Every Mike White throw: Vikings

I honestly expected Moore to play well like he did against the Bears, but it ended up being another dud of a game for him. 7 total receiving yards. 33% catch rate? Come on. Moore may have been right about Zach but he isn't helping his own case.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Hex said:

I honestly expected Moore to play well like he did against the Bears, but it ended up being another dud of a game for him. 7 total receiving yards. 33% catch rate? Come on. Moore may have been right about Zach but he isn't helping his own case.

Has to get his feet in near the sideline.

Overall, it’s part on him to execute when called upon and part on the staff and White to get him involved since the tape shows he was getting open on big downs.

• Upvote 3

Commentator in the first half while White is playing like ass and falling behind and throwing 4 balls that could have been picked  “They will give him yards and not care about it. It’s what they do in the red zone that matters.” 

Later Jets fans after white finishes with a 59.8 passer rating on the day  “did you see how many yards he had at the end of the game?  Wow.  He’s so good.   What a moral victory. That’s the starter for me!!”

Here’s a Mike White stat so far for 2022: 1 win.  1 loss.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Hex said:

I get the feeling that both moore and mims won’t be on the team next year.  They need to figure out which one to keep, both have had issues getting on the field and neither is a factor on ST.   My money is on mims, b/c he could potentially take over for davis if they go that route.  I expect moore to be traded before the draft.

This game should put to bed the myth of MW as a conservative “game manager”.

If anything, MW is a gunslinger.  Dude does not lack confidence in his arm and does not hesitate to fire it downfield into the narrowest of windows.

He did make the wrong read a few times, but I think he will benefit from more exposure to different schemes (this was essentially is 4th NFL start, not counting the Indy game where he left in 1st Q) and more reps with the starting WRs to learn their tendencies so as to get on the same page.

The most exciting thing for me is seeing an intelligent, composed QB with sound mechanics, good pocket awareness, and the ability to consistently throw on target with timing and anticipation.

There is a rhythm and confidence to this offense led by MW.  

They just have to figure out how to close the deal in the red zone.  McVay loves to run the ball in the RZ, and this LaFleur scheme is supposed to be based on the same principles.  LaFleur gets really pass happy near the goal line though for some reason.

15 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This game should put to bed the myth of MW as a conservative “game manager”.

If anything, MW is a gunslinger.  Dude does not lack confidence in his arm and does not hesitate to fire it downfield into the narrowest of windows.

He did make the wrong read a few times, but I think he will benefit from more exposure to different schemes (this was essentially is 4th NFL start, not counting the Indy game where he left in 1st Q) and more reps with the starting WRs to learn their tendencies so as to get on the same page.

The most exciting thing for me is seeing an intelligent, composed QB with sound mechanics, good pocket awareness, and the ability to consistently throw on target with timing and anticipation.

There is a rhythm and confidence to this offense led by MW.  

They just have to figure out how to close the deal in the red zone.  McVay loves to run the ball in the RZ, and this LaFleur scheme is supposed to be based on the same principles.  LaFleur gets really pass happy near the goal line though for some reason.

That’s not the narrative.  

Good game manager good at short throws who gets exposed and throws lots of picks when he has to throw it down the field.  That’s what he needs to close the door on.  

24 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

That’s not the narrative.  

Good game manager good at short throws who gets exposed and throws lots of picks when he has to throw it down the field.  That’s what he needs to close the door on.  

That’s another myth, perhaps.

But no, MW’s % of short throws (“under 10 yards”) in the Bengals game was used against him by the Zach stans and some of the nationwide talking heads.

“Yeah, he threw for 400 but….look at his aDot”

White was essentially being shaded for running the plays LaFleur was calling.

12 hours ago, Hex said:

He's a quitter that blames others for his failure. 

OK, it's Wednesday, we lost Sunday, now it's time to forget about this game and concentrate on hopefully an improved play calling game, with different players getting more of the focus than guys who only are able to haul in 1 out of every 2 passes thrown their way. Elijah Moore needs more opportunities and Corey Davis and Braxton Berrios less