Just found this site

jetfan86

I am not a lawyer but reading someone's private messages sounds like a invasion of a person's privacy to me-

I agree, I don't see how that is different from reading someone's e-mail at work. Which is allowable only if you post that it is a company policy in a public area for everyone to see.

Just wanted to give everyone a head's up. I received a nasty PM from "Limolady" over at JI. I responded to her because I was not the intended recipient. She responded with this:

WTF???? This is not from me Cat! Somebody is f**king with my account here again! I have changed my password twice already and this is getting ridiculous! :-->

I want no part of whatever is going on and somebody seems to feel I need to be in the mix that can hack into usernames. I apologize Cat, but I did not write this or send this to you in error.

#-o Just wanted to let everyone know that there seems to be a hacker at JI on the loose.

that is some F'd up sh*t man...

Just wanted to give everyone a head's up. I received a nasty PM from "Limolady" over at JI. I responded to her because I was not the intended recipient. She responded with this:

WTF???? This is not from me Cat! Somebody is f**king with my account here again! I have changed my password twice already and this is getting ridiculous! :-->

I want no part of whatever is going on and somebody seems to feel I need to be in the mix that can hack into usernames. I apologize Cat, but I did not write this or send this to you in error.

#-o Just wanted to let everyone know that there seems to be a hacker at JI on the loose.

Just to clarify, I used the term "hack into" because I'm not very computer savvy, and I apologize that was the wrong term to use. Someone did guess my password (which is pretty easy to do) and decided to stir up an already over cooked pot regarding JI versus here. It's also funny that the "nasty PM" that allegedy came from me was exactly the same time as GGG was on JI and I was replying to a topic on the board. :-s

I do not think Sean, JI or any "real members" both there or here are responsible for this childish nonsense, but I suggest if anyone has an easily guessable password on these boards, that they change it immediately as I just did.

I apologized to Cat, but this was not my doing & I hope the cyber pyscho will go play somewhere else and with someone else. I don't need the headaches, I don't need to start trouble where there is none, and I guess some people with no life can't ever leave well enough alone. :x

Guys I have gotten a few PMs from concerned users. Let me set the record straight...

I can't read your PMs. Nor can anyone else on this site. PMs are private between the two parties involved.

If anyone here was changing peoples passwords and logging in as them, I would NOT tolerate that. They would be gone FAST.

I take this sort of thing very seriously. I work in I.T. for a living and this is not cool. They are called PRIVATE MESSAGES for a reason.

Limo...that is weird, you are saying that this person was logged in at the same time as you...but with a different password?

Strange. The software here won't let you do that. But I am not that familiar with the older version on Invision that they use over there.

None of my business but if that were me I would be applying the latest service packs immediately. The Webmaster might want to check out the web access logs to determine who the "culprit" is.

Hacker or not, this is not good.

Just to clarify, I used the term "hack into" because I'm not very computer savvy, and I apologize that was the wrong term to use. Someone did guess my password (which is pretty easy to do) and decided to stir up an already over cooked pot regarding JI versus here. It's also funny that the "nasty PM" that allegedy came from me was exactly the same time as GGG was on JI and I was replying to a topic on the board. :-s

I do not think Sean, JI or any "real members" both there or here are responsible for this childish nonsense, but I suggest if anyone has an easily guessable password on these boards, that they change it immediately as I just did.

I apologized to Cat, but this was not my doing & I hope the cyber pyscho will go play somewhere else and with someone else. I don't need the headaches, I don't need to start trouble where there is none, and I guess some people with no life can't ever leave well enough alone. :x

Insert Jerry Seinfeld Voice here:

"Who are these people that read your private messages?"

[same voice]

"private message? sure, you get the message part right, you're good at that. it's the private part you don't get. and what good is the private message without the private?"

[EDIT - i realized this was more obscure - jerry was talking about the car rental and 'holding' the reservation... 'sure, you're great at taking the reservation, it's holding the reservation that you have a problem with... and what good is the reservation without the holding?']

Anyone can log in as me, with my same password and at the same time as me. How or why certain website systems can do that, I don't know. This is not the 1st time it has happened to me, I had changed my passwords a while ago and it seemed to do the trick, until now.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having similiar problems here, but it's definitely someone who is good at guessing members passwords (like "limosine" was a real stretch for my password :roll: ) getting into people's PM's then cutting & pasting them on the message boards.

All I do know is that there are cyber pyschos out there, you never know who's behind that keyboard and it's someone who has nothing better to do than fan a flame that I'm sure we all had thought was long was extinguished.

I also think that most of you know me long enough and well enough that if I have anything to say, like it or not, I have no problem saying it and in a public format. Hmmmm, I smell a set up here, but giving this situation any more attention is just giving the cyber pyscho exactly what he/she wanted, and that was to stir up trouble, nice. :x

Limo...that is weird, you are saying that this person was logged in at the same time as you...but with a different password?

Strange. The software here won't let you do that. But I am not that familiar with the older version on Invision that they use over there.

None of my business but if that were me I would be applying the latest service packs immediately. The Webmaster might want to check out the web access logs to determine who the "culprit" is.

Hacker or not, this is not good.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having similiar problems here, but it's definitely someone who is good at guessing members passwords (like "limosine" was a real stretch for my password ) getting into people's PM's then cutting & pasting them on the message boards.

Similar problems? We don't have problems on this site, Sue. It's just a football fan-site after all. Even though we're just a cheapimitation, we have been lucky to avoid "similar problems" so far.

I also think that most of you know me long enough and well enough that if I have anything to say, like it or not, I have no problem saying it and in a public format.

Definately have to agree with Limo on that.

