Let's talk Jets vs Detroit Lions

Jets beat the Lions. Stop. They played at home against a not very good now 10-3 team. Jets play the Vikings at home The Jets win.

This is the NFL, seen this story before. Jets lose to Vikings, The Vikings lose to the team the Jets play next, tons of money come in on The Lions and they get pummeled by The Jets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

It’s actually turned into a really interesting game. This looks like a game where the defense could get outstretched but they’ve really answered the bell every single time, so it’s hard to see the Lions putting up a lot of points. As productive they are on offense, they are the exact opposite as a defense.

This is a game where the Jets match up well and in the end, I think they win. And they better, this is a big one

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

It’s actually turned into a really interesting game. This looks like a game where the defense could get outstretched but they’ve really answered the bell every single time, so it’s hard to see the Lions putting up a lot of points. As productive they are on offense, they are the exact opposite as a defense.

This is a game where the Jets match up well and in the end, I think they win. And they better, this is a big one

We might not have Q.

1 hour ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

Our playoffs start with this game, they play tough against! Garret Wilson should have a huge game Jefferson just put up 200 against them 

They won the game though, and that’s 5 out of 6 after starting 1-6. Campbell has them firing on all cylinders right now, and Hutch is right up there with Sauce for Defensive ROY right now. 

It’ll be fun watching our D go up against their offense though. Two really good units…

• Upvote 2

Not worried about their offense at all. They're putting up big numbers against sh*t defenses all while playing bad defense. They have nobody on their offense that scares me and Goff is good but the Jets defense should be able to beat him up and force some mistakes. I'm more concerned about capitalizing in the red zone bc 24 pts should win this game with the Jets defense. 

1 hour ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

Our playoffs start with this game, they play tough against! Garret Wilson should have a huge game Jefferson just put up 200 against them 

The playoff run started today.  They lost.   They are not out, but their chances went down by a good clip. They are playing lesser teams at home the next two weeks.  If they are good enough to be a playoff team, they should win both games convincingly. 

Just now, THE BARON said:

The playoff run started today.  They lost.   They are not out, but their chances went down by a good clip. They are playing lesser teams at home the next two weeks.  If they are good enough to be a playoff team, they should win both games convincingly. 

Win next 3 they are in it’s simple win next 3 Zach Wilson starts in garbage time game vs Miami 

1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

Their playoffs changes will remain the same if both Chargers and Pats lose. 

Ll

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Salehs Waterloo.  If he loses to Dan Campbell after mind flaying the #2 pick in the draft, he can’t be considered the guy. 

OMG I’d love to hear him asked that question pre game! 

Larz: “Hey Coach, Lars from Viking’s quarterly, do you think since you mind flayed the #2 overall pick, this is likely your Waterloo and is it fair we just assume that your not the guy!” 

Saleh: Mind Flayed ?

Larz: Thanks coach, I’ll take that as a yes. 

• Haha 3

Lions have a good back in Williams

Goff is playing perhaps his best football

Amon Ra St Brown is one of the most underrated WRs in the leauge

Jameson Williams has been back for a couple of games.

They have a pretty good oline

Our defense better be totally ready.

In the end the Lions will score points, The Jets had better score points as well.

• Upvote 1

I expect the Pats to go 2-3 in their remaining games. This means we have to win at least 3 to stay ahead of them. Detroit is a must win game if we want a shot at the Playoffs. We end the season at Miami - so unless Miami is in and resting starters that is going to be a tough game to win. So, we have to beat Lions and Jaguars. Otherwise, the season is basically over. 

While I don't believe any loss means Saleh is done as he has achieved what I would expect JD wanted this year while still having a ton of injuries. I just don't think we are 'in-the-hunt' with a loss to Detroit. So, IMO, this is a must win game.

Unfortunately, they are on TV here in NE next week, so, I just don't know if they can win :-(

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You just love to passively stir up sh*t, then play the “who me?” card, don’t you?

I just think the most important position in all of sports should ultimately help the team win.

When you have the worst one in the league - and then move to MUCH better one - I expected that to translate to wins.  Especially against a team they already beat.  

Nothing passive about it - just a belief.  

It is starting to seem that I am wrong though.