New Playing Surface for Met Life in 2023

Lith

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Capital improvement expenditure. Tax laws will permit the corp.  to wipe  the cost. Plus, now that they are winning, they can raise ticket prices to cover any part of this they can't write off.

I would love a 5" deep pile green shag.

Jerry it’s a write off.  These big companies just write it off. 

top 10 Seinfeld bit. So funny. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Jerry it’s a write off.  These big companies just write it off. 

top 10 Seinfeld bit. So funny. 

You don't even know what a write off is. Do you? No I don't. But they do, and they're the ones writing it off.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

new artificial surface going down.  They are currently sourcing vendors and researching the best artificial grass surface they can find.  

It will not be actual grass, too much goes on at the stadium outside of football (world cup this year) and the fact that there are 2 football teams playing on the field, it would not respond well to grass.  The field would be extremely hard to maintain a good quality under those conditions. 

Whatever turf they get, I hope they also change the turf at Florham park, although I do believe it is a different turf there than at Metlife. I was at the facility this summer for a tournament and thought it was super spongy there. 

• Upvote 1

WT freak is “artificial grass”

If it’s what I think it is, it sounds cheap and embarrassing

I’ve been to Allegiant Stadium.  It’s an indoor stadium with a retractable roof in the middle of the desert.  And they use natural grass.

There is no excuse.  All 32 teams should play on grass fields.

Yo, don’t be a cheap bastard Woody

Hire some actual landscapers and grow some real grass, you know, the kind that kids play on that grows with water and sunlight   

13 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

WT freak is “artificial grass”

If it’s what I think it is, it sounds cheap and embarrassing

I’ve been to Allegiant Stadium.  It’s an indoor stadium with a retractable roof in the middle of the desert.  And they use natural grass.

There is no excuse.  All 32 teams should play on grass fields.

Yo, don’t be a cheap bastard Woody

Hire some actual landscapers and grow some real grass, you know, the kind that kids play on that grows with water and sunlight   

These things are not the same. Does that stadium support 2 NFL franchises? No, it does not. Does it have to contend with winter? Precipitation 24/7? How many other events does it host relative to Metlife? There are plenty of "excuses", but money isn't the one in play here (at least not as heavily as you think). If it were, why would they even bother replacing what's there in the first place?

If you are under the belief that grass can just be swapped out when worn tells me that you don't understand how grass works. (Hint, it needs roots to work). This isn't your little patch of lawn that you maintain. 

• Upvote 1