Like her opinions or not, she has never backed down from expressing her feelings in a public forum.

All that other crap is not her MO.

And BTW Limo, the Westside stadium is nothing more than an overblown pipe dream. :wink:

Similar problems? We don't have problems on this site, Sue. It's just a football fan-site after all. Even though we're just a cheapimitation, we have been lucky to avoid "similar problems" so far.

The PMs I got over on that other site from Mod definitly smacked of a personality type that lets just say 'likes to be in control'.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having similiar problems here, but it's definitely someone who is good at guessing members passwords (like "limosine" was a real stretch for my password :roll: ) getting into people's PM's then cutting & pasting them on the message boards.

Limo...

We are not having security problems here. Nor is JI for that matter. Software is highly evolved these days. If someone creates a password that can be "guessed" that is not really a security problem.

Someone with Admin privileges changed the passwords for a few accounts on JI. That is how he read the PMs. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just naive.

You sent a NASTY PM about GGG to her by accident. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just naive.

If you don't like this site then don't read it. Nobody is forcing you to come here.

But DO NOT lie on my site and tell everyone that we are having security problems. Especially after you send me lovey dovey PMs. That is not cool.

Limo...

We are not having security problems here. Nor is JI for that matter. Software is highly evolved these days. If someone creates a password that can be "guessed" that is not really a security problem.

Someone with Admin privileges changed the passwords for a few accounts on JI. That is how he read the PMs. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just naive.

You sent a NASTY PM about GGG to her by accident. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just naive.

If you don't like this site then don't read it. Nobody is forcing you to come here.

But DO NOT lie on my site and tell everyone that we are having security problems. Especially after you send me lovey dovey PMs. That is not cool.

really, i would think that misspelling 'limousine' would make it rather hard to guess...

This is really beyond silly.

Excuse me, but this is like recess with both sides drawing a line in the sand. There just seems to be a lot of primping, and frankly, it is a little absurd.

You know what, there is room for BOTH sites to co-exist. To me there is something that BOTH sites offer.

When FOX came along, I loved watching Married with Children and Get a Life. Sure, I watched NBC, CBS and ABC a little bit less, but they were all a part of my entertainment attention.

This notion that one is better than the other, or that one is more high and mighty is just damn ignorant. The chest beating is just plain dramatic, by now.

You both offer something different. And, in the marketplace of ideas, that is a GREAT thing. There are plenty of Jet fans to go around, as well, there are plenty to be shared.

I am not making a stand for one over the other, moreso a stand for both.

Excuse me for going off on a tangent. I probably will be banned on both sites now :cry:

This is really beyond silly.

Excuse me, but this is like recess with both sides drawing a line in the sand. There just seems to be a lot of primping, and frankly, it is a little absurd.

You know what, there is room for BOTH sites to co-exist. To me there is something that BOTH sites offer.

When FOX came along, I loved watching Married with Children and Get a Life. Sure, I watched NBC, CBS and ABC a little bit less, but they were all a part of my entertainment attention.

This notion that one is better than the other, or that one is more high and mighty is just damn ignorant. The chest beating is just plain dramatic, by now.

You both offer something different. And, in the marketplace of ideas, that is a GREAT thing. There are plenty of Jet fans to go around, as well, there are plenty to be shared.

I am not making a stand for one over the other, moreso a stand for both.

Excuse me for going off on a tangent. I probably will be banned on both sites now :cry:

SD:

You will not be banned here. We are not giving people a hard time about posting in multiple places. And I agree with what you said. It is true, the web is a big place. Plenty of room for us all.

I won't tolerate people TRASHING this site. I won't post what was written. But I have received 2 critiques from JIers about about this website. My point is, if they don't like it they don't have to come here.

I never asked for their feedback.

To me there is something that BOTH sites offer.

:

Ya, one site has freedom of speech and doesnt play kiss-ass, the other site is run by a an seemingly chauvanistic control freak who coddles people who kiss his ass. And BTW, god forbid you disagree with the Mod or his legion of loser kiss asses who thrive on telling people 'I know so and so',,big deal..

Maybe we should put a sock in it, too. Hypocrite that I am, this drama is boring.

Yes, it's the off-season and nothing is going on, but this is getting to be about as exciting as talking about getting the Stadium proposal passed.

[-X

Max-That is fair-If someone does not like something, it is their right to not have to re-visit. To critique is downright crude.

Listen, while I don't know many of you personally, and am far from the "in" crowd, the knowledge and quality that is represented here is far better than some of the games that are being played now.

Sorry for my chirping

Max-That is fair-If someone does not like something, it is their right to not have to re-visit. To critique is downright crude.

Listen, while I don't know many of you personally, and am far from the "in" crowd, the knowledge and quality that is represented here is far better than some of the games that are being played now.

Sorry for my chirping

Scott, I always considered you part of MY personal "in-crowd" :lol:

We should get matching jackets. WHattya say? :D

Sorry for my chirping

Bro...don't apologize. Seriously.

Some people I think felt violated because their PMs were read on another site. I think that is the reason for the chirping.

One way or another it won't go on much longer. I am tired of it myself. So I think we are on the same page.

SJ-Great to see ya-Appreciate your perspective, although ours is always not the same.

same here. thats why i like this site, u r allowed to have different opinions without geting a hot poker in the rear,,,uhoh, i just turned on DickKotite.

Alright, we are officially done with this. I am locking this thread. Sorry to anyone who feels mistreated on JI. But it is no longer productive to vent about it here. Seems to be causing more problems than it is worth!

JetNation was created for us to have fun. Let's get back to that and leave the petty stuff at the door.

Archived