Let's talk Jets vs Detroit Lions

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Ah my earlier note thanking everyone for no reported posts while I was on vacation goes out the window.

Got email alerts on this one.

There was no other way you could have made this point? SMH.

Oh Phil you should have seen the one in the game thread about Zach Wilson’s mother. You get any email alerts about it?

also, apologies 

On 12/14/2022 at 1:28 PM, Dunnie said:

Q doesn't play ... we lose i think. Defense is completely different with that guy in the lineup.

We have depth in the interior DL. We have to contain the running game.  Goof is nowhere near as good on the road playing in the elements.  Saleh will run a lot of nickel and dime formations to set the edge facing the run

White’s health is a bigger factor in whether we win or lose — and I’m a huge QW guy

The Detroit Lions offense has been rolling almost all season. When healthy, it seems like Jared Goff and Detroit’s receiving crew has been unstoppable. And as the Lions head into their Week 15 matchup against the New York Jets, their offense hasn’t been this healthy since Week 1. Their offensive line appears to be fully intact with the return of Evan Brown imminent. Their receiving corps is full strength and playing at a high level over the past few weeks. And Jared Goff is playing some of the best football he’s played in his entire career.

But the New York Jets boast one of the best pass defenses in the league. They’ve got a crew of game-wreckers on the defensive line, a pair of outside cornerbacks who have shut down some of the best wideouts in this league, and an aggressive play style that is designed to force turnovers and frustrate opposing quarterbacks.

Goff’s recent success has mostly come against average-to-poor defenses. The Bears, Jaguars, Vikings, and Giants all have bottom-seven pass defenses by DVOA. That said, Goff had decent games against the Bills and Packers, two teams with top-10 pass defenses.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2022/12/16/23512569/jets-lions-5-questions-pride-of-detroit-jared-goff-aidan-hutchinson-amon-ra-st-brown

2 hours ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

I just hope this is a good game, my brother in law and i are going down. he bought tickets for a tailgate and im wondering if any of my fellow Jetnation people will be at the game.

What tailgate are you going to be at?

2 hours ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

I just hope this is a good game, my brother in law and i are going down. he bought tickets for a tailgate and im wondering if any of my fellow Jetnation people will be at the game.

They have alot of tickets for sale in the upper level for 62 dollars. Weather report, balmy 39 degrees.

25, 6, 0
this is detroit’s O production vs the Bills, Cowboys and Patriots, respectively. Bills were a home game for the Lions and i do not believe they pressure the QB as much as the Pats, Cowboys and Jets.
I’m starting to feel pretty good about the Jets chances of shutting down the Lions O.

The Bills game was really strange. They had the snow issue where they had to play in Detroit 2 weeks in a row, second game was on 4 days rest (Thanksgiving). I think they stayed in Detroit, they did not get there usual game reset and have there normal routine between games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Larz said:

Please explain.  The legend is 1-2

2 yds total offense against a poorous Pats D in the 2nd half. (the Bust) The Legend only lost close games to 2 teams that most likely will represent each conference in this years Superbowl (Bills; Vikings) back to back. How well would Zach have played?? I vote for horrible.