New Playing Surface for Met Life in 2023

Lith

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It says new playing surface, not natural playing surface. Do we know if they are replacing with real turn or an improved artificial turf?

I’d assume artificial. grass just won’t work for 20 straight weeks of games. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It says new playing surface, not natural playing surface. Do we know if they are replacing with real turn or an improved artificial turf?

Not sure if it is decided yet -- the only mention of surface was this quote from Julian Love, Giatns player rep, which makes it sound like grass is possible but unlikely

“Part of the challenge is the two teams and all of the events that [happen] on that field, and so we would love grass, but if that’s not feasible, then the new state-of-the-art turf that is available will have to go down instead,” Love said, per NJ Advance Media. “The Giants are on the ball on that type of thing, and I think there is now a push to make everybody the same way.”

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It will be another type of artificial field turf.  Just not slit-firm turf.  That is the stuff that was fingered as the culprit. 

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

"God Woody is so cheap, he's not willing to do it this year" - the anti woody trolls

Woody is not cheap. That has never been the issue. Bad decisions as far as the GM and HC positions along with suspected meddling have been the issues.  Management structure has also been questionable.  Both the GM and HC reporting to the owner, and so on...

After a decade of whiffing, Woody seems to have hit a grand slam with JD

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Woody is not cheap. That has never been the issue. Bad decisions as far as the GM and HC positions along with suspected meddling have been the issues.  Management structure has also been questionable.  Both the GM and HC reporting to the owner, and so on...

After a decade of whiffing, Woody seems to have hit a grand slam with JD

There are some here who call woody cheap at every chance. 

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

Our air conditioner cost 1.6 billion.  Pretty sure the cost is gonna be higher us. 

You mean state of the art stadium that took what was a wind turbine in Giants stadium and now made it so the flags don’t even move the the FG posts? That stadium?

Cry babies gonna cry I guess…

2D017332-A03C-4703-B98A-EEC76BAF8FCB.png

6AA745EC-F77E-4C5F-92B3-4E1081E05518.jpeg

C32CE343-B57C-475D-88BA-C0BA2F9C0334.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

47 minutes ago, ECURB said:

You mean state of the art stadium that took what was a wind turbine in Giants stadium and now made it so the flags don’t even move the the FG posts? That stadium?

Cry babies gonna cry I guess…

2D017332-A03C-4703-B98A-EEC76BAF8FCB.png

6AA745EC-F77E-4C5F-92B3-4E1081E05518.jpeg

C32CE343-B57C-475D-88BA-C0BA2F9C0334.jpeg

Costs are very high in nyc area -this would cost much less elsewhere. 

the air conditioner comment is sarcasm for the anti woody crowd. 

I like this stadium because it got me awesome seats which I did not have at giants stadium 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

It only costs Jets/Giants 50% of what other teams would pay who don't share a stadium.

Not the way I was looking at it.  The split cost helps but the turf at ML is brand new, was put in two seasons ago.  Cost millions and they’re spending at least as much to put something newer down.  They’re not saving money.
I’m more impressed that they’re spending the money in response to the unions complaints, so quickly, not waiting for others to do it first  

• Upvote 2