I get the competition wasn't SEC, but there were a few QB's that came out of BYU that succeeded in the NFL, actually 2 of them won SB's... So while it's not a great QB factory, he shouldn't be playing at the incompetent level he's playing at now. He has the talent, I think he's messed up in the head right now, and I don't know who's fault it is. If it's his, then get him some competition next year and let him earn the job. Problem is, there are no QB's so far that I want next year, however there are a few coming out in the next 2-3 years that will be good ones.

You’re right of course. Only pointing out the additional risk of drafting a guy high who beat up on lesser comp.

• Upvote 1